Pearl Harbor: The Facts Behind the Fiction

moghrabi
Pearl Harbor: The Facts Behind the Fiction
by James Perloff

The raid on Pearl Harbor took the U.S. Pacific Fleet by surprise, but back in Washington, the Roosevelt administration was fully aware of the coming onslaught.

James Perloff is the author of The Shadows of Power: The Council on Foreign Relations and the American Decline and Tornado in a Junkyard: The Relentless Myth of Darwinism. Both books are available through American Opinion Book Services (www.aobs-store.com (external - login to view)).

Over Memorial Day weekend, Disney will release Pearl Harbor, a film granted the largest pre-production budget ($145 million) in cinema history. The lavish production will, no doubt, be viewed by many moviegoers as an accurate portrayal of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Even the movieís leading man has bought into this notion. "I really believe the film will be the definitive piece on the attack," said actor Ben Affleck. This is unfortunate, because the movieís producer, Jerry Bruckheimer, proclaimed in an interview last year: "Thereís a book that just came out which claims [President Franklin D.] Roosevelt knew about the attack. Thatís all b***s***. He didnít know about the attack!"

But comprehensive research has not only shown Washington knew in advance of the attack, but deliberately withheld its foreknowledge from our commanders in Hawaii in the hope that the "surprise" attack would catapult the U.S. into World War II. Oliver Lyttleton, British Minister of Production, stated in 1944: "Japan was provoked into attacking America at Pearl Harbor. It is a travesty of history to say that America was forced into the war."

www.thenewamerican.com/tna/20...no12_facts.htm (external - login to view)

sj007
i knew this from reading a man called intrepid a great book

moghrabi
You read a man? or you read a book?

sj007
the name of the book is "a man called intrepid"
does that help?

moghrabi
yes, thank you SJ. I was worried about you for awhile. I was starting to think you were reading men.

sj007
lol u know how i dont use punctuation in my sentences

moghrabi
Well now I know. The sentence really did not make sense until you told me. Sorry.

sj007
nah its fine i dont mind

moghrabi
Ok friend.

sj007
as u wish

no1important
I know that Pearl Harbour movie a few years back with Jennifer Garner in it was twisted to make the Americans look more "competent" "better" than what happened.

moghrabi
I watched the movie but i was not worried about the outcome. I was only watching jennifer. She is my sweetheart.

no1important
I know she is so hot. I can't wait until "electra" comes out and Alias returns.

moghrabi
I just love her. And I am in Love with her and want to love her more.

Have you seen those lips on her?

Rick van Opbergen

moghrabi
OHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Thank you rick. I love you too now.

sj007
ok lets get back on topic did u know that churchill was tring to get a europe frist plan so when they were attacked at pearl harbour that the doughboys would go to europe

Rick van Opbergen
You love me too? I hope that's not in the Jennifer Garner way

Rick van Opbergen
When I look at Jennifer Garner, my heart just starts to pound twice as fast ... her lips ... her eyes ... *sigh*

sj007
Arrrg cant we talk about the original topic

moghrabi
Stop it Rick, My heart is poundind so fast that I can't count.

As for loving you. No not the same way as Jennifer.

As for Churchill. ho gives a dman about him. We are talking Jennifer here SJ.

moghrabi
Quote: Originally Posted by sj007

Arrrg cant we talk about the original topic

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rick van Opbergen
No sj007, now behave!

sj007
than make a new thread in the lounge

moghrabi
But the Pic is here. I am staying here until I am done looking at her.

Rick van Opbergen
Well I can always poste the pic in another thread of course ...

moghrabi
Sure. i have it as a wall paper now on my screen.

Rick van Opbergen
If you want more pics, just surf to Google and search for Jennifer Garner in the Images area ... and you will be satisfied for sure

moghrabi
I do everyday. But i never seen this one before.

Rick van Opbergen
You haven't? In that case you haven't searched good enough