Iraq War Cost $102 Billion Through September, Pentagon Says

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Jan. 13 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. spent $102 billion through Sept. 30 on the invasion and occupation of Iraq, with costs averaging $4.8 billion a month, the Pentagon comptroller's office said today.

The Pentagon spent $3.1 billion in September, the smallest amount since the $2.7 billion spent in November 2003, according to the comptroller. Bush administration officials in February may seek as much as $70 billion in additional Iraq funding in a request separate from the fiscal 2006 defense budget.

The $102 billion covers the period starting with the initial deployment of troops in the late fall and winter of 2002. The U.S. this month raised troop levels in Iraq to 150,000 from 138,000 to provide additional security for the Jan. 30 Iraqi national election and compensate for delays in training a new Iraqi security force.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000087&sid=asC2oZAGbhZE&refer=top_world_news#

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Jan. 13 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. spent $102 billion through Sept. 30 on the invasion and occupation of Iraq, with costs averaging $4.8 billion a month, the Pentagon comptroller's office said today.

The Pentagon spent $3.1 billion in September, the smallest amount since the $2.7 billion spent in November 2003, according to the comptroller. Bush administration officials in February may seek as much as $70 billion in additional Iraq funding in a request separate from the fiscal 2006 defense budget.

The $102 billion covers the period starting with the initial deployment of troops in the late fall and winter of 2002. The U.S. this month raised troop levels in Iraq to 150,000 from 138,000 to provide additional security for the Jan. 30 Iraqi national election and compensate for delays in training a new Iraqi security force.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000087&sid=asC2oZAGbhZE&refer=top_world_news#

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

passpatoo

Electoral Member
Aug 29, 2004
Algoma
RE: Iraq War Cost $102 Billion Through September, Pentagon S

Anytime I see numbers such as these, I can't help but wonder what we humans could be capable of if we had put the same money (and effort) into feeding hungry people, medicine and health care, education, scientific research (benign), alternative energy etc.

passpatoo

Electoral Member
Aug 29, 2004
Algoma

Anytime I see numbers such as these, I can't help but wonder what we humans could be capable of if we had put the same money (and effort) into feeding hungry people, medicine and health care, education, scientific research (benign), alternative energy etc.

passpatoo

Electoral Member
Aug 29, 2004
Algoma