Okay - so who are THESE clowns????

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
Re: RE: Okay - so who are THE

no1important said:
South Carolina sounds like a place Harper should move too.

He can lead them in their upcoming 40 years of wandering from state to state. :roll:

I think it's a wonderful idea, a little far fetched and unlikely to happen, but I mean if they can do it, then more power to them. Christians are being persicuted, even in america, having a christian state, free of hate would be great. But I do find problems with this in that it's not so much christianity, as it is conservatism. Where in the bible does it say that everyone should have a gun? It doesnt. I think if they want to have a christian fundamental state, the they should stick to christian fundamentals, like, say, no guns.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
They can't create a separate state even if they had enough supporters to do so. The union in the US is not like the provinces in Canada, they can't uppity and leave when they feel like it.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Re: RE: Okay - so who are THESE clowns????

p106_peppy said:
How so? christianity is the most loving, accepting, and peaceful religion ever. It's only when people move away from the bible and create religion and ceremony that has no biblical base that there are problems.

Your kidding, right?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Ah...its friday peppy and its twinks day, I don't want to argue religion :? Lets just agree to disagree.
I think the south already tried this once with slavery, didn't work than, I doubt it would work again. :?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Okay - so who are THESE clowns????

no1important said:
p106_peppy said:
How so? christianity is the most loving, accepting, and peaceful religion ever. It's only when people move away from the bible and create religion and ceremony that has no biblical base that there are problems.

Your kidding, right?

No he's not kidding, and I think he made it clear when problems begin.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Okay - so who are THE

Peppy is referring to the same Bible that suggests that homosexuals are an abomination, different crops shouldn't be planted beside each other, you can't wear clothes made of more than one type of thread, slavery is okay, stoning people is acceptable punishment, and nobody should work on Sunday (or maybe Saturday).

Does the problem start with organised religion, or with the messages of intolerance and acceptable violence inherent in the book?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Christians are being persicuted, even in america, having a christian state, free of hate would be great.
Free from hate would be great. Except this little group is bent on leaving because they hate. So. Already they're buggered.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Okay - so who are THE

Reverend Blair said:
Peppy is referring to the same Bible that suggests that homosexuals are an abomination, different crops shouldn't be planted beside each other, you can't wear clothes made of more than one type of thread, slavery is okay, stoning people is acceptable punishment, and nobody should work on Sunday (or maybe Saturday).

Does the problem start with organised religion, or with the messages of intolerance and acceptable violence inherent in the book?

You're a tad oblivious to the Bible aren't ya Rev?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Nope...that's all in there. I'm not oblivious to it at all. It's also the kind of crap that the extremists pick up on...you don't hear them quoting the New Testament a whole lot.