House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Key points
• Bush vows to help spread liberty around the world in inauguration address
• Bush vows regimes who oppress their people will no longer be tolerated
• Bush address fails to convince allies of more multilateralist approach

Key quote
"We are led, by events and commonsense, to one conclusion: the survival of liberty in our land increasingly depends on the success of liberty in other lands" - President Bush

Story in full GEORGE Bush yesterday used his second inauguration as United States president to promise to bring the "untamed fire of freedom to the darkest corners of the world" and raise the prospect of a new US effort to topple oppressive regimes the world over.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=73652005

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Key points

Key quote
"We are led, by events and commonsense, to one conclusion: the survival of liberty in our land increasingly depends on the success of liberty in other lands" - President Bush

Story in full GEORGE Bush yesterday used his second inauguration as United States president to promise to bring the "untamed fire of freedom to the darkest corners of the world" and raise the prospect of a new US effort to topple oppressive regimes the world over.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Key points

Key quote

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
RE: A shiver runs round the world as Bush bangs the drum for

He talks as if he owns this world. Or maybe God is still talking to him. Maybe he is talking to himself believing he is God.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

He talks as if he owns this world. Or maybe God is still talking to him. Maybe he is talking to himself believing he is God.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Re: A shiver runs round the world as Bush bangs the drum for

What I found very interesting was that Bush spent no time talking about domestic issues.

The American economy is goin' down the tubes and he can only show how "strong" America is by threatening other nations.
All he talked about was "strength" and not facts!

During the Rice hearings, a senator called the American situation in the world as "disasterous". That is a pretty hard hitting statement.

Another senator spoke about what would happen if oil began to sell for Euro's and not the greenback.

Another senator mentioned Venezuela and how they were signing oil export deals with everyone but the U.S..
That the U.S. has nothing against the Venezuelean people, just their leader.
The leader of Venezuela was just elected in a democratic election. The U.S. tried to form a coup, but failed.
Now .... they are calling this leader "unworthy" and that his policies can not be allowed to continue.

All Bush spoke about was how "Strong" America was when in fact the stench of failure is overwhelming.
Americans are gonna need some bullet proof deodorant!

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto

What I found very interesting was that Bush spent no time talking about domestic issues.

The American economy is goin' down the tubes and he can only show how "strong" America is by threatening other nations.

During the Rice hearings, a senator called the American situation in the world as "disasterous". That is a pretty hard hitting statement.

Another senator spoke about what would happen if oil began to sell for Euro's and not the greenback.

Another senator mentioned Venezuela and how they were signing oil export deals with everyone but the U.S..
The leader of Venezuela was just elected in a democratic election. The U.S. tried to form a coup, but failed.
Now .... they are calling this leader "unworthy" and that his policies can not be allowed to continue.

All Bush spoke about was how "Strong" America was when in fact the stench of failure is overwhelming.

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto

Calm

NSA

Nominee Member
Jan 20, 2005
Guelph, Ontario

My first post here...

GWB cannot afford to talk about domestic issues. His aggressive foreign policy is partly a smokescreen to distract from his admin's disastrous gutting and reshaping of American domestic affairs. Talking about the strong economy (that isn't) would be really stupid right now.

NSA

Nominee Member
Jan 20, 2005
Guelph, Ontario

My first post here...

GWB cannot afford to talk about domestic issues. His aggressive foreign policy is partly a smokescreen to distract from his admin's disastrous gutting and reshaping of American domestic affairs. Talking about the strong economy (that isn't) would be really stupid right now.

NSA

Nominee Member
Jan 20, 2005
Guelph, Ontario

My first post here...

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto

Hi! NSA

Nice meeting you.

Bush and The Boys are all sounding like those "strong-effective" deodorant commercials we see on TV.

I thought that people along the parade route were gonna stand there with their pockets turned inside out and not just turn their backs to him.

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto

Hi! NSA

Nice meeting you.

Bush and The Boys are all sounding like those "strong-effective" deodorant commercials we see on TV.

I thought that people along the parade route were gonna stand there with their pockets turned inside out and not just turn their backs to him.

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto

Hi! NSA

Nice meeting you.

Calm

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Well at least he is giving Iran, Syria and whoever notice to start building more weapons as the Americans are coming. Bush basically said as much.

I thought it was a pretty aggressive ignorant speech. More fear mongering.

Well unemployment in US was 4% when Clinton left, not 5.4% under "W".

Clinton left with a 200 billion surplus now there is a monstrous (413b)deficit.

The US dollar was worth 15% more when Clinton left office.

"W's"approval rating is 49% (at an inaguration) the lowest of any recent 2 term president.

Massive job loss due to his rich business buddies outsourcing manufacturing jobs. Hell Levis are not even made in America anymore.

So how is "W" going to improve things?
He has no plans but more invasions. Just wait in four more years to see "how good" things will be in America if "W" keeps doing what he does.

He is just interested in war and world domination instead of fixing the problems at home.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Well at least he is giving Iran, Syria and whoever notice to start building more weapons as the Americans are coming. Bush basically said as much.

"W's"approval rating is 49% (at an inaguration) the lowest of any recent 2 term president.

Massive job loss due to his rich business buddies outsourcing manufacturing jobs. Hell Levis are not even made in America anymore.

He has no plans but more invasions. Just wait in four more years to see "how good" things will be in America if "W" keeps doing what he does.

He is just interested in war and world domination instead of fixing the problems at home.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Pycrete

Jan 4, 2005
Ontario, Canada

what i really love is the way that the chaos in the US is changing things here in CA. The place i work used to get paid by American corps in American dollars. Now because of the huge fluctuations in value, their last contract was done in CA dollars. Sniff... makes me so proud.

Pycrete

Jan 4, 2005
Ontario, Canada

what i really love is the way that the chaos in the US is changing things here in CA. The place i work used to get paid by American corps in American dollars. Now because of the huge fluctuations in value, their last contract was done in CA dollars. Sniff... makes me so proud.