Jon Stewart vs. Tucker Carlson: The rematch.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Stewart-Carlson II: Anatomy of a Showdown

Jon Stewart vs. Tucker Carlson: The rematch.

Beginning Aug. 8 at 11 p.m., MSNBC's "The Situation With Tucker Carlson" will go mano a mano with Comedy Central's "The Daily Show," hosted by Stewart, who last fall called Carlson a rude term for a portion of the male anatomy.

Their on-air spat began when Stewart took advantage of an appearance on CNN's now-disbanded "Crossfire" to scold Carlson and co-host Paul Begala.

"You're doing theater, when you should be doing debate. . . . What you do is not honest. What you do is partisan hackery," Stewart lectured.

When Carlson told Stewart, "I do think you're more fun on your show," Stewart responded: "You know what's interesting, though? You're as big a [bleep] on your show as you are on any show."

MSNBC will put former Fox News Channel anchor Rita Cosby's new show in the 9 p.m. time slot previously held by Carlson. "Rita Cosby: Live and Direct" is described in an MSNBC news release as "a hard-hitting, no-nonsense news program that brings viewers stories they won't see anywhere else."

In its short run on MSNBC, "The Situation" has averaged just 200,000 viewers, which is down more than 40 percent from what Deborah Norville's show averaged last year, and far short of the 1.4 million that Jon Stewart has averaged per show so far this year. "The Situation" will be the only live cable news program at 11 p.m., competing with repeats of Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor" and CNN's "Lou Dobbs Tonight," as well as Stewart's show.

-- John Maynard

Is MSNBC still unavailable in Canada? I wouldn’t notice.

Guess I will have to wait it out until the first blogger posts a link at 11:30:01 PM

For any who missed, or wish to re-experience, the original fracas, here is the link to Stewart-Carlson One.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Jon Stewart vs. Tucke

Its availble on Digital now. It is the American version. The Canadian version died out a couple years ago, even though it showed pretty well the same stuff except for the can con requirement which they showed in non peak hours.

Channel 115 in Vancouver area on SHAW. Not sure abouit Delta Cable or other cable outfits.