The face of victory

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004
7000 ft. asl and on full auto
The UPI reports on the changing face of liberated Iraq by featuring a sergeant in the new Iraqi Army. Ismin Norhan, a 19-year-old non-commissioned officer is a woman.

Privates in her unit trust her because she is good at her job, Pvt. Mohammed Abdel Munam, 21, said. The group works as a team, forged by their bond of going through training together that included house searches, how to shoot weapons, physical fitness and how to run military checkpoints.

"We want to encourage women as equal members of the society. Especially with their non-violent nature, this is exactly what Iraq needs, because Iraq has been violent for decades," Kadim said. "They should take a leading role in society as things calm down."

As for Iraqi sentiment concerning the Marine killing...

I just got of the phone with my father in Baghdad. I asked him what is the reaction of the Marine killing the injured Iraqi in the Mosque in Felujah. His first words were "Good riddance."

People are not giving it a second thought. Any terrorist who attacks soldiers from Mosques has no sanctuary. Any terrorists who fake death to kill in a mosque deserve no mercy. He says Iraqis (including Sunnis) are fed up with the terrorists and want them eliminated.

There was much uproar about the brutal kidnapping killing of Mrs. Margaret Hassan. Iraqis are upset outraged and disgusted with her brutal abduction & killing. She helped us, helped the poor & needy and this what the terrorist do to her and her family.

He says we must stay strong, united and relentless in the pursuit of the terrorist. Baghdad had relative calm over the last few days. People are even going out in the street till 9:30pm now.

Please spread the message, let America Know that the Iraqis are with us, grateful and want us to stay strong and get stronger so that we can all defeat terrorism.

Victory will come in this war with changes like this. History and CNN will not record the defeat of terrorism with al Qaeda signing an unconditional truce of surrender like the Japanese did on the USS Missouri.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
That and there was an Iraqi insurgent on Hemispheres this morning saying the exact opposite of what Paco just put up. He wasn't a member of al Qaeda or even terribly religious, he was just pissed off that the Americans made things worse for him, his family, and his friends than they were under Saddam. He didn't know what else to do, so he joined the resistance.

Paco might think that it's okay to murder somebody like that in cold blood, but the truth is that such acts will only encourage two or three more people to join the insugency.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Would it have made any difference if the guy let the marine know he was alive? I think if a bunch of Marines with big guns came in where I was badly injured I'd pretend to be dead too. It's a defense mechanism.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
That and he was apparently pretty seriously injured and hed been there since the day before. Maybe he just didn't have the strngth to do anything more.