Our dear world leaders...

Isengard

Electoral Member
This is an article written by a Montreal journalist, Richard Martineau, it shows you how absurd is the way our leaders do politics, how hypocrite they are. For those of you who can read french, here's the link:

http://voir.ca/actualite/ondesdechoc.aspx?iIDArticle=32416

I'll translate it for the others.

" Imagine

It is 3 in the morning. You're sleeping beside your wife. Suddenly, 4 army officers break through the door of your home and enter your bedroom. They take you out of bed, handcuff you and put a pillowcase on your head. While your children are screaming and your wife beseech your kidnappers to save your life, the officers hit you, destroy your house's furnitures and brutally throw you in the back of a truck.

They drive for an hour. You're not alone in the vehicle, the officers that took you away from your family had the order to kidnapp every man from the village between the age of 16 to 60 years old.

Once arrived to destination, they take you out of the truck and they take you to some basement. They put you down on your knees facing a wall and tell you that if you don't admit being a member of a terrorist group, they will shot you a bullet in the head. You hear your torturer loading his gun. You can feel the gun on the back of your neck...After the longest minute of your life, they order you to lay down face against the ground. They kick you in the ribs and hit you behind the head with the gun. Then they get you up and tie you on a wooden chair. They torture you with electrical wires or they asphyxiate you using a gas mask. When you faint, they wake you up by hitting you and start to torture you again.

After an hour of this game, they take you in the backyard, there they throw you in a hole in the ground. For 7 days, you lay in this 2 meters deep cell, beside you are 3 sick old man and 4 scared adolescents. For 7 days, your family has no news from you. For 7 days, everybody thinks you're dead.

5 times a day, they take you out of this hole to beat and torture you. After a week of this suffering, now that you're exhausted, an officer gives you back your ID and tells you to go home.

You go back home. You try to follow up with your normal life. And one day, while watching the tv, you see the president of your country, the one that authorized those illegal raids condemned by the UN and every human rights organisations, slowly drinking a glass of champagne in company of the free world leaders.

Welcome to Tchetchen Republic.

The end of the world.

Humanity terminus.

Hell's door.

For years, the Tchetchen Republic is beaten, raped, tortured, massacred. For years, organisations like Human Righs Watch and Amnesty International are publishing reports, accusing the russian army of the worst maltreatments. For years, everybody knows that Vladimir Putin is a criminal who has nothing to envy from Staline, from Idi Amin Dada or from Slobodan Milosevic.

Then, what is done? Nothing. Vladimir Putin is still considered a friend among the G8 leaders.

After that, we're wondering why things go wild...
"

I apologise if there are some mistakes in the translation, I did the best I could!

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
The translation was good Isengard :) I do believe it's time for the Western world to act against Putin. A year ago, I read the impressive book by French journalist Anne Nivat (don't know the exact name of the book anymore, the Chechen Labyrint or something like that), who spend months in Chechnya. It really makes you think about the dirty war going on there. To get an idea of the things happening in Chechnya, just click here.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Our dear world leader

Good link, Rick. You can also get HRW updates in your e-mail...all you have to do is ask. They accept donations too.

That article reveals what the press has chosen to ignore about Chechnya...that the terrorism goes both ways. It's odd how closely Russian tactics in Chechnya are so closely mirrored by US tactics in Iraq too...and how both Russia and the US are too arrogant to see that they are causing more problems than they are solving through the use of such methods.