Soaring birth deformities and child cancer rates in Iraq

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Iraqi doctors are making renewed efforts to bring to the world’s attention the growth in birth deformities and cancer rates among the country’s children. The medical crisis is being directly blamed on the widespread use of depleted uranium (DU) munitions by the US and British forces in southern Iraq during the 1991 Gulf War, and the even greater use of DU during the 2003 invasion.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2005/may2005/iraq-m10.shtml

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Do you realize the Italians sold Saddam over a million land mines? Where's the hate? Where's the anger?

Do you realize the Germans wanted to get Saddam back to having his nuclear facility before Israel destroyed it in 1981? Where's the hate? Where's the anger?

Do you realize that every 25k Saddam spent on a Palestinian family who had a son or daughter martyred as a suicide bomber begot more death immediately than this slow insidious evil depleted uranium? Where's the hate? Where's the anger?

America is going to pay the devil for that depleted uranium. The tidal wave is coming at us.

But I shudder to see the justice of the blindfolded.

Shudder.

Yep.

It's already come to a theatre near me.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
What are you yapping about your country will not sign the anti landmine treaty and you make some of the nastiest kinds :roll: Kind of calling the pot black is it not Jim? 8O

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
I mean this more sincerely than you know.

Pot calling the kettle black?

It takes one to know one.

Which is why I wonder about the better psychologists out there, so to speak.

And yes the US is not a signatory to the land mine treaty, but you will notice that some of the signatories to that treaty manufacture landmines for export.

Go figure.

Only the pot is able to call the kettle black.

Are we now shuffling slack jawed in the same direction?

But wait....

Is it possible the current moral outrage has some side blinders?

But you're right overall on that depleted uranium. We're going to pay the devil for that.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Soaring birth deformi

Jim, every time your country uses a depleted uranium munition you are committing a war crime. The problem in Iraq is horrendous. So is the problem in Kosovo. The effects are just starting to show up in Afghanistan.

Your own soldiers are experiencing increased cancer rates and their kids are being born deformed.

Just sit there and make excuses though. Whatever allows you to sleep at night. Of course the parents of those dying Iraqi kids likely don't sleep very well, but don't let that bother you.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"depleted uranium munition"

Since I don't spend my days bombing people I need to ask......why do they use depleted uranium munitions?
What is the avantage or how is it used?

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Re: RE: Soaring birth deformi

Reverend Blair said:
Just sit there and make excuses though. Whatever allows you to sleep at night. Of course the parents of those dying Iraqi kids likely don't sleep very well, but don't let that bother you.
Try reading what he's posting before commenting, B.

jimmoyer said:
But you're right overall on that depleted uranium. We're going to pay the devil for that.

As has been discussed previously, Canada supplies the DU used for the weapons. Somehow that's different though... we've got excuses for that that allows us to sleep at night, etc.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Yes we provide some of the material but we do not weaponise it.We leave that to the US :wink: The companys that sell that shit should be called out on the carpet :wink: We have sold the US a lot of raw uranium and polluted a lot of land digging the crap up :x

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
mrmom2 said:
Yes we provide some of the material but we do not weaponise it.We leave that to the US :wink: The companys that sell that shit should be called out on the carpet :wink: We have sold the US a lot of raw uranium and polluted a lot of land digging the crap up :x

It's big business mrmom, nobody is calling anybody on the carpet. Was that a double negative there?

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I meant the Canadian companys should be called out for what they have done :wink: ITN nobody in this counrty is aware of what they are doing if they were maybe something would be done about it

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
mrmom2 said:
I meant the Canadian companys should be called out for what they have done :wink: ITN nobody in this counrty is aware of what they are doing if they were maybe something would be done about it

Perhaps you misunderstood what I said. Whether anyone knows about it, government or the people, nothing is going to happen. It's big business, creates jobs etc....

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
mrmom2 said:
I would bet there's not that many jobs involved :x

Perhaps not, quite a bit of money to be made though. Hey mrmom, I got "The Corporation" DVD in today (I took Revs advice), have you seen it? I'm going to watch it....several times.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
A sales guy...someone to load the truck....customer service rep.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
i was under the impression that the du is a waste product of power-generating nuclear-reactors. is that right?

(by the way, kids watched the corporation last night...i will be watching tonight. said it was excellent).