Treason-Gate??

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Treason-Gate??

manda said:
Meh, Bush is just starting to be introduced to the idea of come uppins'

gotta wonder if he truly realizes the implications/ consequences of his devious gov't.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Reverend Blair said:
I don't think he has a clue, Ocean. I do think he's about to find out though...

I don't think so either. Wondering how he will try to spin this one ......as it unfolds. Might be quite "creative". (note: his "ratings" are at around 41% now. .............. and the reason this factors in , is because the US seems to put much value on "ratings". )

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
More importantly, the US press tends to put a value on ratings. 41% means that they'll start to do the job they were supposed to be doing all along.

The feeding frenzy will really begin if he hits 35%...I think that's when Fox will turn on him. It'll be like watching "The Waltons Eat Their Young" at that point.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
he hits 35%...I think that's when Fox will turn on him

interesting dynamic, isn't it??? One sees turncoats/traitors all over the place. Today's friend and ally is tomorrows feeding frenzy . Little wonder USers don't know which end is up anymore. Consitency in inconsistency...... :roll:

Makes it a tad more complicated now.......with the spin dr...(Rove) in the midst of this . Watch for his non answers now. He is one slippery SOB.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Rove is one of my favourite American political spinners. He's good.

He's like Earnhardt was to to NASCAR. He'll put somebody into the wall to win, or to finish 32nd instead of 33rd. He knows exactly what his job is and how to do it.

Watching him in action is like watching Earnhardt too. You can see the wrecks, and you hear the guys saying that he did it and it was dirty, and you know that he did and you know that nobody can prove much, and you know damned well that they should have known he was going to do that, and you know that he won't get more than a dirty look for punishment.

Earnhardt's spine was ripped out of the base of his brain a few years ago at Daytona. He was blocking (a fair bit less than honest racing) for his son and his son's team-mate. He picked up some weird air and hit the wall. It looked like a routine wreck until the looks on the track workers faces showed up on the screen. Earnhardt was dead.

I think this thing with Rove looks much the same. He was just doing his job, which required him to be dishonest. Karl Rove has a basal skull fracture and hasn't figured it out yet.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

manda said:
i guess you gotta do what the big man tells you. Looks good to see his pie all over his face.

Did I ever mention that I love chretien's pie incident here on the island?

I think anyone who pies Bush would end up getting shot.

The guy who got Chretien I used to play magic with at the local card shopee. Small world.