Climate change-Implications

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
http://rense.com/general65/climate.htm

but then people like bush say, there is no climate change , and his followers /desciples believe every word he says. (this degree of "patriotism" is scary at the best of times)

(gosh, all one has to do is examine the changes in climate in real life. Much as I driving my MGB with top down in Feb on the coast.......it is not the "norm". Much as rain can get a tad tiresome , gloomy......having none or just showers this winter /spring is not the "norm".

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Climate change-Implic

You have an MGB? Lucky bugger...I was going to rebuild one, but it never happened so I sold it.

What I don't get about the climate change deniers is...well...what the hell is wrong with these people?

We are already seeing the effects. The science is there. We're in deep trouble no matter what, but mitigating the effects will be helpful...maybe keep us from starving.

Still, these people deny it. Never mind that the permafrost is melting up north or that glaciers are disappearing. Never mind that we've had lightning in the winter in Manitoba for the last 3 years in a row. Never mind that we've seen droughts and floods and everytime I turn on the radio they are announcing another record being broken.

Oh well, some Conservative will no doubt show up to tell me that nothing has never changed, that there is no evidence, and climate scientists are just conspiring to steal his money. Maybe we can run that Conservative's genaology to see exactly how often inbreeding occurred in his or her family.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Still, these people deny it. Never mind that the permafrost is melting up north or that glaciers are disappearing. Never mind that we've had lightning in the winter in Manitoba for the last 3 years in a row. Never mind that we've seen droughts and floods and everytime I turn on the radio they are announcing another record being broken.

Not sure about the WHY Of the denial. Fears of facing truths and what they might mean.??? Seems our "culture" has evolved into one of creature comforts. Anything that disturbs or might disturb the equilibrium is "threatening" Sadly, many people don't wake up to the reality until it affects them personally.....and by then it is usually too late.

The snow fall here in Whistler this year has been reduced to the point, that much of the ski business suffered. The snow caps on the mountains are much higher now. So , in keeping with the scientific data......the facts are obvious to anyone .

Yep. have an MGB (77) but in pretty good shape. A fun car to have for the coastal winding roads;-)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Yup. They hate science, those Bushites. The Harperites up here are the same. Brutal, purposeful ignorance because it might get in the way of them making money.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

I think the "right" deny it because a lot of right wing politicians are in bed with big oil and if they spoke out about it they would lose large political contributions.

I can not think of any other reason for the life of me, why the "right" continues to deny global warming. Just look at the arctic, your local mountain lack of snowfall,more forest fires and droughts than usual due to lack of winter moisture, pine beetles not dying due to lack of cold, the wacky weather over the last few years and so on and so on.

Man I still remember the days of being able to skate on Trout Lake and Lost Lagoon in Vancouver as a kid. I can not remember when the last time either of them froze. Even look at old pictures of Vancouver you see lots of snow, but now????

The "right" wing need to wake up and see what the hell is going on before it is too late.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
http://www.sundayherald.com/50323

this is a lot more serious , then some "believe" or think. :(

kinda sad to see so many politicians diverted into wars, building up their weaponry to defend themselves against the US now......while this situation is not heeded for the importance it has. :cry:

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Re: Climate change: non-believers minds

I am very happy to see this question come up - WHATS WITH THE PEOPLE WHO DENY THAT THERE IS CLIMATE CHANGE?

I have an inside view of that psychosis. My brother is the CEO of a major energy company in Canada... We used to talk, and I would bring it up about Climate Change, and he would dispell my concerns. One thing - he is very smart, won all the awards, got top marks, all that [not me, I got poisened or something, can barely spell]. He is so "clever" that he could make me feel foolish by the time he finished a sentence.

When I said "humans come along, and within 100 years we burn all this oil and gas, and its got to have an effect"
REPLY - "god made mankind perfect, and if we happen to burn oil, thats exactly the plan, god knows and we follow and its allways right. Maybe we averted the next ice-age by our actions. We are not aware of his plan, we just follow it."

When I said "the pollution is killing us, causing cancers" , he would say "there is no eveidence of that, the workers don't get sick, and they are around concentrated amounts of these chemicals, so its no danger to regular people" .
[maybe he didn't realise that WCB and employers conspire to keep these numbers down? ]

When I said "Ok, so if god makes this great biosphere with all these balances that keep climate stable, and we come along and undo it all, and we create severe weather thru climate change - are we not undoing gods work? " He would say "no the climate is not changing from human activity, it natural cycles".

Round and round, tactfuly ignoring the facts and skewing the reality, using god as needed and discarding him when it suits him.

I just wanted you all to know that this is the way "they" talk to their own brothers, as if we are "the public watching TV" , impersonalising it all for the good of the industry.

What went wrong with that super-intelligent brain of his? Was his ambition so strong it clouded his mind when there was a conflict between morality and success? He is a "short stature person", maybe its the short-man syndrome?

And today his nephews, my sons, are being flooded out in Alberta, losing everything, due to heavy rains like they have never seen before. He will say its their fault for living there. His kids all live high up on the hill...

In any case, now that we have arrived at the predicted time of the start of severe weather that will ruin lives and so much else,
IT IS OBVIOUS HE CAN'T SAY HE WAS WRONG.

None of the swaggering "masters of the universe" can possibly admit they were wrong. Such huge implications for them, as they worked overtime to make things this way and are obviously guilty of causing severe weather.

Liability, guilt, etc - it means that those dominating people with the power to make changes will simply not help us reduce the damage. Because of their stubborn madness, we will continue to use more and more fossil fuels [there is evidence that "the end of oil" was a myth, that there is much more to be found and burned] and our planet will become more and more unstable.

The one thing that may be real about it is this, that indicates that "they" have a plan based in reality , is this - "in times of chaos, there is opportunity".
So it may be that "they" are creating this unstable climate, and hence unstable nations and economies and fearfull individuals, and when the time is just right, they will move to the final push for domination of the planet. I don't know how much further they want to go with that, but slavery is in the viewfinder. Or maybe wiping out the muslims, the poor, general depopulation?

Whatever, I know that the one thing we need to do is to reduce the damage, and that means reducing fossil fuel useage and get alternatives going as much as possible as soon as possible. Just don't expect any help from my brother!!

Karlin

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

The solution is to quit dealing with countries who refuse to take climate change seriously. Instead of watering things down to please the US, they should have disinvited them from the meetings.

The G-8 countries are hilarious. They understand the problem well enough that they want to do something about it, but you wave a few dollars in front of their faces and they run for cover.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Re: Climate change: non-believers minds

Karlin said:
I Whatever, I know that the one thing we need to do is to reduce the damage, and that means reducing fossil fuel useage and get alternatives going as much as possible as soon as possible. Just don't expect any help from my brother!!

Karlin

To me, here lies the canundrum. A Kyoto supporting country should reduce production and sales of oil ect to none Kyoto or non-compliant Kyoto members (France for example).

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I think not said:
Speaking of climate change, hows that Kyoto thingy going in Canada? Anybody have any updates?

I'm not sure,but I was reading that the EU was accusing member nations of failing to properly implement E.U. environment laws. They named France, Italy, and Ireland as the worst offenders.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Ocean Breeze said:
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-ed-warm19jun19,0,6058043.story[/url]

bush out in the cold.

What about the other who signed onto Kyoto, but aren't complying or handing out fines?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Said1 said:
Ocean Breeze said:

bush out in the cold.

What about the other who signed onto Kyoto, but aren't complying or handing out fines?

don't know what measures are implimented (yet) to enforce this.

Does not seem to be enough pressure (yet) to truly engage in this.

Just like all things "politics".......takes forever to get anything really moving. :wink:

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Ocean Breeze said:
Said1 said:
Ocean Breeze said:

bush out in the cold.

don't know what measures are implimented (yet) to enforce this.

Does not seem to be enough pressure (yet) to truly engage in this.

Just like all things "politics".......takes forever to get anything really moving. :wink:

Fines. It's up to the leaders of member (EU) nations to impliment them. In the case of Ireland, they exceeded output quotas due to unexpected economic growth.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now