Israel to flatten 3,000 Palestinian homes;

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
The Israeli army has put in a request to the legal advisor of the government to give the approval for the digging of a wide canal beneath what is known as the "Philadelphia axis" down to the southern section of Rafah in the Gaza Strip.

The Israeli army believes the plan will thwart Palestinian "tunnel attacks". If the plan is approved it will entail the flattening of 3,000 Palestinian homes.

http://www.aljazeera.com/me.asp?service_ID=6605

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
The Israeli army has put in a request to the legal advisor of the government to give the approval for the digging of a wide canal beneath what is known as the "Philadelphia axis" down to the southern section of Rafah in the Gaza Strip.

The Israeli army believes the plan will thwart Palestinian "tunnel attacks". If the plan is approved it will entail the flattening of 3,000 Palestinian homes.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Israel to flatten 3,0

And they'll act all surprised when the Palestinians fire homemade rockets at them while they're digging the canal.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

And they'll act all surprised when the Palestinians fire homemade rockets at them while they're digging the canal.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Of course. Also today israel complained to the Russians and asked them to stop selling the Syrians some kind of rockets. Why is Israel allowed to buy or (take) from the US any kind of arms to kill innocents and Syria can not have Russian made no-good-for-nothing rockets?

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Of course. Also today israel complained to the Russians and asked them to stop selling the Syrians some kind of rockets. Why is Israel allowed to buy or (take) from the US any kind of arms to kill innocents and Syria can not have Russian made no-good-for-nothing rockets?

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

We seem to be heading back to the old US vs Russia paradigm. What we're seeing in the Middle East now is looking a lot like what was going on when I was growing up...manoeuvering for position on that oil.

The roles might be a little reversed though...instead of the USSR having bases in Cuba and trying to influence South America we have the US with bases in the "stan" countries now.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

We seem to be heading back to the old US vs Russia paradigm. What we're seeing in the Middle East now is looking a lot like what was going on when I was growing up...manoeuvering for position on that oil.

The roles might be a little reversed though...instead of the USSR having bases in Cuba and trying to influence South America we have the US with bases in the "stan" countries now.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg