Iraqi police are mainly criminals and insurgants

Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker
www.guardian.co.uk/internatio...535990,00.html (external - login to view)

jimmoyer
This is no surprise to anyone, including the Pentagon.

Included in that Pentagon report is an appraisal also of the many brave Policemen who have died, 200 at a clip every week, so the irony and the contradiction of insurgents signing up for duty is highlighted in the report.

Also the best watched television show in Iraq is the one where the Police catch the insurgent and interrogate him for what he has done to the Iraqi children, fathers and sons, brothers and sisters.

They all watch for justice.

Is the contradiction of all this transparent or is this article taken verbatim without analysis ?

Is the entire view of the Pentagon reported here?

Why would insurgents sign up to be targets ?

What is lost is the amount of bravery and hard choices made.

10 more years of Sadam with French, German and Russian help for nuclear capability, a desire that Saddam had, and who ruminated mightily his mistake in the Gulf War I was not having this capability.

Another 10 more years of Saddam money paying off the Palestinian families of dead suicide bomber children?

Can anyone be more sure of the pain avoided than the pain chosen ?

You see what you see now, what you would have seen 10 years later and most likely even more so precariously.

Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker
Hmmm...you seem to deflect from the fact that these are people that are violently opposed to the US trained police force...

How do you think they can be trusted? Can the high number of Iraqi police casualties be attributed to the fact that there are insurgents among their ranks? I bet they could...

How sweet is that...collect a paycheck, and strike at the enemy from within...the best of both worlds baby!

...and I find it ironic that you've accused many here of defending the insurgents, and now it is you that has rallied to their defence...that's more than ironic, man...that's just good old fashioned mad-capped hilarity...

jimmoyer
I don't see how you inferred from my post any defense of the insurgents.

That little analysis needs some explaining.

And how the insurgents can keep straight who is who among the police without killing their own often by mistake, carelessness or plain indifference is a conundrum not mentioned by you or by the Guardian article excerpting very liberally for its own ends the Pentagon report.

Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmoyer

I don't see how you inferred from my post any defense of the insurgents.

That little analysis needs some explaining.

Well you typed a nice flowery speech of the bravery of choices and so forth...it would seem to me that you approve of the insurgents infiltrating the Iraqi police force...because we all know that they must be there to do the right thing...

And how the insurgents can keep straight who is who among the police without killing their own often by mistake, carelessness or plain indifference is a conundrum not mentioned by you or by the Guardian article excerpting very liberally for its own ends the Pentagon report.

As you have often cited...the insurgents don't give a damn who they kill in the name of Allah...

jimmoyer
Vanni I think you rushed a response that makes little sense.

Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker

Ah well...too late to change it now...

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

Don't be silly, you're a moderator....

Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

Don't be silly, you're a moderator....

Well it makes sense to me...so I'm leaving it...I'll let the rest of you play catch up... :P