Iranian Movement of "Martyrdom Seekers"

bulldog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2005
Already 40,000 people have signed up to be suicide bombers in the name of Allah. How to stop 40,000 self-proclaimed murderers? Many are women!

Watch this - you have to see it. One tip - if you can't get the picture to come in, and you only get the sound, you can copy and paste the URL into another window, click view clip, and it should work. It did for me.

http://memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=736#

Bull Dog

bulldog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2005
Vanni Fucci said:
bulldog said:
How to stop 40,000 self-proclaimed murderers?

Stop doing things that compel people to strap bombs to themselves...

Nothing could convince me to strap a bomb on my back to murder other people in the name of anyone or anything. I guess I am one of the few who has a mind of my own.

Bull Dog

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Vanni Fucci said:
Hmmm...very interesting...

A Zionist propaganda machine, you say?

:roll:

:D :) :lol:

Yeah, and we KNOW that because of the objective unbiased assessments of those such as Ibrahim Hooper and the Palestinian Media Watch.

:D :) :lol:

From your own link:

MEMRI is one of the few free sources of English language translations of material published in Arabic and Persian; it can thus be seen as providing a view into Arab and Iranian media that is often otherwise unavailable to English speakers who are not literate in those languages. The technical accuracy of its translations is rarely disputed.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Re: RE: Iranian Movement of "

Reverend Blair said:
You left out the part about context etc, Just the Facts.

Yeah I also left out this

"That MEMRI has a bias against Arab societies can hardly be disputed... The picture of Arab media presented by MEMRI is a slanted, ridiculous cartoon", though he adds that "they're providing a pretty valuable service in the process".

and

"Whatever you think of its story-selection process, MEMRI is filling an important gap in our understanding of the Middle East"

Now why would he add that? Odd sort of addendum to a criticism, innit?

So how would you say the context was altered in Bulldog's link to change the gist of the story, that made it so important to point out the deficiencies of Memri's objectivity?

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Vanni Fucci said:
bulldog said:
Nothing could convince me to strap a bomb on my back to murder other people in the name of anyone or anything. I guess I am one of the few who has a mind of my own.

Bull Dog

...or you have nothing you feel is worth dying for...

...and killing muslims in the process....

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Vanni Fucci said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/elsewhere/journalist/story/0,7792,773258,00.html

http://www.antiwar.com/cole/?articleid=4047

http://www.nysun.com/article/16544

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/org/memri.php

A former CIA counterintelligence official, Vincent Cannistraro, said that “they [MEMRI} are selective and act as propagandists for their political point of view, which is the extreme-right of Likud….

That's all well and fine, but none of it negates what they're reporting. Even if they are the most radical zionists in the world, how does that address the content of Bulldog's link? Did Memri manufacture it? Are all those people in the video actors? What exactly is the point of attacking Memri's objectivity?

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
I think not said:
Vanni Fucci said:
bulldog said:

Bull Dog

Yes, and Americans are notorious for their friendly fire incidents, so what's your point?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Vanni Fucci said:
I think not said:
Vanni Fucci said:
bulldog said:

Bull Dog

Yes, and Americans are notorious for their friendly fire incidents, so what's your point?

If you can't see the difference between a friendly fire incident and strapping bombs around 12 year old girls to commit suicide, and taking lives that believe in the same "God" they do, then why bother explaining anything further?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Oh I see the difference think not, I am just not going to go along with racial profiling and lumping all arabs into the same melting pot. Remarks like "I am suspicious of people of middle eastern decent" paint all arabs with the same paint brush. Its a lie!!! and it does nothing to solve the actual problems.
8O 8O

Oh and I am not attacking the site at all!! that is a typical response to pointing out the bias of that site. Just as I am sure there are arab sites with the same bias.

Quote:
"The reason for Memri's air of secrecy becomes clearer when we look at the people behind it. The co-founder and president of Memri, and the registered owner of its website, is an Israeli called Yigal Carmon.

Mr - or rather, Colonel - Carmon spent 22 years in Israeli military intelligence and later served as counter-terrorism adviser to two Israeli prime ministers, Yitzhak Shamir and Yitzhak Rabin."

To sum up, MEMRI is a very slick pro Israel propaganda organization.

One of many!.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
I think not said:
If you can't see the difference between a friendly fire incident and strapping bombs around 12 year old girls to commit suicide, and taking lives that believe in the same "God" they do, then why bother explaining anything further?

12 year old girls you say?

No difference anyway...dead is dead, and no one can change that...

...I just wish you'd be a little more introspective and see that it is attitudes such as yours that will perpetuate the situation...John Wayne is not a big favourite of the Arab crowds...whether that John Wayne be American or Israeli...

But hey...snipe a few more Palestinian school kids...that should solve the problem...beat and kill a few more Iraqi civilians, that will definitely teach them all a lesson...

Friggin' morons, I tell ya... :roll:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
peapod said:
Oh I see the difference think not, I am just not going to go along with racial profiling and lumping all arabs into the same melting pot. Remarks like "I am suspicious of people of middle eastern decent" paint all arabs with the same paint brush. Its a lie!!! and it does nothing to solve the actual problems.
8O 8O

I never placed all Arabs or muslims in the same lot as terrorists, if you have proof to that effect, come forth with it, otherwise I suggest you shouldn't be addressing me with this issue.

peapod said:
Oh and I am not attacking the site at all!! that is a typical response to pointing out the bias of that site. Just as I am sure there are arab sites with the same bias.

All websites have a bias, as you stated, so whats the problem when someone posts a site contrary to the general "mindset" of this board?

peapod said:
Quote:
"The reason for Memri's air of secrecy becomes clearer when we look at the people behind it. The co-founder and president of Memri, and the registered owner of its website, is an Israeli called Yigal Carmon.

Mr - or rather, Colonel - Carmon spent 22 years in Israeli military intelligence and later served as counter-terrorism adviser to two Israeli prime ministers, Yitzhak Shamir and Yitzhak Rabin."

To sum up, MEMRI is a very slick pro Israel propaganda organization.

One of many!.

Yawn, and Yasser Arafat tried to overthrow the Jordanian government and has been hailed as a freedom fighter. That machine seems to work well also.