Is Bush Out of Control?

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Buy beleaguered, overworked White House aides enough drinks and they tell a sordid tale of an administration under siege, beset by bitter staff infighting and led by a man whose mood swings suggest paranoia bordering on schizophrenia.
They describe a President whose public persona masks an angry, obscenity-spouting man who berates staff, unleashes tirades against those who disagree with him and ends meetings in the Oval Office with “get out of here!”

In fact, George W. Bush’s mood swings have become so drastic that White House emails often contain “weather reports” to warn of the President’s demeanor. “Calm seas” means Bush is calm while “tornado alert” is a warning that he is pissed at the world.

Decreasing job approval ratings and increased criticism within his own party drives the President’s paranoia even higher. Bush, in a meeting with senior advisors, called Senator Majority Leader Bill Frist a “god-damned traitor” for opposing him on stem-cell research.

“There’s real concern in the West Wing that the President is losing it,” a high-level aide told me recently.

A year ago, this web site discovered the White House physician prescribed anti-depressants for Bush. The news came after revelations that the President’s wide mood swings led some administration staffers to doubt his sanity.

Although GOP loyalists dismissed the reports an anti-Bush propaganda, the reports were later confirmed by prominent George Washington University psychiatrist Dr. Justin Frank in his book Bush on the Couch: Inside the Mind of the President. Dr. Frank diagnosed the President as a “paranoid meglomaniac” and “untreated alcoholic” whose “lifelong streak of sadism, ranging from childhood pranks (using firecrackers to explode frogs) to insulting journalists, gloating over state executions and pumping his hand gleefully before the bombing of Baghdad” showcase Bush’s instabilities.

“I was really very unsettled by him and I started watching everything he did and reading what he wrote and watching him on videotape. I felt he was disturbed,” Dr. Frank said. “He fits the profile of a former drinker whose alcoholism has been arrested but not treated.”

Dr. Frank’s conclusions have been praised by other prominent psychiatrists, including Dr. James Grotstein, Professor at UCLA Medical Center, and Dr. Irvin Yalom, MD, Professor Emeritus at Stanford University Medical School.

As a recovering alcoholic (sober 11 years, two months, nine days), I know all too well the symptoms that Dr. Frank describes and, after watching Bush for the past several years, I have to, unfortunately, agree with him.

Conversations over the last few weeks with longtime friends who work in the Bush White House confirm even more what Dr. Frank says and others have suggested.

The President of the United States is out of control. How long can the ship of state continue to sail with a madman at the helm?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
no surprise. The signs of this have been there for some time. Problem is, that most people don't know what to look for .....as far as what the "signs" are......and tend to dismiss certain behaviors . laugh at them, even condone them ......while not being aware they are supporting a psychologically dysfunctional person who is in a leadership position.......and that combo is toxic/explosive.

Many recovered alcoholics see their former selves in him ......when they were still working at resolving their own issues.....of control, resentment, immaturity , stubbornness and callous indifference/arrogance.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
I just wish that all of this could have been discovered during his first election campaign, I still don't understand how he got re-elected, even with all the brain-washing propaganda...I mean people do have brains in the states, despite the fact that we make fun of them, right?

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Manda, if you believed that the world started about 4400 B.C. - and that you're the descendant of a rib and some dirt... well, what do want me to say?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Is Bush Out of Control?

manda said:
I just wish that all of this could have been discovered during his first election campaign, I still don't understand how he got re-elected, even with all the brain-washing propaganda...I mean people do have brains in the states, despite the fact that we make fun of them, right?

It has been there all along. Many just refused to examine it , and went along with the bush ride-em cowboy crap.....until things started to shake apart ......

It was obvious from the onset , that he lied about the reasons for the invasion. He might have had the decency to provide some PROOF Of his statements about those illusive WMD , but chose not to in his usual arrogant mode. He "expects" people to take things he says at face value.......and not question them. His role in the presidency has gone to his head to the point he believes he is invincible. The fact that he is so protected from the realities , and gee, "can't say anything against the president "factor that seems to exist in the US.......... the situation only reinforces his own delusions of grandeur. (self)

Maybe many just wanted so much to believe this lying dysfunctional , that accepting the truth about him meant swallowing too much pride. Pride prevents many from admitting that they supported such a dysfunctional (jerk) for office .......so they either continue to blindly support or go silent in disgrace. It is embarrasing to admit , that one's "chosen" leader is a bloody criminal in all spheres,......and an embarrassment at the very least. It is embarrassing to admit that no nation, leader is all that happy to host him as a guest.......and simply go through the motions ......of diplomacy.......spending mega bucks in security measures for someone they would rather not have visit at all.

Bush is another in a line of several very psychologically dysfunctional leaders in history now.......and each one has left a blood bath./path in his wake.........while claiming some high moral ground as a basis for their actions. Too bad so many of them are cunning enough to manipulate so many into following them.....and that is their deviousness/pathology.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
Why is it the more I watch the news and the more I survey what is around me, the larger is my desire to find a hole to hide me and my family in? He has caused such a global mess that it's going to take generations to clean it up! He's destroyed families forever....and yet I am completely powerless to stop any of it or the effect that it is having on my family Gawd! Its just so frustrating!

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

Ocean Breeze said:
manda said:

It has been there all along. Many just refused to examine it , and went along with the bush ride-em cowboy crap.....until things started to shake apart ......

It was obvious from the onset , that he lied about the reasons for the invasion. He might have had the decency to provide some PROOF Of his statements about those illusive WMD , but chose not to in his usual arrogant mode. He "expects" people to take things he says at face value.......and not question them. His role in the presidency has gone to his head to the point he believes he is invincible. The fact that he is so protected from the realities , and gee, "can't say anything against the president "factor that seems to exist in the US.......... the situation only reinforces his own delusions of grandeur. (self)

Maybe many just wanted so much to believe this lying dysfunctional , that accepting the truth about him meant swallowing too much pride. Pride prevents many from admitting that they supported such a dysfunctional (jerk) for office .......so they either continue to blindly support or go silent in disgrace. It is embarrasing to admit , that one's "chosen" leader is a bloody criminal in all spheres,......and an embarrassment at the very least. It is embarrassing to admit that no nation, leader is all that happy to host him as a guest.......and simply go through the motions ......of diplomacy.......spending mega bucks in security measures for someone they would rather not have visit at all.

Bush is another in a line of several very psychologically dysfunctional leaders in history now.......and each one has left a blood bath./path in his wake.........while claiming some high moral ground as a basis for their actions. Too bad so many of them are cunning enough to manipulate so many into following them.....and that is their deviousness/pathology.

You folks want to know why President Bush got elected? It don't take no brain scientist to figure it out ...

- He stands by his convictions and does not flip-flop.
- He does not go against his own faith.
- He is commited to fighting terrorism.
- He's against killing an innocent unborn baby,
but is in favor of executing a convicted murderer.
- He's against changing our traditional definition of
marriage.
- He believes in lower taxes and and no welfare state.
- He's against gun control for the law abiding.
- He believes in "One Nation under God indivisible".

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005

Nascar_James said:
marriage.

Oh bullsh*t! your just so awash in propaganda you'd believe that your name was BOb if W said it was. He flip flops all the time and his faith decrees "thou shalt not kill" yet he has done so over and over and over and over and over.....I 'm against killing an unborn baby, and believe in circumstances that would merit execution, but you would NEVER see me cause the world so much strife. He's a Horrid HORRID man

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

manda said:
Nascar_James said:
marriage.

Oh bullsh*t! your just so awash in propaganda you'd believe that your name was BOb if W said it was. He flip flops all the time and his faith decrees "thou shalt not kill" yet he has done so over and over and over and over and over.....I 'm against killing an unborn baby, and believe in circumstances that would merit execution, but you would NEVER see me cause the world so much strife. He's a Horrid HORRID man

Firstly, he's never flip-flopped on any issue I could remember. Secondly, if he is as you describe ..."horrid"... then why did he get elected twice? He also took an overwhelming majority of states including all of the South, Deep South, Mid West and aside from Calfornia, the South West. If it weren't for three states (New York, Illinois and California), the Democtrats would have been swept away.

Thirdly, you say he contradicts his faith by executing convicted killers ... I say you're wrong. Here is a quote from Genesis 9:5-6:
"And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man."

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005

Nascar_James said:
Thirdly, you say he contradicts his faith by executing convicted killers ... I say you're wrong. Here is a quote from Genesis 9:5-6:
"And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man."

no as I said, I feel that there are situations that merit an execution, please do not twist my words to fit what you want them to mean. I am talking about the now thousand+ american soldiers that he sentenced to death by ordering them to a pointless and completely useless war poorly armed. This war was wrong from the start, and now people are starting to see that, and that nothing but pain and atrocity will be gained from it

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Secondly, if he is as you describe ..."horrid"... then why did he get elected twice?

because the US population has lousy taste in leaders????

IF those were the "reasons" he was elected.......then the US problems are worse than appear on the surface. Seems they really don't care that much about true leadership skills, competance, intgelligence and ability.......let alone ethics, standards, credibility and the reputation of their country.

(not sure one can say he is a "horrid " man........but he is a psychologically dysfunctional, insecure, immature, impulsive , demanding , irresponsible , unintelligent ....and .....and .....and......person, who does NOT belong in a responsible leadership postion. Who the heck (in his right mind ) would hire him to be dog catcher???

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
manda: (hi ;-)

please do not twist my words to fit what you want them to mean.

THIS is exactly the distractive type tactic many right wing/bush supporters use. They can't beat the debate with brains,(facts) so they try to baffle their way with bullshit. :wink:

(as if others can't see through this tactic and game) "they " are all miniature spin meisters in training.;-) sheesh.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

Nascar_James said:
Firstly, he's never flip-flopped on any issue I could remember.

Short memory, then. What about his Excuse-O-Rama for being in Iraq?

Secondly, if he is as you describe ..."horrid"... then why did he get elected twice?

Isn't that what half of America and all of the world is wondering? How the other half of America could have been so blind and stupid as to miss the obvious?

He also took an overwhelming majority of states including all of the South, Deep South, Mid West

Hmm, that does answer my last question, doesn't it....

Thirdly, you say he contradicts his faith by executing convicted killers ... I say you're wrong. Here is a quote from Genesis 9:5-6

If he put even one wrongly convicted person to death, he contradicted his faith. Or is that written off as am 'Oopsie! my bad!'? Fact is, capital punishment kills innocent people right along with the guilty. That's wrong, and there's nothing in the bible to say it is right.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Vanni Fucci said:
An explanation for manda...

...and James the Jesus-freak knows it... :roll:

indeed. But don't expect him to admit to it. That would require serious self honesty.

Rather than bringing the dang Bible into defending the bush crimes.......it might be an idea to bring in some law books and psychology books to assess the man and his crimes and begin to consider appropriate justice .

Musicman

Electoral Member
Aug 7, 2005
I find it highly ironic that the Bush Bashers on this forum cannot understand how anyone could elect such a "horrid horrid" man such as George Bush (their words, not mine) and continue to degrade the intelligence of US voters, while at the same time claiming that it is democracy in action when anyone with a right wing attitude on here cannot understand how Paul Martin got elected in Canada.

And then to have the absolute gall to turn around and accuse the right of twisting facts and being brainwashed by propoganda. If it is democracy in Canada, it is democracy in the US too, and just as people on this forum tell the right wingers to live with it because it is "how Canadians feel", perhaps you should take the same advice, because apparently, that is "how US citizens feel."

And one really big difference. In Canada, Paul Martin was not actually elected as a Prime Minister, whereas in the US, George Bush was actually elected as the President. At least, the last time I voted, I do not recall a spot on the ballot for Prime Minister. Does anyone else have that option? Thought not.