Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Re: Take Back The Media! Flash Animation "Bush Knew - A

Thanks for the link moghrabi.

I do have some things we can discuss:

1) The claim that Bush knew about the first hijacked plane solely depends on the words of a journalist who asked Dubya whether he "knew" about what was happening in the news? A journalist which stays anonymous during the movie. Now the Washington Post said the next day that Bush only knew about the first plane after he had already started with telling the story about the goat. It is known the Washington Post is a conservative source, who actively backs Bush (read any book of Al Franken to find that out). Whom should we trust? What did the liberal media say about this, the time?

2) The fact that Bush stayed seated for over 20 minutes after he heard the news about the two crashes in NYC, going on with reading the story, is heavily criticized. What do you think what would have been the proper reaction of Bush?

3) Only presidents can give the orders to shoot down (a) plane(s). It is suggested that Bush could have at least prevented the crashing of one of the planes in the Pentagon if he had immediately ordered to shoot down any hijacked or not responding planes. Would it have worked? For what I know from a documentary by Discovery Channel I saw some time ago, the number of pilots protecting the Eastcoast of the US was very small. Orders were given to at least two pilotes from Massachussetts to fly to New York City and try to intercept at least the second plane going to the WTC (and obviously, they failed). It took them some 15 minutes to come to NYC. My question: with the small number of pilots able to intercept hijacked airplanes at the Eastcoast of the US, could they have prevented the Pentagoncrash, even when Bush had ordered them to shoot down any planes not responding 11 minutes before the actual plane crashed, as the movie claims?

Isengard

Electoral Member
RE: Take Back The Media!

I really think that the proper action for a country leader in case of a major emergency is to stop whatever he is doing and take control of whatever situation going on. They could have excused him for an important matter without scaring anyone. You just don't sit there with blank face while 3000 persons are dying in NYC. The conclusion would have been the same if he had reacted the minute he knew what happened, but what would have been different is that people would trust that their president can act and take serious decisions when needed.

Instead, people think of him as a coward who was maybe on a hangover and couldn't place the pieces together and understand what was going on in his country. That's not what I call a Commander in chief.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
RE: Take Back The Media! Flash Animation "Bush Knew - A

or better yet, he knew of what is going to happen, let it happen. I do not believe that 9/11 just happened without someone knowing about it. Four planes and not even one fighter jet in the sky!!!! It is a bit funny for a president who said that he saw the first plane hit the tower on TV at the school. Yet the video of the first plane did not surface until few days later.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com

I agree Isengard that it had been better for Bush to stop with what he was doing, because it can show that he wanted to react (whether or not it would have helped is of no importance in such a case).

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle

The meeting with the kids could have been easily rescheduled.What if instead of planes it had been missles? Would our "fearless" leader have waited ? Something is very wrong here. We are not getting the information we need.

There are just too many inconsistencies surrounding the events of 9/11. The size of the hole at the pentagon. Obviously too small for a plane. The apparent flashes coming off the jets before they hit the towers. If these were incinderary devices...why were they not used on the pentagon strike?

The most important question... why does the American government feel the need to hide the facts from the American public under the guise of national security ? Our politicians ( this includes the whole western world.) need to stop hiding behind the veil of secrecy. We are entitled to the truth.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Take Back The Media!

Because even if Bush didn't know, he should have known. There are connections here and there that point to a lot of other leaders being in the same category.

bogie

Electoral Member
Jun 21, 2002
Barrie, ON Canada
maltesefalcon.bogart.com

I do not believe on any internal US conspiracy theory, but heavily (not a strong enough word) criticise the lack of "immediate" action on the part of the President, who has absolute power and must issue such critical commands. Wherever the President is, he should be in "immediate" knowledge of any critrical events involving the security of his country and it's people. He should immediately drop anything that he is doing to respond and take control. This was not done. The "calm" facade was maintained - an grave error on his part, or on the part of his staff.

He is not a person I want to see back in power at the Whitehouse. "We" (the free world) needs a quick acting, decisive, leader. Bush is not that person.

This Flash video is interesting and raises questions. How true all statements are is to be verified, but revealing just the same.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca

Why were Cheney and Rice initially taken by the secret service to an underground bunker in the White House called the Presidential Emergency Operations Center at the first sign of trouble yet George with his very public schedule was not in any danger?

Why didn't they rush him away?

Why were they so sure that he wouldn't be a target?

They couldn't shoot down the planes because there were up to 22 blips on the radars screens because of the war games.

Lt. Col. Dawne Deskins, NORAD unit's airborne control and warning officer, was overseeing the exercise. At 8:40am she took a call from Boston Center which said it had a hijacked airliner. Her first words, as quoted by Newhouse News Service were, "It must be part of the exercise." Numerous drills on the morning of 9/11 deliberately distracted NORAD so that the real hijacked planes couldn't be intercepted in time.

Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta was in the Presidential Emergency Operating Center with Vice President Cheney as Flight 77 approached Washington, D.C. On May 23, 2003 in front of the 9/11 Commission, Secretary Mineta testified:

"During the time that the airplane was coming in to the Pentagon, there was a young man who would come in and say to the Vice President, "The plane is 50 miles out." "The plane is 30 miles out." And when it got down to "the plane is 10 miles out," the young man also said to the Vice President, "Do the orders still stand?" And the Vice President turned and whipped his neck around and said, "Of course the orders still stand. Have you heard anything to the contrary?"

Mineta stated that he did not know what the 'order' was because he wasn't there when it was made.

What was the order? NOT to intercept or shoot?

bogie

Electoral Member
Jun 21, 2002
Barrie, ON Canada
maltesefalcon.bogart.com

How credible is the source of any of this information? Hear-say can be distorted to suit the need of the media involved. While it might be accurate, you can never be sure.

It is obvious that disorganization, misinformation, and being "caught with their pants down", contributed to a mass of incoherent and hard-to-prove information "after the fact".

I am not defending a system, but pointing out the human frailty of it.

The terrorists took advantage of a weak and arrogant system of defense. After all, "Who would be able to attack us on American soil?!". Guess that was answered pretty well on 9/11.

Poor management, poor advisors, and a devastating result of such incompetence.

I am sure that even the terrorists were surprised by such success.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca

I am sure that even the terrorists were surprised by such success.

Yes the terrorists must have been quite surprised because they were given credit for a U.S. intelligence operation.

The irony.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

I just finished watching that flash movie... whew, more information to process. Guess what? Nothing adds up. Simple as that.

I like the last statement, "Standing on the shoulders of real heros and claiming victory for yourself." It's pretty obvious Bush manipulates everything (I do mean everything) to hoist himself up.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca

Yes the terrorists must have been quite surprised because they were given credit for a U.S. intelligence operation.

The ones most surprised were the suicide hijackers who were still alive the next day...

http://www.newsgateway.ca/hijackers_still_alive.htm

We can't forget the insider trading. Remember the markets are watched in real-time by the intel services to spot clues of events just like 9/11.

All the 9/11 commission said was it wasn't bin Laden. Then who reaped these billions of dollars on short selling these stocks?

Until 1997 A.B. "Buzzy" Krongard had been Chairman of the investment bank A.B. Brown. The shorts for UAL were placed by Deutsche Bank Alex Brown. Deutsche Bank was also the hub of insider trading activity connected to Munich Re. (world's largest re-insurancer) just before the attacks.

Krongard's job at the time of 9/11 -- Executive Director of the Central Intelligence Agency.

Another sidebar unexplored by the media...