U.S. caught in Kabul

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Sun, December 12, 2004

U.S. caught in Kabul

By Eric Margolis

Excellent news from Afghanistan. A new president, chosen in the country's first democratic election, has just been sworn in.

He pledges to extend democracy across Afghanistan, liberate and educate all women, and wipe out "the last remnants of Islamic terrorism" impeding economic and social development. Foreign troops supporting the Kabul government will remain only until security is assured and terrorism eliminated.

But this was not Kabul, Dec. 7, 2004, where the U.S.-installed regime of Hamid Karzai was inaugurated to great fanfare from Washington and the western media. Both hailed -- quite mistakenly -- "Afghanistan's first elections."

..... http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Columnists/Toronto/Eric_Margolis/2004/12/12/778571.html

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Re: RE: U.S. caught in Kabul

Reverend Blair said:
Ya gotta love Eric Margolis. He seems to be the last honest conservative columnist in Canada.

I read his column religiously.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Re: RE: U.S. caught in Kabul

no1important said:
Don't they rightfully call Hamid Karzai the "Mayor of Kabul"? Since Kabul is the only "free" place in Afghanistan?

You are right no1. Never thought about it this way. But is it really a free place? We need to check that out a little more.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Ha ha, Eric "I know, I've been there!" Margolis used to crack me up on Diplomatic Immunity. I call him that because whenever anyone would challenge his "facts" he would just say "I know! I've been there!"

The man's a buffoon.