Groveling Muslims: More RNC Dirty Tricks?

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
9/10/2004

Groveling Muslims: More RNC Dirty Tricks?

Filed under: Politics— Kurt @ 10:47 pm
Brenda Lee has nothing on the Muslims.

If you’re an old fart like me, you will remember Brenda’s 1960 hit, I’m Sorry. If we are to believe the Moonies over at the World Tribune, Muslims are spinning this tune right about now. It’s appropriate background music because they have finally apologized not only for killing some 3,000 people three years ago almost to the day in New York, but are also begging forgiveness for all the bad things done in the name of Islam (apparently siding with Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, and the evangelical Christians in the conviction that Muslims are “worse than the Nazis").

“What will it take for Muslims to realize that those who commit mass murder in the name of Islam are not just a few fringe elements?” the article, entitled “We are so sorry,” and posted on the Moonie World Tribune site, repentantly declares. “We are so sorry for all the victims of suicide bombings. We are so sorry for the beheadings, abductions, rapes, violent Jihad and all the atrocities committed by Muslims around the world. … We are so sorry for a religious education that raised killers rather than train people to do good in the world. We are sorry that we did not take the time to teach our children tolerance and respect for other people.”

If you want to read the entire text, go here: http://worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_12.html

Geez. Talk about taking the burden of the whole world – or at least the terrorist corner of the world – on your shoulders.

Of course, this is precisely the sort of thing a lot of people in America believe the Muslims should do – even those (say 99.9999%) who had nothing to do with Osama bin Laden or al-Qaeda: excoriate fellow Muslims, down to the last soul, and declare Islam to be a religion of serial murderers and child killers.

The World Tribune claims it grabbed this formal apology from the FreeMuslims.org web site. But when I punch this address in my browser I get an alert informing me the document contains no data. Repeated tries over a period of time produced the same result. A final attempt produced something more definitive – a timeout, or a transmission error.

For those of us who have plodded along on creaky 56k modems for years, we know the first message means we have reached a server that does not contain any web documents, or at least not an HTML index file. Either there never was a document on the server or it was removed. As for the timeout, it means there was a general connectivity problem.

Hmmmm. So much for the apology.

Maybe the Muslims had second thoughts? Or maybe one of those genius internet guru Muslim terrorists we hear so much about – for instance, Naeem Noor Khan, who turned out to be a stoolie – hacked the site and removed it.

But wait a minute. It gets even fishier.

After a WHOIS search, we discover that the FreeMuslims domain is not registered to an Iranian mullah or somebody with a Muslim surname but instead to one Jim Huber, “the founder of Huberspace, a web development company specializing in law firms, conservative campaigns and organizations,” according to Huberspace.net. “Before starting his firm, Jim honed his skills in political web development at Washington Webworks, LLC, where he designed sites for political campaigns and political organizations. A sample of clients include Elizabeth Dole for President, George Allen for Senate, Demaris Miller for Congress, Jay Katzen for Lieutenant Governor (Virginia), and the Republican National Committee.”

In other words, the FreeMuslim apology – or rather a demand that millions of Muslims apologize for something most of them have nothing to do with – was christened by a Republican who worked for Elizabeth Dole and the RNC.

Here’s the WHOIS info, as posted on WhatReallyHappened.com:

Registrant:
Free Muslim Coalition Against Terrorism

2560 Virginia Avenue, NW
Suite 171
Washington, District of Columbia 20037
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: FREEMUSLIMS.ORG
Created on: 21-Apr-04
Expires on: 21-Apr-08
Last Updated on: 02-May-04

Administrative Contact:
Huber, James huber@huberspace.net
704 Donaldson Ln., SW
Leesburg, Virginia 20175
United States
7037719368 Fax – 7037719368
Technical Contact:
Huber, James huber@huberspace.net
704 Donaldson Ln., SW
Leesburg, Virginia 20175
United States
7037719368 Fax – 7037719368

Domain servers in listed order:
NS.THEHOSTGROUP.COM
NS2.THEHOSTGROUP.COM

Go figure.

You’d think the Republicans would at least cover their tracks and find somebody with an Arab or Muslim name to register the FreeMuslim domain. Instead, Jim Huber, who is obviously an operative for the RNC, has his name attached to this site – a web site that does not return a page, even though the Moonies at the World Tribune provide a hyperlink right there at the top of the news story below a screaming headline. Even Matt Drudge, who posts a sort of National Enquirer for right-wingers, fell for this transparent scam.

I guess Republicans aren’t all that savvy when it comes to technology.

So, maybe the Muslims aren’t playing Brenda Lee. Maybe a lot of them are pissed. After all, who gave the alleged (and possibly non-existent) Muslims of the Free Muslim Coalition Against Terrorism – who are for some reason compelled to put up a web site that does not work – the permission to speak for 1,902,095,000 Muslims?

Oh, I almost forgot.

It was the Republican National Committee.

Addendum: As of 11:15 Mountain time, World Tribune put up the following explanation beside the link to the FreeMuslim site: “Site temporarily down due to traffic volume.” I guess that’s what happens when you get linked by Drudge and every other right-wing site (ecstatic over bogus Arab apologia).

http://kurtnimmo.com/blog/index.php?p=308

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Groveling Muslims: Mo

As a man who loves Marlboros and was raised in Saskatchewan, I'd like to apologise for the US and its Canadian collaborators.

I am so sorry for all the victims of shock and awe bombings with daisy cutters an DU weapons. I am so sorry for the beheadings, abductions, rapes, violent Jihad and all the atrocities committed around the world by members of the US military and instigated by their political masters. I am so sorry for a religious education that raised killers like George Bush rather than train people to do good in the world. I am sorry that we did not take the time to teach our children tolerance and respect for other people.

Since the story started out with Brenda Lee's "I'm Sorry", I guess we'll call this little bit, "Who's Sorry Now."