FEMA Directing Donations to Pat Robertson

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
Surfing the Apocalypse | September 2 2005

FEMA is directing Katrina donations to none other than the Rev. Pat Robertson.

Millions of Americans and people around the world have rushed to donate money to the victims of Hurricane Katrina, which is shaping up to be one of the worst U.S. disasters in history, if not the worst.

FEMA, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, is the lead federal agency in the rescue & recovery operation at work in New Orleans and the Mississippi gulf coast.

FEMA has released to the media and on its Web site a list of suggested charities to help the storm’s hundreds of thousands of victims. The Red Cross is first on the list.

The Rev. Pat Robertson’s “Operation Blessing” is next on the list.

“It’s an outrage,” said privacy watchdog Bill Scannell, who alerted Sploid to the FEMA / Robertson scam. “Operation f**cking Blessing? And it’s right underneath the Red Cross link!”

Click here, FEMA also supports sending money to B'nai B'rith International.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: FEMA Directing Donati

Just watching the "telethon" on eastern feed of NBC. Not bad. Will be on at 8 again on Seattle station. Only 2 hours ago.

I just wish they would stop showing assholes ("W's") stupid remarks.......

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: FEMA Directing Donati

I like seeing Bush's remarks. They show what an opportunistic, immoral moron he is. I just hate the deferential commentary that goes with them. The US press is about as yellow as it gets.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
just wish they would stop showing assholes ("W's") stupid remarks.......

so do I....... They are just too damned embarrassing to take in now.....let alone listen to.

FEMA and Pat Robertson working together???? Holy crap!. No wonder the US is in the mess it is in.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
I’m not really a fan, but tonight on CNN, I had a treat.

Anderson Cooper has been getting rather heated recently.

I saw him noodge Trent Lott into professing satisfaction with the government's emergency response.

'Twixt the Devil & the Big Red Elephant, Lott was!

Lott was aware of how many of his constituents are dissatisfied, and he tried to soft shoe around Cooper's question.

Cooper wouldn't have that. He put the question, and put it, and came back to it, and again, until Lott had to answer.

Guess Trent Lott knows that the Elephant never forgets, but voters mostly do.

It almost looked like Coop had grown some cojones.

I just hope his body doesn't reject them.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
GL Schmitt said:
I’m not really a fan, but tonight on CNN, I had a treat.

Anderson Cooper has been getting rather heated recently.

I saw him noodge Trent Lott into professing satisfaction with the government's emergency response.

'Twixt the Devil & the Big Red Elephant, Lott was!

Lott was aware of how many of his constituents are dissatisfied, and he tried to soft shoe around Cooper's question.

Cooper wouldn't have that. He put the question, and put it, and came back to it, and again, until Lott had to answer.

Guess Trent Lott knows that the Elephant never forgets, but voters mostly do.

It almost looked like Coop had grown some cojones.

I just hope his body doesn't reject them.

interesting that you should mention this. Actually watched Aron Brown on CNN this evening.......and he wasn't mincing too many words ..........for someone who is generally quite tame...(accomodating). He was dissed off and it was obvious.

Saw Anderson Cooper ......last evening ......I think and he was dissed as well.

A LOT Of anger now and it is spreading....

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
missile said:
Those preachers should be wondering why their God has forsaken them and brought this calamity down on them :)

wanna bet these same preachers are safely ensconsed in warm, secure homes...... as they prattle their "wares".???

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Always nice to see how faith-based charity works, innit? :roll:

Personally, I would like to airlift those fatuous asses into the middle of last week, New Orleans, so they wouldn’t have to waste their time preaching to the perverted.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
GL Schmitt said:
Always nice to see how faith-based charity works, innit? :roll:

Personally, I would like to airlift those fatuous asses into the middle of last week, New Orleans, so they wouldn’t have to waste their time preaching to the perverted.

so would I... :x Wanna bet they would be the first ones to equip themselves with GUNS.....???? :wink:

perverse does not describe ......... :evil:

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
OFF TOPIC

God damn you, Peapod!

I had heard about Agape Press but had never before seen (or looked for) its website. Now you’ve gone and provided me with a link to them.

Maybe it was beginner’s luck, but I found this gem the first article I clicked on.

God's Name Is Not to Be Misused

By Rev. Mark H. Creech
August 1, 2005

. . . The edition of The Boondocks that captured Grantlin's attention made a spoof of Oprah Winfrey's latest visit to Paris. Winfrey's trip received national attention when she was denied entry to an upscale Paris store after hours. Poking fun of Winfrey and all of the hoopla over her not being able to get into the establishment, Aaron McGruder, the comic strip's creator, drew a picture of Winfrey on a ticket that could be placed with store clerks that essentially says if you see this woman, "for Christ's sake let her in."

For Grantlin, this was a final straw. Grantlin had once before contacted the Raleigh News & Observer about the content in The Boondocks, but this time he wanted some action to be taken. Grantlin said his call was not to convince the newspaper to cancel the comic strip, but simply to get it moved to a more appropriate section. "I wanted it moved to the editorial section -- back where Doonesbury is -- where an eight-year-old child is not going to read it," he said.

Unfortunately, however, Grantlin got only resistance from the N&O staff. "All the other newspapers do this," a staff member told Grantlin. "Times are changing and we are becoming more liberal. The News & Observer has a daily circulation of 160,000 people and we received exactly seven other complaints. And you know what, not one of them was a child," the staff person added. Grantlin said the remark about not receiving complaints from children was the most ridiculous statement he had ever heard.

According to Grantlin, the N&O staff also told him he ought to find more productive ways to spend his time like doing volunteer work. Despite the fact that Grantlin has been a regular community volunteer, a recurring donor for the American Red Cross, an unpaid assistant for the local SPCA shelter, and visited two indigent persons weekly until their deaths, his appeal to move The Boondocks to what he believes is a more appropriate section of the newspaper fell on deaf ears. . . .

. . . visited two indigent persons weekly until their deaths . . .

Harrowing. They had to croak to get rid of him, you say?

There is a link in the article to the Raleigh News & Observer, that the good Reverend Creech wishes you to employ, complaining about their treatment of Mr. Grantlin, to this end: [that] "the fire of righteous indignation would spread to other newspapers."

Now, I’m going to have to send a email to a newspaper that I have never read, just to give them an AttaBoy and congratulate the unnamed staff member on his wonderful sense of humour.

TOPIC ON

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
So THAT’S what it was!

And there was I, thinking that it was the tale of a sanctimonious pedagogue’s meeting with an uninhibitedly humorous scofflaw.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
alright..wait a second...*grabs dictionary* ..p..pe..ped..pedag..pedagogue...1.A schoolteacher; an educator 2. One who instructs in a pedantic or dogmatic manner....scofflaw...sc..sco..scoff...scofflaw One who habitually violates the law or fails to answer court summonses.

Wow! your a heavy dude. 8O

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Pat Robertson: Actually I'm NOT a Christian . . . I just play one on television.

And as a drama critic, I must add, he doen't play one that well.

He has far too much trouble staying in charactor.