Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Oh, did I say they were?

The cartoon makes a valid, cutting and yes, unflattering, point about the (many) Americans who are pretty much doing exactly as it describes.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: Why Americans will vote for Bush

Rick van Opbergen said:
Well my point is that the ones on the cartoons seem to be Rednecks (or the right one that is, who represents "the people") ... anyway, what about the ones who support Kerry? :wink:

Well, there is an interesting amount of support in the US by many Americans whose interests are not well-served by the Republicans. This is quite nicely depicted by the cartoon.

Yes, the cartoon is definitely a liberal-leaning cartoonist going after the right-wing, and yes, there are also lenty of conservative-leaning cartoonists going after Kerry. As I happen to strongly support the Democratic candidate, I posted this cartoon rather than one that slams Kerry and followers.

If you want to see cartoons showing both sides, visit

http://cagle.slate.msn.com/politicalcartoons

which is one of my favourite sites and where I found this cartoon. There are twelve pages in total, and there are many cartoons of both stripes. One of the most ultra-right cartoonists, is Chuck Asay of Colorado Springs, his can be seen near the bottom of page ten.

The twelve pages show American cartoonists from all over the states, but at the very bottom of each page you will also find links to cartoonists from around the world.