Dump Bush and the Congress he rode in on

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
interesting. More sites are now addressing the issue of getting rid of the bush factor/gang from the USG. The fact that the main media outlets are still a tad quiet/shy about this......speaks volumes .

gotta be a tad concerned about only bush being "dumped" as heaven help the US/world should that sleaze Cheney take over.

Let's say , it is possible to get rid of the bush administration....what happens then?? What is the protocol for such an event?? Would it be the first in history of the US???

Would there be another "election" immediately .....so a whole new management can take over???

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Dump Bush and the Con

It is possible to impeach the entire cabinet if necessary. There is always a next in line. At some point, and I'm not sure exactly what point, the Speaker of the House, regardless of what party he belongs to, gets to take over.

At any rate, all of the war criminals can be impeached and there will be somebody to take over. No election necessary until 2008.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Dump Bush and the Con

Reverend Blair said:
It is possible to impeach the entire cabinet if necessary. There is always a next in line. At some point, and I'm not sure exactly what point, the Speaker of the House, regardless of what party he belongs to, gets to take over.

At any rate, all of the war criminals can be impeached and there will be somebody to take over. No election necessary until 2008.

thanks rev. Not sure what the protocol would be in the event this should actually happen. It might mean a bit of a "crisis" in the gov't.....should this happen. one would think. or would it?? Seems they must have backup systems in place.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Reverend Blair said:
Oh, it would be a crisis. It'd would be fun as hell to watch though. :)

rev: How possible/probable is this?? realistically speaking.

(in your opinion ......given the situation as it stands now)

seems that a serious crisis in the USG would have far reaching implications....

and might not be a "bad" thing......when the dust settles.. :wink:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
rev: How possible/probable is this?? realistically speaking.

(in your opinion ......given the situation as it stands now)

I think we'll see an attempt to impeach Bush...Rumsfeld will likely dive on his sword and retire before that. Cheney may be forced to resign over the Halliburton/Nigeria thing first too. If not they'll take a run at him as well. Everybody else is safe as long as they keep their pants on in public.

How successful they are is going to depend on who get's what in the mid-terms. I think they might get impeachment hearings if the Democrats win that.

It's getting hard to say though because as it snowballs it takes on a political imperative. If Bush is impeached it will likely toss the Republicans out of power for quite a while. It will also signal the end of the the neo-cons and possibly the religious right controlling the Republican Party. Those are some pretty powerful groups that do not want to lose control and they have massive influence in the press and some of the best spin doctors on the planet.

I don't think it's such a longshot anymore though. At x-mas I would have said 5:1 against impeachment. Right now I'd say 3:2 against. If the Democrats get control in the mid-terms, I'd say 3:2 for impeachment.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
http://www.topplebush.com/bumperstickers.shtml

some really cool bumper stickers......:)

amazing to see how so many "topple bush"....."impeach bush" sites are sprouting up. (and "dump bush" ones too :)

he might have to pull one heck of a fancy "feather "out of his hat of dirty tricks to reclaim any credibility now. Kinda too bad , he did not realize (as most mature people do) that lies compounded with more lies.....come back to haunt. ( and backfire )

Given this lack of credibility.........should there be another "alert" how many would pay attention now???? MInd you , when alerts are used for political gain/control......they have no value anyhow.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Give it up, it isn't going to happen.

Remember the gun fight that happened when they (illegally) nabbed Milosevic?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Dump Bush and the Con

Never say never, Jay. I never thought my teeth would fall out, but they did. Nobody thought Spiro Agnew (Dick Cheney's spiritual twin) would end up shagging golf balls for corporate executives, but he did. Nobody thought Nixon would end up being impeached, but he did.

Saying that Bush cannot go down for his crimes is a bad bet. The world is changing and there is increasing hostility towards the policies of Bush and his compadres. I'd put the odds of Bush or anybody in his cabinet facing charges right now at 50:1 against. Six months ago, I might have laid out a twenty for a 500:1 bet.

If you'll give me 50:1 over a ten year span (these things move slowly) I'll put twenty bucks on Bush and/or senior members of his cabinet facing charges on this, Jay. I like longshots, after all. Whaddya say...willing to risk $1000 for the chance of making $20 on that, Jay? You won't have to pay until June 22, 2015.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"Whaddya say...willing to risk $1000 for the chance of making $20 on that, Jay?"

I'll ask the wife. :wink:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
But it doesn't cover dental...

Doesn't cover a lot of stuff for being universal...

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Well it's a good thing you have universal health care

It doesn't cover dental. It gave me a lot of insight into how private insurance works though. I sure as hell don't want to go through that with something serious.

"Whaddya say...willing to risk $1000 for the chance of making $20 on that, Jay?"

I'll ask the wife.

'kay, but don't tell mine. She isn't one to bet on longshots. Other than marrying me, of course. maybe she learned her lesson? :lol:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"I sure as hell don't want to go through that with something serious. "

Cause your teeth falling out isn't serious… :wink:

"maybe she learned her lesson?"

You showed up at the wedding...that probably cemented it for her right there.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Reverend Blair said:
Never say never, Jay. I never thought my teeth would fall out, but they did. Nobody thought Spiro Agnew (Dick Cheney's spiritual twin) would end up shagging golf balls for corporate executives, but he did. Nobody thought Nixon would end up being impeached, but he did.

Saying that Bush cannot go down for his crimes is a bad bet. The world is changing and there is increasing hostility towards the policies of Bush and his compadres. I'd put the odds of Bush or anybody in his cabinet facing charges right now at 50:1 against. Six months ago, I might have laid out a twenty for a 500:1 bet.

If you'll give me 50:1 over a ten year span (these things move slowly) I'll put twenty bucks on Bush and/or senior members of his cabinet facing charges on this, Jay. I like longshots, after all. Whaddya say...willing to risk $1000 for the chance of making $20 on that, Jay? You won't have to pay until June 22, 2015.

good post.

never say never: indeed. and you are right......these issues take time. and yes, the world is a different place now. Communication is faster, more of the world itself is aware of serious issues.

(haven't "we" heard that line from US-ers before??? "it will never happen".........and then it does happen, and gosh are they "shocked". Lack of foresight.)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

no1important said:
Who really knows what could happen. Bush better be careful where he travels abroad after his term is done as you never know who may arrest and charge him.

I am visualizing his photo on a deck of cards of the 10 most wanted........as I read your post.

(it works both ways.. :wink: