G-8 Summit-Scotland

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: G-8 Summit-Scotland

Reverend Blair said:
Tell him to take a gas mask, a motorcyle helmet, and plenty of smokes.
:wink:

I will. He plans on taking a tent ......( not sure just what else he is planning..........and am scared to ask :wink:

he is a cool chap. The most dangerous thing he carries is his dig cam. and he will be some dissed off ,if they take it from him. (so will I , as I want some pics from him. :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Reverend Blair said:
It's the cameras they fear most, Ocean Breeze. That makes the most important thing your friend can take to be his digi-cam.

he knows this. Being a resident of the area......he knows the place well.......and has a few unknown trails that he can use to get close. He is quite savvy........but I keep warning him to be careful and not push his luck.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
The boys in black uniforms will give him and his camera a beating if he gets caught :x I hope he can run fast Ocean :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
mrmom2 said:
The boys in black uniforms will give him and his camera a beating if he gets caught :x I hope he can run fast Ocean :wink:

I am kinda hoping he does not go.......he is a daddy of three young kids and doesn' t need this crap.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/0701-10.htm

protestors heading for G-8 convention site.

In this day and age of communication technology, one has to wonder why these reps have to meet in person and be faced with such expense, massive security problems, protests etc. Can't they all set up video conferencing or some kind of system that would make it so much simpler and more efficient??

think of the bucks it would save. (as well as the stress in the hosting area )

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Ocean Breeze said:

In this day and age of communication technology, one has to wonder why these reps have to meet in person and be faced with such expense, massive security problems, protests etc. Can't they all set up video conferencing or some kind of system that would make it so much simpler and more efficient??

And spoil their good time? How dare you! :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think not said:
Ocean Breeze said:

And spoil their good time? How dare you! :wink:
:lol: :lol: :wink:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
If there was no G8 summit, there would have been no reason for Live8 on the weekend.

So there you go. Many of the people who go to protest the G8 summit are the same ones who just went to the concerts. Go figure.

shamus11

Electoral Member

Send the Money or Else

By

James Bredin

The left wing activists want a bigger piece of our GDP,
Increase our already high taxes or Mulroney’s GST,
This is really what their Live Aid concert was all about,
And Martin is part of their plan in case you have a doubt.

They want to send more money to Mugabe and friends over there,
Part of a UN millennium development affair,
They use gobbledygook words to explain the whole thing,
Pushed down our throats by those who brought us the same-sex fling.

Send our taxes to communist despot dictators in league,
Where it quickly disappears down a hole of internal intrigue,
They want to be proud UN heroes but always in control,
Forget the previous money that went into that same big hole.

There is no need to talk about this stuff; the decision was made,
No referendums, no debate though we may feel betrayed,
No recall or proportional representation for us,
As we jump on the Live Aid bandwagon and no need to discuss.

It’s only a rumor I heard but it could be, might be true,
Quebec equalization ransom payment is overdue,
Paul Martin and Sir Bob sent it all to Robert Mugabe,
He’s that communist despot dictator over in Zimbabwe.

Monday, July 04, 2005
http://tinyurl.com/7ru6e

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Another ode to purposeful misunderstanding dedicated to remaining ignorant, James?

As long as it rhymes, I guess. You might try some imagery or maybe some try to work in some deeper meanings though. You know, to keep it interesting.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
'Open your eyes' about Africa, cardinal tells U.S.
Tue Jul 5, 2005 09:49 AM ET
Printer Friendly | Email Article | Reprints | RSS (Page 1 of 2)
Top News
With Supreme Court on mind, Bush heads for Europe
Two U.S. troops found dead in Afghanistan -official
Bin Laden may be in Afghan south, Pakistan says

MORE

By Philip Pullella
VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Benedict's top adviser on justice and peace said on Tuesday he hoped the Group of Eight (G8) rich nations summit will nudge the United States to open its eyes to the problems of Africa.

In an interview with Reuters ahead of the G8 summit in Gleneagles, Scotland, Cardinal Renato Martino called for more debt relief and said rich nations should see that subsidies for their farmers meant poor states could not compete on the market.

Martino, head of the Council for Justice and Peace, praised British Prime Minister Tony Blair, calling him "the machine, the motor" for making debt relief and aid for Africa a personal crusade and for putting both issues in the world spotlight.

But, in response to a question, the 72-year-old cardinal said the United States had to do much more for Africa, because of its wealth and because of "its sad history of slavery."

"I firmly hope that American people and the government, the administration, will open their eyes about Africa because it is a need," Martino said, speaking in English.

"We cannot be content with our money when we see children die of curable diseases ... or because they drink dirty water. We cannot sleep peacefully when we see that innocent children suffer like that," he said.

Anti-poverty campaigners say the G8 leaders have a unique chance to stop 30,000 children dying every day due to extreme poverty by doubling aid to poor countries, especially in Africa.

Martino, who served for 16 years as the Vatican's ambassador to the United Nations, called Americans "the most generous people" in the world and questioned whether the American media was doing enough to get the Africa story across.

A MEDIA PROBLEM?

"I ask the American media to be sensitive, to be open, to invest in Africa's problems," he said.

U.S. President Bush has been under pressure to increase aid for Africa after he turned down a proposal by Blair for the industrialized world to give the continent as much as $50 billion a year by making long-term aid commitments.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

TenPenny said:
If there was no G8 summit, there would have been no reason for Live8 on the weekend.

So there you go. Many of the people who go to protest the G8 summit are the same ones who just went to the concerts. Go figure.
:?: :?: :?:

interesting "deductive" analysis..........(NOT)