The Global Vote

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Good news on the horizon, I think. On CNN's poll last night 65% of Americans though Kerry would win, only 35% thought Bush would win.

Better yet, this morning's poll asks:

Is it important for the winner of the U.S. presidential election to mend relations with the rest of the world?

And by god 65% say yes, only 35% say no.

I call this a hopeful sign, don't you? Or is it just wistful thinking?

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
JDream said:
whoa.. *Wishes* if that could be true...

However inaccurate are the polls, the best news is, CNN viewers/readers tend to be mainstream America. I am pretty psyched over this, actually. Small offerings, but hey, we take what we can get, right? :cool:

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: The Global Vote

Rick van Opbergen said:
It depends Haggis. I think that if all people favoring Kerry would vote, Kerry would easily win. But that's not the case I fear, not all people favoring Kerry (or: disliking Bush) are voting I guess.

I think voter turnout will be unprecedented. This much I would just about bet money on. They predict 90%+ and I'm inclined to agree. People recognize the stakes involved, and I think any intimidation at the polls will just make these voters all the more resolved.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: The Global Vote

Rick van Opbergen said:
90%+ ????? I heard reports about 120 million Americans, soem 60%. where did you hear it could be 90% or even more?

Wish I could remember, but wherever it was it sure does clash with your findings! Yours sounds the more realistic, though. What the hell, I'm still going to go with mine, might as well stay in the Wistful Thinking mode. :cool:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I heard 120 million too...not to disturb your happy thoughts or anything. Actually, it shouldn't...most of the pundits seem to have 112 million as the mark that will get Kerry elected. I heard one guy say 108-110 million.

I'm not convinced it will work that way...the Republicans are getting out the vote too, but I'm not on TV.

No matter what though...there are a lot of people in line at the polls. That has to mean something.