Devil's Lake diversion

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Devil's Lake diversio

There's a thread on it somplace, Ten Packs. I was typing in it just this morning. I can't find it now though.

The basic deal is that unless the IJC steps in, something the Bush administration is dragging its feet on, North Dakota is opening the taps on July 1. If that happens ND can kiss its tourism goodbye...people from here can go to Minnesota or Montana. Both of those states supported us in trying to stop this.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
How quickly they forgot Garrison...Gee why would the people of Manitoba be opposed to ND corrupting the water system? ( rhetorical,with a large hint of sarcasm.) Of course ... Manitoba cold bottle the water and seel it back to N. Dakotans as naturally fortified spring water.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Another example of the US riding rough shod on anyone to get what it wants. It listens to NO ONE. And cares even less.

then they have the gall to ask....why there is so much resentment at them. (which they turn around and call" anti Americanism")

They foster the anti Americanism by their own actions. and take NO responsibility for doing so. It is always the "other guys fault"....and they have mastered this pathology to a fine art.

This is not even politics......it is unadulterated insanity.

transparent as it is.

"they" have become so used to getting THEIR way , that they see no other options , have no consideration for others at all. It almost seems like "they" are locked in the wild west mentality. Just "TAKE" what they want.....without regard to anyone or consequences.

Something very major will have to happen , before they come out of their deluded SELFISH, SELF CENTERED world.

Pride before the fall???

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
I don't know why they don't build a floodway around Grand Forks. That way the water hasn't been diverted. It would be much cheaper.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Devil's Lake diversio

The filtration system they've proposed will be enough because it will be based on science. I don't know why North Dakota didn't agree to it months ago. I know it had been suggested.

The bad part is that, in the meantime, water will most likely flow through the "filter" that they built in an attempt to shut us up earlier this month. That filter consists of nothing more than a few truckloads of gravel that will stop adult fish. According to marine biologists, it will not even filter out all of the fish eggs.

There have been conflicting reports on whether the new agreement will stop pumping until we have a new, effective filter, or whether this little bit of gravel is meant to suffice in the meantime.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now