US 'harming' Uganda's Aids battle

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Religious right

Mr Lewis said: "Over the last eight to 10 months, there's been a very significant decline in the use of condoms, significantly orchestrated by the policies of government."

The government of Uganda appears to be under the influence of the American policy through the presidential initiative of emphasising abstinence far and away over condoms
Stephen Lewis, UN envoy

"At the moment, the government of Uganda appears to be under the influence of the American policy through the presidential initiative of emphasising abstinence far and away over condoms," he said.

He suggested US President George Bush, who launched his multi-billion dollar campaign to tackle Aids in Africa two years ago, was acting under the influence of the religious right in US.

That there says it all. Religious freaks rather have, aids infected kids and starving kids than no kids. I wish they would get their heads out of their asses.

Condom shortage my ass.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: US 'harming' Uganda's

An update:

Uganda urged to release condoms

Health and Aids campaigners in Uganda are threatening legal action against the government unless it releases 30m condoms which they say are in storage.

They say government policy on Aids has changed to reflect an American demand for a greater emphasis on abstinence.

Click above link for the rest.

all I can say is :roll: