extremists?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
HA! You thought you were rid of me for awhile! We have come to town for grub....no starbucks here :cry: But an internet cafe :D Everbody else is checking their e-mails, what do I do I go to the board...distrubing! If I make typing errors so what! I am in a hurry.

This board has in many ways given me much food for thought. The issues talked about and the opinions I read here I can apply to life outside the borg. For instance, I would call myself part of a "movement" like someone would call themselves a muslim. I believe in this movement, you could say if I had a religion it would be the enviromental movement and the planet earth. But I can make comparsions in this movement to muslims.

Like muslims this movement has many splinter groups, some of these splinter groups operate on their own agenda, they operate in the shadows, and use violence and destruction of property, they have "zero tolerance" They are extremists, groups like Earth first and Paul watson types. Yet in the movement there are more Pacifists than extremists, you cannot paint the whole movement with one brush. I am a pacifist! and I find these types of groups and the people who operate in them corrupt the true meaning of the environmental movement. It must be the same for muslims.
Greenpeace adopted the cree legend Warriors of the Rainbow which refered to people of all colours and greeds working together to save this planet, not on the politics of confrontation, but sounding the ecological alarm bell, and waking the mass conciousness to this planets true predicment. Greenpeace does not have solutions or the resources to solve these problems,
everyone has to work together to try and solve them. I believe in non violent direct action, peaceful civil disobedience, that is why I really enjoyed reading throueau essay on civil disobedience. Truth has to matter, and science has to be respected for the knowledge it can bring to the debate.

I can make comparsions from both groups, the crimes themselves are no comparsion, but a extremist is what it is.

Oh No!!! do they have to play that song!! New order....1963! I love new order! its a real dancing tune, even tho its about murder!! my toe is tapping its moving up my leg...hey everybody toe is tapping around these computers...its moving up my leg...guess we are gonna have a little dance in this place....later board folks....I have protesting to tend to.... It was January 1963, when Johnny came home with a gift for me, he said I bought for you......I gotta dance...bye now

sparky

Nominee Member
Aug 31, 2004
mystery island
It is distrubing peapod that I have to come here to find out where you are. You do have real friends, or have you forgot about us. Please bring back pics of your fun and games :evil:

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
When ... a whole country is unjustly overrun and conquered by a foreign army, and subjected to military law, I think that it is not too soon for honest men to rebel and revolutionize. What makes this duty the more urgent is the fact that the country so overrun is not our own, but ours is the invading army.

Henry David Thoreau - "Civil Disobedience"- 1849

I used to donate to Greenpeace in the 80's. Are they still around?

Blue Monday the best Techno song yet written? No - Bizarre Love Triangle

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
okay, now i am really steaming! what gives here! first you go away without me, i hope you remembered to take that long machete. anyways, away you go, and now you are posting under the 'politics' board.

what thehell, i thought you were going on a vac??? what are you doing up there, raising a little hell i suppose. :twisted:

keep me posted with updates. please.

sparky

Nominee Member
Aug 31, 2004
mystery island
A big hi to you galianomama :) We have met at starbucks :) I am the one from campbell river. Yes I think peapod deserves a good spanking :evil: on second thought that sounds like to much fun :) She has probally run off with off of those hotties she is always flirting with at starbucks.