We Can Liberate Ourselves Thank You!

remrem

Sep 22, 2004
Check out my new blog and new writings at www.poeticinjustice.net

We Can Liberate Ourselves Thank You!

Have you ever taken a picture with friends when you’re out on the town and when you get the pictures developed there’s some idiot in the background intentionally trying to sabotage the memory? Kind of like the annoying guy who always gives his input when nobody asked him. Well I'm easily describing America in the heated aftermath of the assassination of Rafik Al-Hariri. It bewilders the mind why America won’t just shut up. As if snuggling up to people who can’t stand the sight of you is going to make things better. And using the pain of the Lebanese people and Hariri’s family, as a ploy to drive your personal agenda against Syria is sickening, while admittedly expected. Some Europeans are in the same boat, many with close ties with Hariri, a billionaire in a country that has a GDP that can’t afford millionaires.

And America just doesn’t get it. Rather than being a concerned democracy or a “friend in need,” they are acting like the big brother that just watched his little brother get punched in the face by the school bully. Contrary to popular belief, meddling into Lebanese affairs isn’t best for all those involved. . The will of the Lebanese people will come through, and supporting their will can produce positive results.

While stuck on the track of inflicting liberation on the Iraqi people, George Bush thinks he can come in and set up a new road map for the Middle East, quiet similar to the last road map I’m sure. But Bush forgets one useful point, the only people Arabs hate more than each other, is Americans. This “good will” on the part of the Bush administration is not only fake but can easily backfire. Like the pro-Western population of Iran, don’t ruin a good thing. The Lebanese people are already furious, many are demanding change, and they don’t need another U.N. resolution to tell them how they feel. People can only solve a problem if they make an effort to solve that problem, and getting a moral taste test from a guy without a tongue isn’t reassuring. So from one more person who has relatives in Lebanon, America, please, mind your own damn business.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: We Can Liberate Ourse

It's not all Americans though, El Polaco. That's the thing that really bugs me about what is happening in your country right now. Most of the world knows better, a good portion of your country knows better in spite of the lack of real news in the mainstream media. Yet the power structure is such that it doesn't really matter.

remrem

Sep 22, 2004

I'm not a hater. My parents lived in Lebanon for 30 years. I that is selfish for Americans to aggressively get into Lebanese affairs while trying to "build the case" against Syria. Unfortunately we don't know for a fact whether Syria is behind the assassination of Hariri or the bombing in Tel Aviv. But rather than making this an international conflict, I think it's better suited a Lebanese affair. The Lebanese, many of my relatives included, have taken to the streets in Lebanon to peacefully kick out the Syrians. I think we need to sit back, give them a chance, and try and be helpful, rather fuel the fire for armed conflict. The last thing the Lebanese need right now is an armed conflict

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Imperialism always leads to armed conflict though and when the US and George Bush get involved (and they seem to be claiming complete credit for the demonstrations) you are dealing with an inherent imperialism.

That's what got Lebanon (and the rest of the Middle East) into this mess in the first place.

Is the western/northern world even capable of helping in situations like this without interfering politically?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Right... Muslims are peace loving gentle people. They never fought against or massacred each other.

THE U.S DID IT!
BLAME BUSH!
BLAME AMERICA!

Let peaceful demonstrations rule the day! Syria will bow down to that... just ask the Chinese demonstr... oooops!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
uh huh you keep trying to sell your bedtime story...and half your country does not agree with you...remember that!!! you do not speak for your entire country. And yes we do blame bush and his government, but not the american people at least half of them have common sense. Don't sweat it to much...history will show us the truth, it always does.

fubbleskag

noYOUshutup
Sep 10, 2004
Indiana, IN
www.speedofwood.com
Re: RE: We Can Liberate Ourselves Thank You!

EagleSmack said:
Right... Muslims are peace loving gentle people. They never fought against or massacred each other
pot/kettle. may i direct your attention to the travesties that christianity has plagued the world with?

and before you're all "i'm not a christian" in response the majority of your country is - and there's a concerted relation between christianity and red votes.

i'm not saying, i'm just saying.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Half a million people on the streets of Lebanon today protesting against George Bush. Many of them don't want the Syrians to stay, many don't care if the Syrians stay or not, many want the Syrians to stick around. They all agree on one thing though...they don't want George Bush messing up their country.

So much for George Bush's claims that had anything at all to do with this.