Palestinian fighter buried alive

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
If you can't see the point then there is no need to show it to you. You either see or you don't.

grimy

Apr 11, 2004
Then I guess, under the circumstances there is no need to explain anything to anybody.

You post a portion of an article with the appropriate link and what?

Becuase I ask the point I don't deserve the statement you're making even though you neglect to make one.

In other words, when you post a portion plus the accompanying link without a statement, you assume the rest of us have to complete your assumption for you. Is that correct?

Failing that, is it your intention to have someone/somemany form your opinion for you?

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
You have been not happy with my postings and been trying to attack me. No one forms my opinion for me. It is something in the news with a link for anyone to read. Is this against the law or is this a new law by Bush.

grimy

Apr 11, 2004
You have been not happy with my postings and been trying to attack me.
I have? Perhaps you'll be kind enough to show us where I've done that.

It is something in the news with a link for anyone to read.
Ahhh, then one must assume you have no opinion of your own, would that be correct? Or do you just wait to see which way the wind blows prior to offering your own informed opinion?

Is this against the law or is this a new law by Bush
More to the point, is this just another method of a lefty with not much to say hiding behind a link and being a 'fair weather friend'?

Which are you?

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
I never went to school in order to learn how to post or participate in a forum or bulletin board.
So, I'm not familiar with board etiquette.

But, I always post links to stories. Lots of times I just post a link without comment. Sometimes, I post a link which might add to the reading material that another person posted.

Lots of people call it "Copy-Paste". As if it was a childish thing to be doing.
A city newspaper is mostly just copy-paste from Reuters or other reputable sources. Very little of the Toronto Star is original content or commentary. It's just all cut-paste from elsewhere.

I just think that Moghrabi was sharing information with the rest of us. That is how I look at it. In one sense, I already know how he views the situation in Palestine, so, it was not necessary for Moghrabi to comment. If someone were to reply with a comment, then of course we expect Moghrabi to acknowledge the reply.
I don't think it necessary to explain a story if the story itself just concerns an incident or a news item from world events. The story that Moghrabi posted required no explanation.

When I visit these forums, it is just like opening my local town newspaper. I flip through the pages and if a story interests me, I comment. If not .... I turn the page.

I'd like to know .... now that Grimy mentions it .... is it candy-ass to post links to news stories which others might find interesting? Is it only okay if a person comments on the story and posts a link?
I'm quite serious as I ask this.

Calm

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Paranoid Dot Calm said:
I never went to school in order to learn how to post or participate in a forum or bulletin board.
So, I'm not familiar with board etiquette.

But, I always post links to stories. Lots of times I just post a link without comment. Sometimes, I post a link which might add to the reading material that another person posted.

Lots of people call it "Copy-Paste". As if it was a childish thing to be doing.
A city newspaper is mostly just copy-paste from Reuters or other reputable sources. Very little of the Toronto Star is original content or commentary. It's just all cut-paste from elsewhere.

I just think that Moghrabi was sharing information with the rest of us. That is how I look at it. In one sense, I already know how he views the situation in Palestine, so, it was not necessary for Moghrabi to comment. If someone were to reply with a comment, then of course we expect Moghrabi to acknowledge the reply.
I don't think it necessary to explain a story if the story itself just concerns an incident or a news item from world events. The story that Moghrabi posted required no explanation.

When I visit these forums, it is just like opening my local town newspaper. I flip through the pages and if a story interests me, I comment. If not .... I turn the page.

I'd like to know .... now that Grimy mentions it .... is it candy-ass to post links to news stories which others might find interesting? Is it only okay if a person comments on the story and posts a link?
I'm quite serious as I ask this.

Calm

Thanks Calm,

Really it depends on your style and on the story. I felt this story was worth mentioning. Most of the time I post the story and the we can all discuss it. I have never waited on a story to see how the wind blows. People on this forum knows exactly where I stand on the Iraqi war and the Palestine issue. I aggressively defend my position. I always concede when I make a mistake. All my posts are witness to this.

Grimy here called me a leftist so he is not happy with me and this is the way the right always act. Insult your opponent.

But this is a forum and you have to deal with people who don't like your stance on things.

Merry Christmas

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Palestinian fighter b

There is nothing wrong with the posts Moghrabi puts up, Grimy. He is trying to inform and open discussion, he is not breaking copyright laws which is why he uses links, and he is always willing to discuss his point of view.

I think the larger question is why you are discussing Moghrabi's posting habits rather than the content of what he has posted.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Thank you Rev. I am more than willing to discuss any topic at any time. I thought the article above is self-explanatory. If Grimy wants to discuss the content, he is welcome.