US Forces Kill Reuters Journalist

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
http://today.reuters.co.uk/News/CrisesArticle.aspx?storyId=L29588862

I've always found Reuters to be a good source of balanced, objective journalism. A dangerous business these days.

"Two Reuters cameramen have been killed by U.S. troops in Iraq since the U.S. invasion in 2003. A third was shot dead by a sniper in Ramadi last November in circumstances for which Reuters is still seeking an explanation from U.S. forces.

Reuters' cameraman in the city of Ramadi, Ali al-Mashhadani, was arrested by U.S. forces three weeks ago and is being held without charge in Abu Ghraib prison. U.S. military officials have said he will face a judicial hearing shortly but have still given no access to the journalist or said what he is accused of.

A military spokesman said the hearing may have taken place on Monday at a secret location in Baghdad but he was not certain and did not know any result. Mashhadani had no access to counsel."

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: US Forces Kill Reuter

A military spokesman said the hearing may have taken place on Monday at a secret location in Baghdad but he was not certain and did not know any result. Mashhadani had no access to counsel."

Ah yes, the secret trials are back. Those friggin bastards. Thats what they are. No access to an attorney, won't say what he is accused of, no wonder America is thought of so lowly. Pricks. Not to mention how many rights they have violated. Bloody war criminals the lot of them if you ask me. This should not be tolerated. It is sick what they are doing.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Re: RE: US Forces Kill Reuter

Vanni Fucci said:
no1important said:
Ah yes, the secret trials are back. Those friggin bastards. Thats what they are. No access to an attorney, won't say what he is accused of, no wonder America is thought of so lowly. Pricks.

What do you mean back? They've never stopped... :?

Ahh ... no1 was just being ironic, Van. Oh ... you were, too ... :oops:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: US Forces Kill Reuter

The US military has made a habit of killing foreign press in Iraq. I think that in itself deserves investigation.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now