Fears of a Putin crackdown after terror attack on St Petersburg metro

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Their immigration policy is clearly propelling Sharia Law over there.

So who is to blame? No one has said officially. The BBC's Frank Gardner says suspicions will centre around Chechen nationalists or an Islamic State inspired group wanting payback for Putin's airstrikes in Syria. Or it could be a combination of both.

Putin has in the past justified crackdowns on civilian protests citing by citing the terror threat. But will he this time, and will it work?

At least one pro-Kremlin commentator has linked the attack to the recent mass demonstrations organised by Putin's political opponent.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Blaming hey?? Blame the city of London after the SOB ran over ppl with his car, or blame Paris after the SOB walked in Charlie Head shooting ppl at work, or the murder and mutilation of bodies in the Bataclan attach, or blaming Canada after the murder of Corporal Cirillo, why are ppl willing to go so far from reality. NO one is to blame except the killers themselves. There ideologies is their own, I have no ****#$ng idea what they believe or why they hate me, they are responsible for their own hatred and mental illness. I read about ppl blaming Bush after 9/11, Putin on the Russian attack!! To believe that Bush had planned and executed the twin towers attack is so insane, it's hard to believe ppl are that dense, WTF, a family man, and POTUS!! ppl go very far in their own hatred and insanity. Now blaming Putin for these latest terrorist attack is simply unfathomable.