Are Weapons of Mass Destruction Being Planted in Iraq

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Are Weapons of Mass Destruction Being Planted in Iraq for Future "Discovery"

by Stan Moore
(Friday June 03 2005)

"Surely, Colin Powell would not do so, but he did. Surely Dick Cheney wouldn't deceive us, but he did. Surely Donald Rumsfeld wouldn't deceive us, but he did. Certainly Mr. Chalabi wouldn't deceive us, but he did."

We continue to hear hints from various official sources in Iraq, including elected Iraqi officials that some expect an eventual discovery of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. This might provide a sort of ex post facto "legitimacy" to the invasion of Iraq.

Of course, we know that American forces scrutinized Iraq with the most sensitive testing and detection equipment available for many months after the invasion. We know that Iraqi military and government officials were detained and remain detained for many months, perhaps subjected to coercive methods of information retrieval in order to determine the existence and the location of any such weapons. No weapons have been found, despite this intensive and very expensive and thorough effort.

Yet, the subtle reminders that some still expect possible discovery of such weapons in the indefinite future require healthy suspicion. Would it be possible that the American or the American-influenced elected officials of Iraq to fabricate paperwork, munitions, or other evidence of WPM's? Surely they wouldn't deceive us, would they, intentionally?

Surely, Colin Powell would not do so, but he did. Surely Dick Cheney wouldn't deceive us, but he did. Surely Donald Rumsfeld wouldn't deceive us, but he did. Certainly Mr. Chalabi wouldn't deceive us, but he did.

Don't be surprised if, within the next year or so, a fresh, new discovery hits the world's media outlets. A well-hidden, undetectable, long-suspected, and cleverly disguised WMD facility in the ladies lounge of the third palace of the second wife of the suspected, illegitimate son of Saddam Hussein. It was hard to find, but by golly, they did it! All the documentation will be found, the manufacturer information, the packing slips, the military orders for potential deployment, and even the burial certificate of the poor little Iraqi lady who accidentally was exposed to a lethal spill and had to be buried right under the palace in brutal secrecy.

This discovery may well occur when impeachment talk for George W. Bush becomes too loud to ignore.

http://world.mediamonitors.net/content/view/full/15429

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
re: WMD plant????

Would not be a surprise. If they can LIE about them....who says they would not plant them??? As the bush polls sink.....look for another "terror alert " code.....or something else that will keep the population in check. (as in controlled by the "fear " tactics so loosely employed now)

It is just a matter of coming up with the "right" spin/twist and someone to blame.

Starting to wonder if America was always like this or if it evolved into this new and "improved" bush America since he took office.

Sadly, as things appear now......there is no limit as to how far the US will go to get what it wants.....and that IMHO .....makes it the most dangerous nation on this planet. :evil:

What is really tragic, is that many Americans love this testosterone- in -your face image they have now. It seems to fullfill some basic neaderthal need .

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Starting to wonder if America was always like this or if it evolved into this new and "improved" bush America since he took office.

The Republicans were like this under Nixon (Watergate, secret bombings of Cambodia, backing the Pinochet regime in Chile etc). They were like this under Reagan (Iran-Contra, secret wars, telling lies to cover their asses...) and they were like this under the first Bush (lying about babies in incubators to gain allies in a war, the end of Iran-Contra...).

Bush has taken it farther than any of his predecessors, but there is a clear pattern of corruption, dishonesty, disdain for international law, and disrespect for human life within the Republican Party.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
The US did a lot of this before but not as severe. This is a main reason why they are hated so much in the Middle East. They always played their little games there. Putting a tyrant after removing another.

One question still bothers me since the election in Iraq is what happened to Allawi (prime minister puppet before the election installed by Bremer). Is he still in Iraq? Is he a retired Millionaire in the US or Europe? or is he dissolved since he knows too much. I have been searching for his whereabouts but can't find what I am looking for.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
First time I am called a rabi. They usually call me mogh. I have to be carefull with rabi so i don't become a Rabbi.

Thanks for the link.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Doen't tell where he is now. It shows his criminal past and present. He is as criminal as Saddam if not more.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Mogh: I think he is still involved with some aspect of the Iraqi "gov't". Suspect the US still has "use" for him.

Will see what else I can find.:)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Are Weapons of Mass D

He was elected wasn't he? Now part of the new, elected puppet regime instead of the old, unelected puppet regime.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Allawi's friends say that he plans to be a kind of secular opposition to the new religious-backed government. If things turn out as badly as he fears, he believes that his country eventually might turn to him to put things back together. You have to hope that Allawi is wrong, and that the new Iraq will find its own version of national unity. But it's reassuring to think that this decent man, who served his country bravely in a difficult time, will be around if he's needed.

This is from the Washington post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A33565-2005Feb17.html

Decent men do not execute people without a trial.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
On the issue of "decency"..... well, seems we all know that the US does not support "decent" people.(only expedient ones) We also, know that reporting in the US has changed and is toned to favor the USG.

Seems it is very important to keep in mind , that yesterday's "friend" to the US can quickly become a US 'enemy"

So how can anyone trust anything the US says or does????

The minute someone is no longer "useful" for the US, the US spins a eleborate /or simple falsification to justify a removal.......or now a war. Remember , the US actually supported SH ......when it was convenient. "friends" and relationships" with the US are transient at best ....fickle and can change in a whim.