Semites and anti-Semites, that is the question

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
There is much misunderstanding about the term "anti-Semitism" among Jews, Arabs, and European Christians. The term is bandied about as a description of attitudes deemed anti-Jewish, and on occasion anti-Arab, but much of its use is anachronistic and ahistorical. While Zionists and their supporters have been using the charge of anti-Semitism against any and all who oppose Israel and its policies, especially, although not exclusively, in the Arab World, Arabs have taken offense countering that they are "Semites" and therefore by definition cannot be "anti-Semitic". What are the merits of such arguments?

Cont......
http://mparent7777.blog-city.com/read/957241.htm

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Thank you. You see, rick. I am not as crazy or stubborn as you might think. I think we like the way we duel in here. Very healthy.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
ya right. I think you are calling me all sorts of names. This crazy Arab who wouldn't quit. heh????

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
If I hated catholics would that not still make me a catholic hater even though I'm catholic?

Or if I hated Canada and all canadians then I'd still be anti-canadian even if I was canadian, no? (pssst, I don't hate groups of people based on this sort of generallization. I can't think of a group of anything I dislike...except maybe.......sardines. I don't like sardines. As a matter of fact I hate all sardines, whether I know/taste them in person or not.Kay, I'll admit it. I'm anti sardine Damnit!)

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
I'm an Anti-Sardine hater

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
So you dislike all anti-sardine people then?

I'm speechless....at least close to speechless. I'm almost speechless. Probably a more apt description of my current state. This doesn't happen to me often.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I am with twila, I don't care for sardine people myself, there is something fishy about them, I never knew you were an arab moghrabi 8O

I am with twila, I don't care for sardine people myself, there is something fishy about them, I never knew you were an arab moghrabi 8O

did I write that twice 8O my oh my!!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Only in the winter time ricky, there is nothing else to do but go weird, actually it can be lots of fun, I think you would fit in nicely with your egg salad and gouda cheese for breakfast...la te da la te da...where was I? oh ya...oops lost it again..okay gonna go chase that thought down. brb.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Well we certainly destroyed the seriousness of this thread in less then 30 mins!

I apologize for that (since I started it) but in my defense......it wasn't my fault.

It was the sardines. It's always their fault. Filthy pilchards!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I am 2nd generation Canadian.

I am Canadian. Of the Irish/Scottish/Norwegian extraction.
White in the winter, brown in the summer.

I am also 100% anti-normal.