May 25, 2004
Canada
Mujahideen Claim
Heavy US Losses
Fallujah Calls For Media To Drop Lies
By Omar al-Faris - JUS
Jihad Unspun
11-15-4

Mujahideen spokesman, Abu Saad Al-Delaimy: "America is having a news media crisis: If they control 90% or more of Fallujah as they allege, I challenge them to allow world news satellite media to see for themselves."

Mujahideen Advisory Council's official spokesman, Abu Saad Al-Delaimy insisted that the American military standing in Fallujah has remained unchanged for three days in a row, contrary to American allegations.

In a telephone interview with Al-Jazeera, Abu Saad indicated that American occupiers could not yet come near Al-Golan area, their presence and control is limited to some main streets and is constantly supported by aerial bombardment. "If by 'pockets of resistance' Americans mean: Al-Askari, Al-Shuhada, Industry, Al-Ghughaifi, Al-Wahda, and the Al-Jumhoriah areas, all those neighborhoods are inside Fallujah and not outside, so, how are they 'controlling' Fallujah?"

"The Americans have prematurely announced the conclusion of their operation in Fallujah and by doing so, they have created a news media crisis for themselves because they are still being hammered from inside by the Mujahideen, and they are under siege and face constant rockets and mortar shelling from outside. They are having a major credibility issue here," said Abu Saad.

Abu Saad also described American allegations of killing 1000 Mujahideen as totally false. He said only 100 Mujahideen have been martyred, and the rest are civilian residents of Fallujah.

Written Statement Received

In a written communiqué received by Mafkarat al-Islam late on Sunday night, the Consultative Council of the Mujahideen of Fallujah described the nature of the powerful explosion that rocked part of the city around sunset Sunday. The blast was the result of an Ababil rocket fired by the Resistance at the Hajji Dahham Ice Factory in the industrial zone of the city. The explosion destroyed a number of American tanks and armored vehicles

The communiqué also refuted claims that some sort of negotiations had begun with the US occupation forces. It also discounted claims that a cease-fire with the occupation troops was a possibility. No such thing could take place so long as the US operations around the environs of the city were continuing.

The communiqué also stated that there was no truth in the statements made by some people speaking on behalf of the city's residents concerning the situation in the city. It stressed that there were no American tanks in any of Fallujah's streets other than a small number that are encircled on some streets. The US presence on the main streets in the city consists only of American snipers in specific locations on ath-Tharthar Street. The morale of the Mujahideen in Fallujah is at its highest possible level. "The American strike," the communiqué said, "has only increased us in firmness, defiance, and resilience in the path of Truth."

The Mafkarat al-Islam correspondent in Fallujah reported that on Sunday the city experienced relative calm, as fighting between the invaders and the Resistance was on a very limited scale.

Mujahideen Council Releases Casualty Numbers

The office of Mafkarat al-Islam in Fallujah has received a communiqué issued by the Advisory Council of Fallujah Mujahideen detailing the results of battles in the city. Below is a run down on enemy casualties in personnel and war equipment:

Killed:

400 Americans
140 Allawi Army

Captured:

136 Americans
15 Brits
123 Allawi Army

Military Equipment:

2 Copters
11 F-16
1 Chinook
5 Reconnaissance plane
7 Abrahams Tanks

In addition to specific numbers listed above, Mujahideen have destroyed a large number of tanks and other mechanized vehicle. It is also worth noting that a Chinook aircraft carries 60 soldiers.

There appears to be discrepancy between numbers of casualties listed in this communiqué and numbers circulated by different Mujahideen units. Observers attributed the discrepancy to poor communications of news reporting from different units as opposed to very well co-ordinated military communications. Observers expressed surprise about the low (conservative) number of soldiers killed, especially in light of known operations. For example, the attack on the ice factory, which was described by many as similar to a small nuclear bomb had to have destroyed a large number of tanks and other vehicles and with that goes a large number of soldiers as well. Knowing how many soldiers are normally on board a tank in combat operation, one can use simple arithmetic to figure out the number of personnel killed, which will equate to a much higher number than that listed above. (JUS)

Muhammad Abu Nasr, Free Arab Voice, contributed to this report.

http://www.rense.com/general59/mja.htm

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Re: RE: Mujahideen Claim Heavy US Losses

Rick van Opbergen said:
Have you heard yet about the US soldier shooting a wounded Iraqi? Disgusting!

Did you hear that that same soldier's buddy was killed the day before by a booby-trapped Iraqi. I think this can be filed under Tragedy amidst fog of War rather than a deliberate cold blooded abuse of power. If you watch the whole clip you'll hear the soldier saying "I didn't know, I didn't know" when told the Iraqi's had previously been disarmed. I think he acted out of fear.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
That doesn't take away that he shot a wounded Iraqi which seemingly could not present any threat to the US soldier, right? It's tragic to hear the same soldier's buddy was killed the day before - very tragic. But it does classify for a war crime.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Another thing, to come back on the original article: to what extent can we assume the numbers presented by the Mujahideen are actually true? And not propaganda? (which, yes, can as well be said of the numbers and facts presented by the US forces)

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
moghrabi said:
Captured:

136 Americans
15 Brits
123 Allawi Army

I don't believe this for a moment. They would be being paraded all over the Internet and Al Jazeera by now if they had prisoners. So far all the Mujahideen have been able to boast about in the way of prisoners is the slaughter of defenseless women who were in the country to help Iraqi's.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

Rick van Opbergen said:
That doesn't take away that he shot a wounded Iraqi which seemingly could not present any threat to the US soldier, right?

No, but it does mitigate it. When bodies, dead or alive, are being used as weapons by having explosives strapped to them, and when you see what you thought was a body suddenly start to move, I can see how such a tragedy may occur. It's not like he was marched out and shot in the yard.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
They are asking the news media to come in to report what they are claiming. I would like to see the media get in and report other than Fox news.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

moghrabi said:
They are asking the news media to come in to report what they are claiming. I would like to see the media get in and report other than Fox news.

There must be someone other than fox news there, otherwise where did Muhammad Abu Nasr, Free Arab Voice, get his information?

In any case, I don't disagree with you.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Abu Masr is the only freelance person in Felluja. I have no idea who is with the US army. But the fighters are asking the media to come in and report. The US army is refusing.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Mujahideen Claim Heav

MSNBC is with the US army for sure...it was one of their pool reporters that filmed the US soldier committing a war crime by shooting an unarmed, wounded man. There are BBC reporters there for sure as well.

I don't care if his buddy had been killed the day before or if he tried to say that he didn't know, Facts. Watch the video, the man who was murdered presented no threat.

I don't believe the numbers presented in that article, Moghrabi. They are too high and there US and foreign press embedded with the US forces. If things were that bad, we would have heard.

I don't believe the US numbers either though. They were higher on Friday than they were on Saturday and I'm pretty sure that five or six soldiers didn't suddenly rise from the dead. Somebody is diddling numbers there too.

There are also lies coming out of the US military as to the number of civilian casualties. They have almost certainly once again killed a bunch of civilians and have yet another human rights nightmare on their hands.

Something that is very clear is that the uprising is spreading. The insurgents in charge seem to have gotten away, and the US has little or no control of the situation.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Re: RE: Mujahideen Claim Heav

Reverend Blair said:
I don't care if his buddy had been killed the day before

He wasn't just killed, he was killed by a booby-trapped body. That's the point. These guys don't know who's gonna blow up when. Frankly, under those circumstances, I think I'd be a little trigger happy myself. I'm not saying that excuses it completely, but it's hardly a war crime.

passpatoo

Electoral Member
Aug 29, 2004
Algoma

Reverend Blair said:
When you point a gun at an unarmed, wounded person and pull the trigger, that is a war crime.

This is too simplistic an answer. I've never been to war, but I've come to understand that living that life for any time, changes things. What seems plain and simple for those of us who have only lived in peacetime is not as straight forward for someone who is constantly looking over his/her shoulder in order to live to the next minute/hour/day. Further, take that same person, train them to be a killer, and put them in a situation where they are killing humans with the same frequency that you or I might swat flies and it is easy to expect that same person's judgements as to when to and when not to kill become skewed from that which myself as a non-combatant see as obviously right or wrong.

I totally agree that a war crime has been committed; however, I see it as laying in the lap of the government officials who started this war and who should have reasonably known that such things are going to happen. The individual soldier cannot be blamed so harshly for the act in my view.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

The Geneva Conventions had a lot of input from men who knew all too much about war, Passpatoo. Those conventions say that when you point a gun at an unarmed, wounded enemy, even if he was shooting at you just minutes before, and pull the trigger that you have committed a war crime.

According to Peter Mansbridge NBC is now reporting that this was not an isolated incident.

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
I was wondering why injured iraqi's were wounded the day before in a church and were still there the day after?

I thought wounded people deserved immediate medical attention.

I don't blame the soldier. I blame the policy and the brainwashing that soldiers undergo which facilitates these kind of situations.

Americans always forget that the world told them this would happen. They were warned time and time again that an invasion of Iraq would be destructive and bring on civil war.

Americans are just great at playing stupid. And that is what angers me most about these kind of incidents. They have had a century of warfare .... they know exactly what they are doing.
They do the same with incidents of friendly fire .... duh, it was a mistake.

Americans always claim "Father Knows Best".

Calm

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
They know F-all. I thought they have smart bombs. I turns out that these smart bombs are as smart as Bush. They are always missing their target. They call it Friendly-fire or collateral damage.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Smart bombs? That'll be the day. Even if they hit their targets perfectly, these thing aren't bullets. They are huge explosives. They throw debris and shrapnel everywhere. They shake adjacent buildings so badly that those buildings begin to collapse. I won't even get into the DU and the daisy-cutters.

These are weapons that might have a place on a conventional battlefield if you were extremely callous and cynical. They have no place in urban warfare whatsoever.

Putting a soldier's life above the life of a civilian, especially a child, is reprehensible. If the US wants the oil that badly, let them do it with rifles.

passpatoo

Electoral Member
Aug 29, 2004
Algoma

Reverend Blair said:
The Geneva Conventions had a lot of input from men who knew all too much about war, Passpatoo. Those conventions say that when you point a gun at an unarmed, wounded enemy, even if he was shooting at you just minutes before, and pull the trigger that you have committed a war crime.

Legally perhaps. Morally, I still see the war leaders as the major criminals here. Not (always) the individual.

"According to Peter Mansbridge NBC is now reporting that this was not an isolated incident."

I think this just adds weight to my argument.