Bush Keeps His Promises

T. Rex

Nominee Member
Forwarded from email stream:

I wonder how many American parents promised their children last night that they would be safe, that their parents would protect them and keep the monsters away. I wonder how many made the same promise on September 11, 2001. Since that day, our children have been safe from further terrorist attacks. No dirty bomb, no chemical weapons strike, and no biological weapons attack has been made on the United States.

No monsters have come and harmed our children. If we had not invaded Afghanistan and Iraq and removed the monsters, would we be able to say that? We will never be able to answer that question, fortunately for all of us. Now the monsters are gone; the Taliban no longer governs Afghanistan, and the government of Saddam has been removed.

John Kerry has said that he would have asked the United Nations to defend us from an Iraqi monster, that President Bush should not have acted "unilaterally". It was obvious at the time that the U.N. would never have authorized the use of force to remove the monster from Iraq, so he is really saying that we should not have invaded Iraq at all and left the monster in place, to continue terrorizing and enslaving all its own people. He has also decried the alleged "deception" of the Bush administration about WMD's in Iraq, the assumption being that he would have preferred to wait until perhaps Saddam had used WMD's or--much more likely--given them to terrorist groups to use against the United States. The sweat and blood of our soldiers has kept us safe, kept the
monsters away, and kept the promises made by American parents.

President Bush sent those soldiers to Afghanistan and to Iraq to protect the United States, and to keep all those promises. The missions may not have been perfect, and mistakes surely were made, but the promise was kept, and despite all that, both nations are now free, and we are safer. Could we have done things better? Sure. No mission is perfect. Mistakes are always made. Parents in Afghanistan and Iraq are now able, for the first time in many years, to keep their promises and keep the monster who was their own governments away from their children. President Bush was willing to act unilaterally and preemptively to defend our nation from the monsters who would harm us. Other nations joined us in our defense, and in their own defense, and in doing the right thing, despite the political risk. President Bush was willing to stand alone to keep his promises and the promises of American parents everywhere. Remember that in November, and keep your promises to your children.

T. Rex

Nominee Member
There is always crap going on about how bad President Bush is and how much he has destroyed America. He has done the exact opposite. He has protected Americans and protected the rest of North America from the weapons Saddam would have used on us.

He took leadership and protected the rest of the world from these evil leaders like Saddam and the Palestinians and Arabs. And Al Quada.

What would have happened when Al Quada and Saddam finally did team up against the USA? The world is facing terrorists, and George W Bush has taken the right path in preventing them from harming people ever again. Including us.

Jillyvn

Electoral Member
Sep 15, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Ok, T-Rex. I'm going to reference each issue individually and reply point by point: (taken from both posts)

No monsters have come and harmed our children. If we had not invaded Afghanistan and Iraq and removed the monsters, would we be able to say that? We will never be able to answer that question, fortunately for all of us. Now the monsters are gone; the Taliban no longer governs Afghanistan, and the government of Saddam has been removed.

Yes. Bush went into Afghanistan, removed the Taliban, and set up a government that is now allowing the production of opium to flourish. In addition, the consitution was ratified under a group dominated by the radical Mujahideen. The country is falling apart, the US has pulled out support, and radical elements are gaining a foothold. How is this making US safer? For more information:
http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=40&ItemID=5033.

Secondly, Saddam, while a very bad man, was completely contained by sanctions and no fly zones. As evidenced by the complete lack of weapons of mass destruction in the country, Saddam never posed a REAL threat. However, Saudi Arabia and North Korea do pose an immediate threat, yet no action is taken against them. Have you asked yourself why?

has also decried the alleged "deception" of the Bush administration about WMD's in Iraq, the assumption being that he would have preferred to wait until perhaps Saddam had used WMD's or--much more likely--given them to terrorist groups to use against the United States. The sweat and blood of our soldiers has kept us safe, kept the monsters away, and kept the promises made by American parents.

The reason Kerry is upset with Bush is that he took the US to war on the basis of very faulty intelligence and he acted contrary to the motion set forth by the congress. And, there is no reason to assume Saddam would ever unilaterly attack the US. If the US starts running around attacking countries on the basis that they might be a threat, they will be awfully busy since the US is so hated.

missions may not have been perfect, and mistakes surely were made, but the promise was kept, and despite all that, both nations are now free, and we are safer.

By whose standards? From what I can read, the insurgency still very much threatens the lifes of Iraqis, the infrastructure has been completely decimated, and people are dying every day.

He took leadership and protected the rest of the world from these evil leaders like Saddam and the Palestinians and Arabs. And Al Quada.

What would have happened when Al Quada and Saddam finally did team up against the USA? The world is facing terrorists, and George W Bush has taken the right path in preventing them from harming people ever again. Including us.

This kind of rhetoric is very dangerous. Linking Al Qaida and Saddam is completely incorrect, and the basis for the war was faulty. Linking Saddam, Palestinians and Arabs into one homogenous group fosters the "us versus them" mentality that always declines into racist fear mongering. As for the "Terrorists"? As far as I can tell, this is a very poorly defined term that it used to lump together anything deemed a threat to America. What makes someone a terrorist? It's important to consider the definitions of the terms you use to avoid black and white analysis of what is, ultimately, an extremely complex situation.

There are no easy answers, but whenever a world leader acts unilaterly without the support of the world at large, or indeed even his population, I get very nervous.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
T. Rex, I'm surprised that you actually believe what you're writing.

Bush has become known worldwide for his masterful use of propaganda. He will twist and pick out facts or fiction to make him look like the good guy. You don't have to be centre, slightly-right-of-centre or left-of-centre (etc) to see how transparent Bush and his policies are.

Darkgrammer

Nominee Member
Wow... thats the biggest load of sh*t I have seen so far.

It looks like your saying this without having any psysical evidence that bush is actually protecting us. You think that his so call "National Security" is keeping us at bay. When in fact he has many ties to the Bin-laden family. Why do you think we have capture Suddam but not Bin-Laden? Cause Laden family is rich and they payed the Bushwhacking Administration not to find him, And yes they know where he is at, they know where he is taking refuge but the army was giving secret orders not to capture him. My guess is that they are waiting 1 week before election day to capture him and get bush ratings up. Now tell me this, does bush go out into afganistan and fight for us... NO! Our soldiers do. Does he live where we live working everyday to make a minimal wage job trying to go to college at the same time and pay bills all at the same time... NO! We do! He has never had real life experience because he has not been in our shoes and ran a mile, He's daddy always been there for him even as in old man. He's family has always been rich so there was no point in him to stress himself out. Now tell me you want a rich brat calling the shots? If you do then your seriously screwed up as he is. And don't come with this Unpatriotic Sh*t im tired of it, all those lame 9/11 excuse they can just shove them up there...

So really think of it, are that blind as to think that bush is actually protecting you?

Isengard

Electoral Member
RE: Bush Keeps His Promis

Yeah, nice reply Jillyvn :)

I'll add my 2 cents.

You remember after the 9/11 attacks, the US went to war on the basis that Afghanistan was harboring Bin Laden who supposedly is the mastermind of those attacks. The after that, for some mysterious connections known only to the US gov., they went to war in Iraq. But as we all know, there's absolutely no link between 9/11 and Saddam. Now they're all talking about how they removed this monster from power in Iraq to protect their children to justify this war. Mmmm, ok, but can you try, again, to make me understand the link between Saddam and 9/11? On what basis did you go and invade Iraq? Oh yeah, Saddam had WMDs. Again, what is the link between 9/11, Bin Laden, Talibans and WMDS in Iraq? I'm really confused here. So, finally, you didn't find any weapons, because obviously there is a big conspiracy against the US that made those weapons disappear. Then you told yourself you've come so far so why not kick the shit out of Saddam while you're there? Oh wait, that was the reason since the beginning, anyway now you're saying that you've made of Afghanistan and Iraq two more Land Of The FREE, it surely looks like this when I watch the news on tv every night. Saddam the dictator, whom the US made what he was, is gone so Iraq can now enjoy the one and only way of life that is the "American" democracy(it hurts to write this), that's the reason why you went to war, isn't it? Well, that's what I read everywhere now since you're short of argument as of why you went to war in Iraq... What is the link between Saddam being a major psycho and 9/11? Except for the fact that Iraq sits on 66% of world oil reserve, I don't see any link!?

So, is there any person that can explain to me, how all this happened? To go at war against a terrorists group in Afghanistan because they attacked you in your country and ending it in another that has nothing to do with it?

I'm lost here.

Jillyvn

Electoral Member
Sep 15, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Rick van Opbergen said:
Jillyvn I really liked your post, it was very good! My compliments! (Just wanted to say that)

Thanks Rick... more proof to add to my list of why the Dutch are such nice folks.

Completely off topic, but my family is Danish, and EVERYONE calls me dutch... ingrates :)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Bush Keeps His Promis

Probably just a lack of geographic skills, Rick. One of our photographers is from Austria and people keep getting it confused with Australia.

Jillyvn

Electoral Member
Sep 15, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Rick van Opbergen said:
Danish ancestry? Cool! How come they all think you are Dutch? Is it your surname?

Ignorance. When I tell them I'm Danish, they always reference Dutch. I try to explain it but they don't get it. My original last name is Nielsen, which is not very dutch at all, alas