BUSTER BUSTED

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsocanadian

Feb 17, 2005
Canada
alsocanadian.blogspot.com

Ok, so spongebob is asexual, but Tinky-Winky is a flamer!
I know the guy who created him. He's not too gay, but his boyfriend...

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I didn't even know that Sponges had bums.
hahahahhahahhahha that was so funny, what next?? how low can you get vilifing cartoon characters. :roll:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Spongebod MUST have a bum. He wears pants....square pants.....

I saw the episode where He and Patrick got hooked on hooks. and he was running with a hook in his pants and he ran into Crusty Crab's restaurant where the hook snapped his pants off and they showed his wee bottom.....

oh it was funny.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Here is the story...you don't know if you should laugh your head off or cry from the total ignorance. I am glad I am not a pineapple living under the sea :p

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Conservative Christian groups accuse the makers of a video starring SpongeBob SquarePants, Barney and a host of other cartoon characters of promoting homosexuality to children.

The wacky square yellow SpongeBob is one of the stars of a music video due to be sent to 61,000 U.S. schools in March. The makers -- the nonprofit We Are Family Foundation -- say the video is designed to encourage tolerance and diversity.

But at least two Christian activist groups say the innocent cartoon characters are being exploited to promote the acceptance of homosexuality.

"A short step beneath the surface reveals that one of the differences being celebrated is homosexuality," wrote Ed Vitagliano in an article for the American Family Association.

The video is a remake of the 1979 hit song "We Are Family" using the voices and images of SpongeBob, Barney, Winnie the Pooh, Bob the Builder, the Rugrats and other TV cartoon characters. It was made by a foundation set up by songwriter Nile Rodgers after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, in an effort to promote healing.

Christian groups however have taken exception to the tolerance pledge on the foundation's Web site, which asks people to respect the sexual identity of others along with their abilities, beliefs, culture and race.

"Their inclusion of the reference to 'sexual identity" within their 'tolerance pledge' is not only unnecessary, but it crosses a moral line," James Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family, said in a statement released Thursday.

Rodgers said he was astounded by the attack.

"That is so myopic and harsh," he told Reuters. "You have really got to look hard to find anything in this that is offensive to anyone. The last thing I am going to do is taint these characters."

Dobson was quoted by the New York Times on Thursday as having singled out the wildly popular SpongeBob during remarks about the video at dinner this week in Washington, D.C.

SpongeBob, who lives in a pineapple under the sea, was "outed" by the U.S. media in 2002 after reports that the TV show and its merchandise are popular with gays. His creator, Stephen Hillenburg, said at the time that though SpongeBob was an oddball, he thought of all the characters in the show as asexual.

It is not the first time that children's TV favorites have come under the critical spotlight of the Christian right. In 1999, the Rev. Jerry Falwell described Tinky Winky, the purse-toting purple Teletubbie, as a gay role model.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
How does one "promote homosexuality" in children? They are children........their not even looking at the opposite sex as the opposite sex yet.

They are so concerned with kids wellbeing that they feel the need to put homosexual activity awareness to the forefront of children minds? How is that "protecting' them?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'm still trying to figure out how a sponge and a starfish holding hands means their gay? My friends and I held hands when we were little (we also skipped) does that mean I"m actually gay and repressing it?

What about little boys that play with dolls..ehm..action figures...does this mean they're gay too?

If the majority of kids hold hands and play with dolls (or whatever you want to call them) and it means they're gay then by that statement the majority of people are gay and it's hetero's who are the minority. IF the majority of a population does something it's considered the "norm" so.......hetero's are not the norm.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
You actually make sense twila 8)

So is bugs bunny a cross dresser than????? come on we all seen him do it??? how about woody woodpecker...come on with a name like that we know what he is :wink:

Geoffrey: "Never mind Roger, let sing the plucking song, come on

everybody get your instruments out."

Rod (to Jane): "Do you want to blow on my pipe while I'm twanging away?"

Jane: "Oh no Rod, I was blowing a lot with Roger last night. But would you

like to play with my maracas?"

bigman222

Mar 26, 2005
Maine
Gonzo said:
Spongebob is supposed to be gay too, according to the radical right. I didn't even know that Sponges had bums. 8O[/quote

ok listen sponge bob was never supposed to be gay its just a rumor people always try to find something bad about every little cartoon :wink:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
ok listen sponge bob was never supposed to be gay its just a rumor people always try to find something bad about every little cartoon

I think you're right. They're all just jealous of his success and are trying to bring him down. The weasels!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Ode to Sponge Bob

Are your sponges gay too?

Thanks to the righteous right,I now am aware,
of the intent of the sponges that have been in my care!

Use a Loofah on your baby,as there,strong,abrasive and straight,
while sponges are soft, pliable and can change your kids fate!

Its no wonder that there's so many queers,homos and gays,
go look and see ,how many "different" sponges are on display!

Thanks to the religious,thanks to the right,
I'm now aware ,of this unwholesome plight !

Quick, burn those yellow sponges ,right away,
it could be today ,that your kids decides to be gay!

Think of the children ,who've not yet decided,
whether to be straight ,or may like to be derided!

We don't want our kids hated, laughed at or hurt,
because there's gay sponges with agendas that flirt!

So thanks for reporting ,what sponges can do,
especially if named Bob, they can harm quite a few!

Evil is among us ,as we now see
thanks to the vast, left wing ,gay ,conspiracy !

Oh shame on those sponges,shame on them all,
shame on the leftist queers for making the righteous fall !

Right now there named Bob, but that's not all,
what if a sponge named Barbara appears in the fall?

Little girls might change too, as the boys obviously did,
if a sponge comes near them ,and its agenda was hid!

So give your kids strong love ,and not a sissy sponge
clean them with loofahs ,and at gays they will lunge !

Stand up America and get rid of those sponges,
you know the ones,with leftists political grudges !

Now there named Bob ,and there yellow,
but don't be fooled ,don't be mellow!

Just like you decided one day to be straight,
I'm sure you remember the time and the date?

Act right now ,and take care of your kids today,
or they might decide ,after using a sponge, to be gay!

So please,please educate them about your fear,
of sponges named Bob ,who can make them queer!

crit13

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
How does one "promote homosexuality" in children? They are children........their not even looking at the opposite sex as the opposite sex yet.

They are so concerned with kids wellbeing that they feel the need to put homosexual activity awareness to the forefront of children minds? How is that "protecting' them?

Good question but here's another one. They are children......their not even looking at the opposite sex as the opposite sex. So why is it so importnant to make them aware that there are homosexuals?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
So that when one of their friends turns out to have two mothers they don't beat the kid to death for being different.

It isn't about the sex, crit...it's about teaching kids to be tolerant of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.