Mr. Bush, There's Someone Waiting, and Waiting, to See You

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Except.... he is THERE.

I've never been convinced that he's ALL there though.

These things are hurting the Republicans chances in the mid-terms and will almost certainly cost the next Republican candidate (likely Jeb) in 2008.

They are also undermining Bush's power because he is losing his grip on the press, and the impeachment movement grows every time there's another story like this.

It's also costing Bush influence overseas because politicians that do have to run again don't want to be too closely associated with him.

It ain't perfect, Ten Packs, but the chances of not having another like him are a positive step.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
www.informationclearinghouse....rticle9738.htm (external - login to view)

Cindy...Video.

(bets that bush will NOT address this, (just ignore it).....unless it gets real "hot" and the media turns it into a live, ongoing story. OR .......he might make some smart *** remark about Cindy et al being "free" to express their feeling and thoughts in this wonderful Nation called the US....... and do the "freedom" twist/ dance to it .........again.

Continued evidence that bush spin/rhetoric is just empty facade...... as he could care less about the young people who are dying for HIS (DAMNABLE ) war. Not an "Iraq war"........it is a "Bush war ....invasion of Iraq.". (no matter the spin he puts on it... )

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
www.informationclearinghouse....rticle9742.htm (external - login to view)

a bit more on same...

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
www.gsfp.org/ (external - login to view)

questions for the bushman.(men)....

mrmom2
Thats a cool bus

Ten Packs

mrmom2

Said1
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by mrmom2

What he said.

mrmom2
Nice to see ya back Said i hope your summer is going well

Said1
Free Thinker

Nice to see ya back Said i hope your summer is going well

Why thanks, doll! My summer is going ok!! I hope yours is full of fun and beer like I had planned!

mrmom2
Not as much as i would have liked but i can't complain Having kids kind puts a damper on that ey

Said1
Free Thinker

Not as much as i would have liked but i can't complain Having kids kind puts a damper on that ey

Tell me about it! Thank Gawd for Poppa and Nanny! They so own me.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
www.topplebush.com/oped2095.shtml (external - login to view)

wait a sec....... bush has 2 hrs per day for his fitness routine and can't spend a few moments with Cindy?? Might be just as well...... as this way he continues to portray himself for the selfish cad (a**hole)he really is.

Living in a rarified stratosphere (bubble) of such "protection" only reinforces his delusions about himself ......(which are a far cry from reality.....) Might explain why he makes so little sense when he "talks"... and resorts to repeating his favorite generic catch phrases/lines. drunk on power, callous in the area of "sensitivity" and diplomacy.

Reverend Blair
Bush has always been completely out of touch with people. His handlers take care not to let him see protestors, his public appearances are carefully choreographed so that only his supporters are present. He brags about not reading newspapers, so he never hears the bad news.

bulldog
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

The neo-cons know hey are in trouble this time. I don't think they'll be able to sell it, Sheehan is too popular.

You know how I enjoy arguing the other side of the story. Here it is:

GO TO HELL, CINDY SHEEHAN

Excerpts:

Let me make this perfectly clear: I loathe Cindy Sheehan.

I hate how she dishonors her brave son's memory...I cannot stand the fact that she egotistically thinks she is more important than the tens of millions of people she would undermine in her quest for vengeance. Clearly, her arrogance knows no limits.

I am ashamed for Casey Sheehan. He understood that there are things in this world worth giving up your life to create, and he made that sacrifice. His mother, Cindy, full of hate, seeks only to destroy.

Many more related comments here: www.confederateyankee.mu.nu/ (external - login to view)

Bull Dog

Reverend Blair
Yeah, the people who love war are going after her. So what though? The truth is that she lost a son for no good reason and has been treated poorly by her government since that loss.

The anti-Cindy forces, just like the crooked and twisted Swift Boat Veterans, are liars and charlatans trying to cover the political asses of those they kneel in front of.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by bulldog

Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

The neo-cons know hey are in trouble this time. I don't think they'll be able to sell it, Sheehan is too popular.

You know how I enjoy arguing the other side of the story. Here it is:

GO TO HELL, CINDY SHEEHAN

Excerpts:

Let me make this perfectly clear: I loathe Cindy Sheehan.

I hate how she dishonors her brave son's memory...I cannot stand the fact that she egotistically thinks she is more important than the tens of millions of people she would undermine in her quest for vengeance. Clearly, her arrogance knows no limits.

I am ashamed for Casey Sheehan. He understood that there are things in this world worth giving up your life to create, and he made that sacrifice. His mother, Cindy, full of hate, seeks only to destroy.

Many more related comments here: www.confederateyankee.mu.nu/ (external - login to view)

Bull Dog

wow, if THAT isn't a typical neo con fanatical statement , not sure what is. Scripted by their leaders, and followed in lockstep (goosestep??) by the non thinkers.

the above remark....albeit typical , highlights the stupidity of such "thinking" .

Gosh, sacrifices and sacrificial lambs.... ( way of conduct ) are part of a primitive mindset/culture. We sure don't see bush 'sacrificing" his twins for HIS cause, now do we??

Gets more pathological and bizarre as time goes on.

( interesting counterpoint , but it emphasizes the insanity of same)

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote:

Cindy Sheehan Steps Into the Leadership Void
Posted August 11, 2005 at 5:00 p.m. EDT
During my many years as a writer, I've interviewed hundreds of people. But talking with Cindy Sheehan this morning was unlike any conversation I've ever had. Even though we were talking via cell phone -- and had a crummy, staticky connection at that -- her authenticity and passion reached through the receiver and both touched my heart and punched me in the gut.
She spoke with a combination of utter determination, unassailable integrity, fearlessness, and the peace of someone who knows that their cause is just. Her commitment was palpable -- and infectious. It reminded me an old quote about the great Greek orators: "When Pericles spoke, the people said, 'How well he speaks.' But when Demosthenes spoke, they said, 'Let us march!'"
That's the feeling I got from this former Catholic youth minister. She of the floppy hat and the six foot frame (though she's standing even taller than that these days). A woman driven by faith and conviction who used to think that one person couldn't make a difference and is learning otherwise. Her humanity stands in stark contrast to the inhumanity of those who refuse to admit their mistakes and continue to send our young men and women to die in Iraq.
She may not be the kind of media figure the cable news channels would order up from newsmaker central, a la Natalee Holloway. But she is the kind of...

Quote has been trimmed

Nascar_James
Casey Sheehan must be turning in his grave right now.

Here is a kid, a hero who fought for his country having his name tarnished my his hypocritical mother.

Yes, hypocritical. This is a woman who is unstable with absolutely no credibility. Last year, when her son died, she praised President Bush for his efforts on the war against terrorism and now all of a sudden she has turned against him. Seems she has caught the flip-flop bug.

Here is what she said after a meeting with the President in June 2004 (about 2 months after the April 2004 death of her son)...

"I now know Bush is sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis, I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith. That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together."

Also, what Cindy Sheehan fails to understand is her son wasn't drafted to join the army, he voluntarily enlisted because he believed in fighting for his country. No one told him he had to go fight, so what is she complaining about? It was his decision to go!!! President Bush did not tell him to enlist!!!

Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Nascar_James

Here is a kid, a hero who fought for his country having his name tarnished my his hypocritical mother.

Yes, hypocritical. This is a woman who is unstable with absolutely no credibility. Last year, when her son died, she praised President Bush for his efforts on the war against terrorism and now all of a sudden she has turned against him. Seems she has caught the flip-flop bug.

Here is what she said after a meeting with the President in June 2004 (about 2 months after the April 2004 death of her son)...

"I now know Bush is sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis, I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith. That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together."

Also, what Cindy Sheehan fails to understand is her son wasn't drafted to join the army, he voluntarily enlisted because he believed in fighting for his country. No one told him he had to go fight, so what is she complaining about? It was his decision to go!!! President Bush did not tell him to enlist!!!

Give it up neocon hack...Cindy Sheehan's son was sent to Iraq under false pretenses as part of an illegal invasion and occupation...tragically he died to make some fat cat neocon bastard another feckin' million and she is justifiably pissed about that...

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
www.tompaine.com/articles/200...to_account.php (external - login to view)

holding the wannabe "emperor" to account. Seeing as how the political system has no interest , or capability now.

but then accountability, is not all that important to the neo con fanatics. They are on some crazed mission and continue to spin the situation so it favors their twisted thinking about it.

Calling the mom here a "hypocrit' is exactly the perverse type of game these neo cons play. Their only tool is branding and labelling as otherwise they have no substance or rationality . And their sick game is getting mighty tiresome.....(repetative ad nauseum)

The only LIER and HYPOCRIT in this entire situation is the ape called bush who is too arrogant now to take a few moments to meet with a member of the US population. Is he not her "president" too......or does he only lead the rich and unquestioning.....followers??? (aka sheeple)

bush might do well to remember: "pride before a fall"......

Said1
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze

holding the wannabe "emperor" to account. Seeing as how the political system has no interest , or capability now.

but then accountability, is not all that important to the neo con fanatics. They are on some crazed mission and continue to spin the situation so it favors their twisted thinking about it.

Calling the mom here a "hypocrit' is exactly the perverse type of game these neo cons play. Their only tool is branding and labelling as otherwise they have no substance or rationality . And their sick game is getting mighty tiresome.....(repetative ad nauseum)

The only LIER and HYPOCRIT in this entire situation is the ape called bush who is too arrogant now to take a few moments to meet with a member of the US population. Is he not her "president" too......or does he only lead the rich and unquestioning.....followers??? (aka sheeple)

So where, on the political spectrum would you place yourself?

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1

no where. Do not label "self" , do not categorize self. Prefer a position (if any) of flux....... so as to evaluate each situation, for what it is without pre-set ideas /or trying to make things conform to a set of preset ideas. ( not sure that answers the question...... but the last thing I want is to be "affiliated" with any group/party . Ergo .....at election/voting time......it is a "judgement call" based on what is available .

Said1
Free Thinker

Quote: Originally Posted by Said1

no where. Do not label "self" , do not categorize self. Prefer a position (if any) of flux....... so as to evaluate each situation, for what it is without pre-set ideas /or trying to make things conform to a set of preset ideas. ( not sure that answers the question...... but the last thing I want is to be "affiliated" with any group/party . Ergo .....at election/voting time......it is a "judgement call" based on what is available .

Yes it does answer my question. I don't aligne myself with either side, although I'm not very parital to the left!

bulldog

I respect and understand what you are saying, James. What no one seems to have gleaned - I guess no one read the whole article -is that Cindy Sheehan seems to think that her son counts for more than the other soldiers who also died. It's like he is the
CHIEF martyr, and the other soldiers are sub-martyrs. Doesn't seem true or right to me.

Bull Dog

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote:

respect and understand what you are saying, James. What no one seems to have gleaned - I guess no one read the whole article -is that Cindy Sheehan seems to think that her son counts for more than the other soldiers who also died. It's like he is the
CHIEF martyr, and the other soldiers are sub-martyrs. Doesn't seem true or right to me.

and it isn't. Seems you are ASSUMING what she thinks ....and speaking for her. Each parent that lost a child in this atrocity has the same right to protest and join her. IF they don't.....they they are surrendering their kids as sacrificial lambs for the bush invasion.(aka atrocity)......and if that makes them "proud " of their children to die for bush.......who is to condemn them??? It is their choice and belief system.....(based on fanatical patriotism and all that) ......Others take a different view. To Cindy .....he son's life is important , as are the insane reasons the bush (lies) that got him killed. Does not imply at all , that he son is more important than others. Sheesh. Not sure how one gets this kind of twisted idea out of this. Anything to condemn Cindy??? - and how low will some go??? Not to worry, she can handle it.

so typical of the current neo-con fanatic (aka bush and his followers) posturing. They can't find valid/rational reasons to oppose her actions and debate them constructively .....so they bash HER----nothing like engaging in a good ol' fashioned fanatical character assassination. (or character/personality LYNCHING) What a bunch of low lifes.

bulldog

Quote: respect and understand what you are saying, James. What no one seems to have gleaned - I guess no one read the whole article -is that Cindy Sheehan seems to think that her son counts for more than the other soldiers who also died. It's like he is the
and it isn't. Seems you are ASSUMING what she thinks ....and speaking for her. Each parent that lost a child in this atrocity has the same right to protest and join her. IF they don't.....they they are surrendering their kids as sacrificial lambs for the bush invasion.(aka atrocity)......and if that makes them "proud " of their children to die for bush.......who is to condemn them??? It is their choice and belief system.....(based on fanatical patriotism and all that) ......Others take a different view. To Cindy .....he son's life is important , as are the insane reasons the bush (lies) that got him killed. Does not imply at all , that he son is more important than others. Sheesh. Not sure how one gets this kind of twisted idea out of this. Anything to condemn Cindy??? - and how low will some go??? Not to worry, she can handle it.
so typical of the current neo-con fanatic (aka bush and his followers) posturing. They can't find...

Quote has been trimmed
Anything to condemn Cindy? Anything? How about the words of her own family who condemn her?

Hello again Melanie, Our family has been so distressed by the recent activities of Cindy we are breaking our silence and we have collectively written a statement for release. Feel free to distribute it as you wish. Thanks – Cherie

In response to questions regarding the Cindy Sheehan/Crawford Texas issue:
Sheehan Family Statement:

The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect.

Sincerely,

Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.

It's all over Google, but I found it here:

www.hannity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21852 (external - login to view)

Bull Dog

Nascar_James

I respect and understand what you are saying, James. What no one seems to have gleaned - I guess no one read the whole article -is that Cindy Sheehan seems to think that her son counts for more than the other soldiers who also died. It's like he is the

Bull Dog

Really good point Bull Dog. I absolutely agree. Each troop is equal, no one individual is more important than the other. It is indeed tragic and unfortunate when one of our brave troops dies in the line of duty.

Hard-Luck Henry

Anything to condemn Cindy? Anything? How about the words of her own family who condemn her?

Her own family? Hardly. I mean, I notice the "Sheehan Family Statement" is signed "Casey Sheehan’s grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.” Who are these people? Do none of them have names?

(Quote on this from Cindy Sheehan): " ... my in-laws sent out a press statement disagreeing with me in strong terms; which is totally okay with me, because they barely knew Casey. We have always been on separate sides of the fence politically and I have not spoken to them since the election when they supported the man who is responsible for Casey's death. The thing that matters to me is that our family -- Casey's dad and my other 3 kids are on the same side of the fence that I am."

So, these anonymous signatories belong to Mrs Sheehan's ex-husband's family - the only actual name we have is that of one Cherie Quarterolo, who says she is "Casey's aunt and godmother", and who seems to be quite upset that - and I quote - "We can't walk down the street without people stopping us and telling us that they agree with Cindy."

Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Hard-Luck Henry

So, these anonymous signatories belong to Mrs Sheehan's ex-husband's family - the only actual name we have is that of one Cherie Quarterolo, who says she is "Casey's aunt and godmother", and who seems to be quite upset that - and I quote - "We can't walk down the street without people stopping us and telling us that they agree with Cindy."

I guess that's what they get for hanging out on the corner of Treason Street and Benedict Arnold Boulevard...