Kamloops BC

And for the "other side"

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Ha ha those are good.

Bush should not be visiting. However if he wants to visit he should be arrested and sent to the Hague and be charged for war crimes and violating the Geneva convention. After all a military commander is responsible for his troops.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Unfortunately we can't arrest him when he's here on an official visit. We should point out to him that, should he ever come back to Canada to fish or hunt again, he is fair game though. There is no statute of limitations on war crimes, after all.

Since Georgie is too cowardly and rude to meet with all of the opposition leaders, Jack wrote him a letter. http://ndp.ca/speechdetail/nid-2360

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I doubt that GWB can read; there's a fair amount of evidence that he can't.
-He has been pictured at least once holding a book upside down, "reading" to kids;

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
The first minor incident with protestors just happend in Ottawa. What they were showing on Newsworld didn't really make what was going on clear, but what I've just heard makes it a little more clear, or maybe less.

I have a friend who's there and during a peaceful protest a single cop took a swing at somebody. Nobody knows why, it might have been because the protestor put (or had) a balaclava on or he might have said something or he might have kicked the cop in the shins. That's three possibilities from one person who was only a few feet away.

Anyway, what the crowd saw was a cop hit a protestor. They surged forward and the cops pushed back. Keep that in mind...what the crowd saw was a cop hit a protestor. Even then they remained mostly peaceful. There was a stick or two visible on TV and some punches thrown against cop shields, but it was mostly just a bunch of people taking a step or two forward.

One cop was hurt (the rumour there is that he was hit by another cop who was swinging at a protestor, but nobody knows) and some protestors were arrested. At least one was beaten a bit, a few others were treated very roughly considering they were not fighting back. There is no need to kneel on a man's head when he is resisting by letting his body go limp, especially when two of your buddies are holding him down.

When the cops put on their gas masks, my friend decided it was probably a good time to go grab a bite to eat. So did most of the crowd. He is looking forward to more peaceful protesting in a few hours. Also, he thinks he can score with some girl from Montreal. 8) :lol:

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
The President mentioned, at the joint news conference with he and Prime Minister Martin, that he appreciated the reception by Canadian citizens, including "the folks that came and lined the streets, waving........ with all five fingers!"

He cracked me up......

Hendrixismyidol

Nov 25, 2004
Ottawa, ON
What I do know about Bush's visit is that it's going to make my commute home disastrous. The traffic reports don't sound good at all with all the closed roads :x

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Just make your way to the hill and light a candle, Hendrix. Or go to the Chateau Laurier...I hear a couple thousand protestors there have pretty much choked off the hotel.

It's all perfectly peaceful and will likely remain that way until the cops put on their gas masks again.

youwho

Dec 1, 2004
"He had met with Hermann Göring and Adolf Hitler, whom he said was a reasonable man who cared for his fellow man, working to improve his country in the midst of the Depression. He confided in his diary that he thought Hitler "might come to be thought of as one of the saviours of the world" and told a Jewish delegation that "Kristallnacht might turn out to be a blessing."

youwho

Dec 1, 2004
"He had met with Hermann Göring and Adolf Hitler, whom he said was a reasonable man who cared for his fellow man, working to improve his country in the midst of the Depression. He confided in his diary that he thought Hitler "might come to be thought of as one of the saviours of the world" and told a Jewish delegation that "Kristallnacht might turn out to be a blessing."

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hey! Reverend Blair
I liked the cartoons. Good Canadian Cartoons are quite unique.

Hey! Ten Packs
That was a good letter from Jack Layton. I wish the same person who wrote this for him would write his campaign speeches.
I heard someone say on TV last night that Greenland is talking about us in the same way that we are talking about the U.S. .

Calm

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Layton is an interesting man with a lot of good ideas. He was treated very badly in the House Of Commons yesterday by the Liberals. I wonder just how long before the next election?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
It wasn;t all the Liberals and it wasn't just the Liberals. A lot of Liberal banck benchers sat quietly, apparently. A lot of Conservatives were trying trying to shout him down too.

Layton scares the crap out of these people because he's articulate and bright. They keep seeing polls where their policies on BMD and trade and relations with the US are opposed by most Canadians and there's Jack saying the same thing that most Canadians are.

It's very important to Martinites in the Liberal Party and Conservatives to keep Jack from getting people riled up enough the start lobbying their MPs.