Any Chomsky Fans Out There?

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
the level of destruction and terror and violence carried out by the powerful states far exceeds anything that can imaginably can be done by groups that are called terrorists and subnational groups. ---- Noam Chomsky

He knows his audience will accept whatever he posits.

He speaks to that market.

If you read that interview agreeing with his criticism yet paradoxically not reading his statements with the same critical analysis you are bound to be a nodding head.

The Iraqis themselves can tell you who's killing who.

I guess Noam hasn't seen the weekly headline of 200 Iraqi policemen being car bombed that has occurred over the year ? And the guts it takes for relatives to sign up to take those police positions ?

Or has Noam read how most Iraqis (ironically mostly Sunni) crowd around TV for the most interesting show of all in Baghdad where the police capture the suicider and then interrogate him and then at the end, Perry Mason style the perpertrator confesses ?

Like I say Noam's analysis is cheap marketing to a known bias.

Never does he aspire for the truth, but rather he goes for the crusade and we all know the central tenet of a crusade is belief, that the ends justifies the means, and that truth least of all has a chance.

I agree with his great cynicism of any government bureaucracy and the Kafka like horror that attends it, but any other truth is blotted out by Chomsky's maniacal focus on the great white whale and along the way he has a crew and an audience for that hunt.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Re: RE: Any Chomsky Fans Out There?

jimmoyer said:
I guess Noam hasn't seen the weekly headline of 200 Iraqi policemen being car bombed that has occurred over the year ? And the guts it takes for relatives to sign up to take those police positions ?

Yes, it takes inordinate levels of bravery to apply for the only job in town... :roll:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/05/12/iraq.livingsurvey/

That 18.4% unemployment rate is the most conservative figure I've seen...

jimmoyer said:
Or has Noam read how most Iraqis (ironically mostly Sunni) crowd around TV for the most interesting show of all in Baghdad where the police capture the suicider and then interrogate him and then at the end, Perry Mason style the perpertrator confesses ?

I wonder if Rupert Murdoch produces that show...

jimmoyer said:
Never does he aspire for the truth, but rather he goes for the crusade and we all know the central tenet of a crusade is belief, that the ends justifies the means, and that truth least of all has a chance.

What feckin' truth? Your truth? Bush's truth? Or the infallible truth that there is no feckin' truth left, because it's all hidden behind lies and deceit from all sides...

Crusade, my ass...there are but two crusades...the jihadi crusade, and the anti-jihadi crusade...everyone else is caught in the middle, and we're feckin' pissed off about it...

jimmoyer said:
I agree with his great cynicism of any government bureaucracy and the Kafka like horror that attends it, but any other truth is blotted out by Chomsky's maniacal focus on the great white whale and along the way he has a crew and an audience for that hunt.

Nice to see that you've switched to Melvillian metaphors...much easier to follow... :roll:

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Chompsky claims Henry Kissinger to be the most bloodied man in ever, more than Hitler or Stalin. More deaths, more awful tortures, the most evil killer ever.
I like that about Chompsky. Good old Chomps.Telling it like it is.

Chompsky often points out just how HORRIBLE it gets - bloody torture and rapes and screaming dismemberment and disembowelment is par for the course with American military and CIA. Putting the fear of hell into the populations...

Chompsky lets us know that the USA govt. is the source of the most horrible terrorism ever seen, worldwide and persistently.

Chomps says We have some responsibility for it too, despite the utter domination by the USA, it is happening in OUR time. We hardly even know about it, we don't care about it, yet it is so cruel and inhumane. The future will ask:"how could they let it go on like that" ... and we wont have an answer other than DOH!

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Karlin said:
Chompsky claims Henry Kissinger to be the most bloodied man in ever, more than Hitler or Stalin. More deaths, more awful tortures, the most evil killer ever.

Chompsky often points out just how HORRIBLE it gets - bloody torture and rapes and screaming dismemberment and disembowelment is par for the course with American military and CIA. Putting the fear of hell into the populations...

Chompsky lets us know that the USA govt. is the source of the most horrible terrorism ever seen, worldwide and persistently.

Chomps says We have some responsibility for it too, despite the utter domination by the USA, it is happening in OUR time. We hardly even know about it, we don't care about it, yet it is so cruel and inhumane. The future will ask:"how could they let it go on like that" ... and we wont have an answer other than DOH!

Peddle that bullshit somewhere else. If you think the US of A is anywhere close to being on par with Stalin or Hitler you are a stupid ass.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
MMMike said:
Karlin said:

Peddle that bullshit somewhere else. If you think the US of A is anywhere close to being on par with Stalin or Hitler you are a stupid ass.

http://www.canadiancontent.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=107669#107669

Please watch, and then re-think casting aspersions at the intellect of the disbelievers...

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Vanni Fucci said:
MMMike said:
Karlin said:

http://www.canadiancontent.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=107669#107669

Please watch, and then re-think casting aspersions at the intellect of the disbelievers...

You're right Vanni. I'm sorry. The police busting up a rave is far worse than anything Stalin or Hitler ever dreamt up. :roll: Dumbass.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Just how fecking stupid are you, anyway...

Never mind don't answer...it's pretty feckin' obvious to all...

Do you think that what happened in Russia and Germany happened overnight...it took years to get to there...and it's happening in the US, whether you want to see it for what it is or not...

Pull your head out of your ass, before they sick their dogs on you... 8O