At-a-Glance: How could Israel put a Jewish country on Palest

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
RE: At-a-Glance: How could Israel put a Jewish country on Pa

Well, that is undoubtably a convincing timeline, although I knew the Palestine was (at least recently) more palestinian than Jewish.. How the heck did so many jews get into Europe? Whatever was left of them left Palestine or the region from which they originated to populate foreign lands... The way they set up shop (quite literally) and inhabited Europe is very remarkable, infact.

Anyways, going off topic, but they have no right to their so-called sacred lands. They are unmistakably Arab and (to that degree) Palestinian.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Andem, you still have people (even on this forum) saying that there were no such Palestinian people. They are a mix of Jordanians and Nomads. To them I say read this and make sense of it.

As Arafat used to say: The first Palestinian martyr was Jesus Christ.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

That rubbish, if there weren't Palestinian people, why did they (up until recently) have their own nation and country called Palestine? Any other suggestions wouldn't make sense!

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Thanks Paranoid. I hope it makes some sense to some people who claim the opposite.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

Ok Sam,

I just replied to that other thread... and read the whole thing too.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: At-a-Glance: How coul

For years I've been trying to tell people that Jesus was a Jew who looked like an Arab. They point to the picture of blonde, blue-eyed guy on the wall; show me a picture of Moses with horns (and where the hell does that come from anyway?); then dig up an image of Khomeini or bin Laden or somebody and claim that Mohammed looked just like that.

I hope to be martyred in Jerusalem someday. Maybe the atheists will take me on as their saviour so they can have a holy war over a piece of land that would make the average Saskatchewan farmer say, "Forget next year, I'm going to Easter Island to live with them Rahpahooi fellas," too.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: At-a-Glance: How coul

...unless you're killing people over a piece of land that would make a Saskatchewan farmer move to Easter Island.

"...an' it's one, two, three,
What're we fightin' for..."

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004
7000 ft. asl and on full auto
Re: RE: At-a-Glance: How could Israel put a Jewish country o

moghrabi said:
Andem, you still have people (even on this forum) saying that there were no such Palestinian people. They are a mix of Jordanians and Nomads. To them I say read this and make sense of it.

As Arafat used to say: The first Palestinian martyr was Jesus Christ.

Andem said:
That rubbish, if there weren't Palestinian people, why did they (up until recently) have their own nation and country called Palestine? Any other suggestions wouldn't make sense!

moghrabi said:
Andem. Have you seen the post by Paco?

Let's be clear. I never said there were no Palestinian peoples in the "area" called Palestine.

Israelite rule in the Middle East started with Joshua’s conquest around 1200 BC. From about 600 BC and forward other peoples and empires controlled the land of the Jews including Babylon, Greece, and Rome. When Rome almost wiped out the Jews they (the Jews) renamed the area Palaestina to avoid identification with Israel.

It was the Jews who started calling the area "Palestine." Somewhere around 700 AD, Arab peoples began to live in Palestine with the (very few) Jews that remained there. Both Arab "Palestinians" and Jewish "Palestinians" lived in the area called Palestine, but were ruled by other nations, most notably the Turks from the early 1500’s to 1917.

There never existed an independent Arab state named Palestine. Your link does not disagree with me on this.

In 1948 the UN and the Brits thought that the Palestinian Arabs and the Palestinian Jews could each have their own states.

The Palestinian Jews agreed, the Palestinian Arabs did not.

moghrabi, your perception of what I say is either deliberately dishonest or your bias convinces you to read something I am not saying. Either way, you are full of crap.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Re: At-a-Glance: How could Israel put a Jewish country on Pa

Andem said:
How the heck did so many jews get into Europe? Whatever was left of them left Palestine or the region from which they originated to populate foreign lands... The way they set up shop (quite literally) and inhabited Europe is very remarkable, infact.
After the destruction of both the First and Second Temple, a lot of Jews moved towards nowadays Iraq (Babylon), Iran and Central Asia; others moved to Europe, to settle especially in Italy and Greece. And others moved to the Arab Peninsula, to nowadays Yemen and Saudi Arabia, where they even created Jewish kingdoms - and to Egypt, Ethiopia and other Northern African lands. During the time of the rising of the Islam, most Jews lived in the relatively tolerant Arab world, where a lot of Jewish communities prospered. In the mean time, other Jews moved into Europe, especially to German and French towns. A great majority of Jews however lived on the Iberian Peninsula.

But at the end of the 15th century, at the starting of the Inquisition, some 250,000 Spanish and Portuguese Jews left the Peninsula and settled in other parts of Europe - especially in Poland, where they were confronted with other Jews, descendants of the tribe of Khazars, a Turkish tribe in nowadays Ukraine of which a part had converted to Judaism and Karaitism. Some went to the New World.