Opinions of President Bush

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
Bush is the 43rd President of the United States. He was fairly and democratically elected under the current US electoral system on Nov 2, 2004.

As a Canadian, I must respect the decision of American whether I agree or not. Only citizens of the US can decide and they did.

For all those people who make comments about Bush being a war criminal, there are far bigger fish to fry in that category.

Do I agree with all his policies? No.
Do I like him personally? Never met him so I can't say.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Opinions of President

Ah, but he is a war criminal. Winning an election does not change that.

The choice of the American people is their choice, but we do not have to give Bush or his supporters respect regarding policy that has measurable and real effects outside of his own country.

That means that he's still a war criminal and it means that we shouldn't downplay that. If Bush's lack of respect for international law and the international community causes him problems trying to get anything done to further his agenda, well it isn't like the American didn't know that was a possibility.

There is also no reason why he should be at all respected when he travels internationally. While many Americans may not like to see their flag flown upside down or their leader burned in effigy along with that flag, they should also keep in mind that it isn't done lightly and it isn't done because people hate their freedom. It is done because so many people have lost their freedom and their rights due to US foreign policy.