Sept 10, 2001 Q for ITN

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Hey ITN, I had a friend in New York CIty day before 9/11. She loves New York and had been there many times. That day 9/10, she just wanted to leave. She had never felt any fear or shit from the city before, she loves New York. She could feel "something" and did end up coming back home.

The Q for you... Did you feel any premonition type shit? What about your friends? Tell us, tell us.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
The closest thing I had to a premonition was watching the first plane jet down Manhattan, I was actually on a roof across the street from Tower 7.

However, the Sunday before that, September 9th, I had gone fishing with a few friends. We were about 50 miles off the coast of Long Island and the only thing that was visible was the tip of the WTC South and North Towers. We commented on how cool that was, that was about it.

The bank I used to deal with, Atlantic Bank of New York had leased temporary office space at the very top of the North Tower, if you do a search of the tenants of the WTC you will still see the bank as having leased the top floors. They had moved there for a year to build their own 40 story building in midtown manhattan, their lease was expiring the end of September 2001. My ex-g/f was a manager at one of their branches. They were supposed to have a managers meeting on the top floor on that very day.

However the CEO decided on September 1st, since the new building was ready ahead of schedule, to move into their new building. And so they did, the Friday before September 11th.

Lucky Them!

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Whoa, lucky for them.

Cool about the fishing trip because I am sure nobody else noticed how cool their last view of the towers was.

Thanks for the answer, I hope bringing it up doesn't upset you too much anyway.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
For some strange reason I don't mind writing about it, but when I am asked to talk about it, its different.

Most of us don't live what goes on in wars and terror attacks, we only get it from the news. At some point it becomes out of sight out of mind type of thing. People jumping out of windows knowingly plunging to their deaths is not exactly out of my sight or mind yet.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Jesus, no I guess not. Were any of your friends part of that? It was just yesterday to you in New York I'm sure.

If you are unable to keep answering the q's just ignore this ITN. I don't want to f**k you up today.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
I think not said:
The closest thing I had to a premonition was watching the first plane jet down Manhattan, I was actually on a roof across the street from Tower 7.

That was a memorable day for me too, you see my son was born about 7 min after tower 2 fell...Kinda funky. I chose an Inuk middle name to symbolize the event, it the best translation is a mix between warrior and brave. We gave the first name of Seth, I knew it was Egyptian in origion but I didn't know for what. Afterwards we figgered out that it was a god of war and chaos...Oops.

So a full translation of his name from: Seth Anguyakti Stewart is Chaotic warrior servant 8O...Well it's kind of cool in a dark sort of way.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Sept 10, 2001 Q for ITN

GreenGreta said:
I am truly sorry to hear that.

Thank you. His wife received over $4 million in Aid. She gave it all to build a childrens hospital in Afghanistan. She didn't want Jasons death to be for nothing I suppose. At least kids will have some benefit of all this. Life is strange, one persons death can be another persons life.