America Evil?

alienofwar

Mar 2, 2005
--------- July 15, 2004

The Price of Freedom By: Bill O'Reilly for BillOReilly.com Thursday, Jul 15, 2004

A recent poll taken in Canada says that 40% of Canadian teenagers believe the United States is an "evil" country. Among French-Canadian teens, the number rises to 64%. This, of course, is hard to believe, and must be laid right on the doorstep of the often viciously anti-American Canadian press as well as irresponsible educators supposedly teaching Canadian kids about the world.

And all over the world, America is getting slaughtered in the arena of public opinion. Therefore, what can we expect from children? When government funded press agencies like the BBC and the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation portray America as the world's chief villain, there's little anyone can do to balance the picture. The Fox News Channel, for example, isn't even allowed in Canada. (Update: A few months ago CRTC has finally allowed the network to be broadcasted, although in a far obscure area on digital cable all the way back into the 100's. Funny thing is Al Jazeera was allowed into Canada long before Fox news)

So for the benefit of the Canadian kids, and, indeed, children all over the world, I am going to set the record straight right here in this column.

Let's start with an undeniable fact: The United States of America has set more people free than any other country in the history of mankind. We all know about World War II, but here's what's happened recently:

In Eastern Europe, the policies of Ronald Reagan led to the freeing of at least 122 million people from Soviet domination.

More than 48 million South Koreans remain free because of American protection.

Nearly 23 million Taiwanese remain free because of American protection.

The state of Israel and five and a half million Jews would be crushed by its enemies if not for American aid.

By removing the brutal regimes in Iraq and Afghanistan, America and Britain have given almost 50 million people at least a shot at some kind of self-determination. Also, the American-driven campaign against the butcher Milosovic in the Balkans saved the lives of hundreds of thousands of people, most of them Muslims.

America is sending $3 billion a year to Africa to combat the AIDS epidemic. By comparison Canada is sending $270 million, France a paltry $60 million. (Also, the U.S has contributed the most funds to fight the genocide in Sudan)

And those countries have the nerve to portray America as a villain? How many human beings has France freed over the past 60 years? The same question can be asked of Canada. Yes, those nations have helped the USA on occasion, but they are drifting away from reality now.

It's not only Canadians and the French who are misguided about the USA; there's also a fifth column in America itself. The "anarchists" are hoping to disrupt the Republican convention in New York City. Police believe they will use violent means to do so.

And the verbal violence on display daily by partisan fanatics is growing more despicable by the moment. Michael Moore and his acolytes hide behind the "dissent" label, but they are not dissenters, they're destroyers. Moore has been quoted as saying capitalism is "diabolical," even as he trucks his millions to the bank. By the way, did you know that associates of Hezbollah want to help distribute Moore's movie in the Middle East? What does that tell you? (Also, judging from Osama Bin Ladens speech before the 2004 election, many of Moore's quotes from the movie have been used as reference by the terrorist leader)

The truth is that America is a great country striving to protect itself in an ungrateful and dangerous world. We, the people, have sacrificed blood and money so others could have a chance in life. Yet many teenagers in Canada are convinced we are an evil nation. The powers-that-be in Canada should be ashamed that their young people are so ignorant but I know they are not. Ignorance, you see, is most often a contagious disease. ---------

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2004/mediaoreilly.htm

NickFun

Electoral Member
I am from the US and the perception of school kids in not entirely off base. We are engaging in a war that didn't need to be thus resulting in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people. Countless more lie wounded and the number of grieving is beyond measure. Our "protection" of those countries is actually our wish to dominate those countries. Because we have spent so much on the war our financial committment to tsunami relief has been negligible. George W. Bush is an outspoken opponent of stem cell research and his policies toward the poor and elderly are laughable. It seems the US is geared more toward special interests than toward the well being of its people. Of course, the US is donating more than Canada. We have 300 million people. We have a 3 trillion dollar budget. I'll bet you Canada is actually donating more than the US per capita.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
alienofwar please don't make us read bill o'reilly, we already got one of those here, they call him mr.hair and he is 45. bill O'reilly is the re-incarnation of Joe McCarthy, but I guess you think he was a fine american citizen to. Actually I really think perry como was a fine american citzen when he told him and his comittee...to go **** themselves, when called to testify.

Next you will be telling us the national inquiry is the gospel.

Judland

Electoral Member
The truth is that America is a great country striving to protect itself in an ungrateful and dangerous world. We, the people, have sacrificed blood and money so others could have a chance in life. Yet many teenagers in Canada are convinced we are an evil nation. The powers-that-be in Canada should be ashamed that their young people are so ignorant but I know they are not. Ignorance, you see, is most often a contagious disease. ---------

And I suppose, "resistance is futile," huh?

jamie

Electoral Member
Oct 22, 2004
the wang
Alien of War, people hear what they want to hear. It's en vogue to trash U.S> Americans, regardless of wether there is basis for the complete biased bigotry some parts of the world show the U.S.
It's no surprise that Canadian children are so brainwashed. A recent study done by Canadians, showed that there are inaccuracies in textbooks ,blatant lies, biased remarks, and the typical-predictable Anti-American rhetoric commonplace today.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
And you do not speak for half your country alienofwar, your trick is that of the raven...also very obvious. You come here saying we hate americans and their country, and you know we are talking about their government and policy and those in power. Lots of people at this board can name great americans that we admire and contributed to society...so maybe you should try using those lynching tatics down south..

ElPolaco

Electoral Member
Nov 5, 2004
Fruita, CO, Aztlan
www.spec-tra.com
Re: RE: America Evil?

jamie said:
Alien of War, people hear what they want to hear. It's en vogue to trash U.S> Americans, regardless of wether there is basis for the complete biased bigotry some parts of the world show the U.S.
It's no surprise that Canadian children are so brainwashed. A recent study done by Canadians, showed that there are inaccuracies in textbooks ,blatant lies, biased remarks, and the typical-predictable Anti-American rhetoric commonplace today.

You obviously haven't read many american history texts lately?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Brainwashed? No,it's just that we use our brains for their intended purposes,and for the record,not only teens think your leadership is evil personified.

jamie

Electoral Member
Oct 22, 2004
the wang
Most people on this board speak highly of others who share their views/opinions and persecute those who don't.
Maybe I'll try to find the article later, discussing the research done, but yeah- it is brainwashing by definition.

Having your head up your ass isn't it's intended purpose.

Wolfgang336

Mar 2, 2005
America is getting slaughtered in the arena of public opinion.

Has anybody down south actually asked themselves why that is?

I'm a teenager, and I gotta tell you, I don't think America is evil... I have American friends! Republican friends!! I do however, think that the Bush admin is grossly ignorant of the damage they can do, and have done. Remember, it's our [kid's] world to inherit, American, Canadian or Iraqi. We get to have a voice on how it's run now, so that it isn't a mess when we get to the point when we're the leaders.

BTW: Nobody wants to watch Fox anyways....

Evan

alienofwar

Mar 2, 2005
Well if you do the math, the U.S is sending about $10.70 for every person and Canada is sending about $9.00 for every person.

Now lets hope to God that the Canadian figure is in U.S dollars, lol.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Let's do the math on much foreign aid you send, Alien. 1.6% of GDP. That's the lowest of developed nations. Not to mention that you inflict much of the need for aid with your criminal wars and your brutal trade practices.

shamus11

Electoral Member

Where Are We Going on this Continent?

By

James Bredin

Why not a formal customs union together?
We have so much in common including the weather,
And it’s a toss up whose politicians are worse,
Which idiot will speak first or last or even curse?

The right and the left on both sides have their friends,
Waiting to see what their own party recommends,
Trying to breathe fire and draw attention to themselves,
With time worn ideas they found on old shelves.

Media, unions and bureaucrats have agenda,
Pumped out of course in their status quo propaganda,
Pompous politicians scream sovereignty and stall,
What they really mean is they want no changes at all.

It’s just that they want to stay in Ottawa for life,
With their friends and companions enjoying the highlife,
We need a spokesperson for this continent of ours,
Disregard the screamers protecting their powers.

We need a visionary to lead us out of this mess,
As politics of protectionism puts us in distress,
Someone not blind who can see the way out,
Because where we’re going we can do without.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Click here for information on Scarborough

merryclaire

Electoral Member
Feb 1, 2005
george w bush is the personification of an antisocial personality disorder. we used to call them psychopaths and then sociopaths.
now they are called antisocial personality disorder ppl, and that's what he is.
it is a person with no conscience. a person who is only motivated by what is best and good for themselves.
a person who can commit atrocities and not even blink an eye, because the outcome favored themselves.
contrary to popular belief, APD is not made up of serial killers. they are common as thieves in the business and political world. it is where they dominate.
not only do i think george-baby is APD, i also think he is as stupid as mud, but i will admit cunning like a weasel.
it is absolutey beyond me how he became your leader once, let alone twice.
if you want to talk about brainwashing, look to your own leaders. propaganda really does pay off.
ask george, even he knows that much.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The US gives and gives and gives and we are always told we do not give enough.

Here is an idea... How about if the US just stops giving?

We are scorned but people still have their hand out. I remember one Canadian on the old CBC Boards saying that the money in the US belongs to the world and not the US Taxpayer. That is what some people think.

"That money is the world's money and not the US Taxpayers. It belongs to everyone."

So PAY UP AMERICA... WE HATE YOU BUT DIG DEEP INTO THOSE POCKETS AND GIVE US THE MONEY!

A man hands a kid an orange... the kid looks at it and hands it back and says...

"Peel it"

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Re: RE: America Evil?

merryclaire said:
george w bush is the personification of an antisocial personality disorder. we used to call them psychopaths and then sociopaths.
now they are called antisocial personality disorder ppl, and that's what he is.
it is a person with no conscience. a person who is only motivated by what is best and good for themselves.
a person who can commit atrocities and not even blink an eye, because the outcome favored themselves.
contrary to popular belief, APD is not made up of serial killers. they are common as thieves in the business and political world. it is where they dominate.
not only do i think george-baby is APD, i also think he is as stupid as mud, but i will admit cunning like a weasel.
it is absolutey beyond me how he became your leader once, let alone twice.
if you want to talk about brainwashing, look to your own leaders. propaganda really does pay off.
ask george, even he knows that much.

Oh really... where did you get your degree Doc?