Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bush

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eastcoastrob

Nominee Member
Sep 23, 2004
Saint John, New Brunswick
Just watched the first hour the these debates and it's making me ill so I stopped.
Kerry makes a lot of good points. The unfortunate thing is that Bush has a way of saying the sames things over and over and over intil people believe them no matter what question he's asked. "it's hard wor in Iraq", "We must stay on the offensive","Iraq is essential to the war on terror". OF COURSE IT IS NOW, YOU DOLT! Iraq is overun with terrorists due to negligence and lack of planning on the part of the Bush administration. Bush has made so many mistakes in the last 4 years that Kerry can't employ this same sledge-hammer strategy because if he did he'd only be scratching the surface of Bush's foibles. When will people see this guy for what he is? Who will be the next world leader to be morphed into Osama Bin Ladden by Bush Jr?
The democrats are in kind of a "love the one you're with" situation with Kerry. He's really not strong enough to defeat this steadfast false patriotism that Bush has slammed down the American people's throats with a sledge hammer for the past 3 years.
The Patriot Act? What a load of crap! Any legislation that takes away a person's right to privacy strips a country of one of its most cardinal freedoms.
I'm scared stiff for the American people. I really am.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: US Pesidential Debate

I think Kerry won, but not by a lot. He made his points and refuted Bush well enough for a non-partisan crowd. The thing is that nobody watching was non-partisan. Kerry had to sway people, to make them stand up and take notice. He didn't manage that.

He did, through language, tie Bush's unsuccessful attempts to capture Osama to out-sourcing though and clearly showed that his plan not only exists, but that Bush's lack of a plan has led to failure. The question is whether he did so in such a way that people will listen.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
I definitely think Kerry won. I only saw parts of it (when the summary was broadcasted at Dutch television I was on my way to college), but from what I've seen it seemed that Kerry was very confident while Bush was a bit uncertain, just repeating those empty statements.

JDream

Council Member
Apr 10, 2004
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
www.cu2.nl
Good hehe, lol, I like it or somethin... looolll thats the 2nd time I say that. But ok, I like Kerry's actions, lol, How he talks, He pushes Bush in a corner.. lol, Bush doesn't know what to say after it, Not a normal thing atleast, lol.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I think it was pretty obvious that Kerry would win. Arming Bush for a battle of wits is truly unthinkable. I mean, come on, he's an idiot. I'm not just saying that because he goes against what I believe in morally and politically, but he's just gone over the edge in the department of idiocy.

How can a country like the United States have a man like that in power (I was just about to say "Elect of man like Bush," but he wasn't really elected).

Enough said.