Donald Trump, Justin Trudeau handshake memes: Truth behind ‘awkward’ photo

mentalfloss

Donald Trump, Justin Trudeau handshake memes: Truth behind ‘awkward’ photo

And all it takes is just one photo and a picture-perfect expression for the internet to work its magic.

Cue meme gold.

US President Donald Trump and Canadian Prime Minister Donald Trump became their own meme following what appeared to be at first glance a very awkward handshake.

But on closer inspection, all is not quite what it seems.

Donald Trump, Justin Trudeau handshake memes: Truth behind (external - login to view)

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
While on another hand Trudeau appeared to be exstatic and all smiles in other photos though

mentalfloss
Trudeau 1
Trump -1000000000

Seriously though, he nailed it.

Locutus
+5
#4  Top Rated Post
Trump grabs another pussy

Remington1
+3
I don't see it, but I commend the two men for their obvious respect for each others differences. From what we were able to see on television, Trudeau represented us well and I'm sure the Americans felt the same.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Trudeau hopes digits return from snake shake

Locutus
other than being a pretentious dick by switching to francais in the White House. perhaps it helps the pony mask his uh's, um's and other derps.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

other than being a pretentious dick by switching to francais in the White House. perhaps it helps the pony mask his uh's, um's and other derps.

Yur just jealous cuz you picked a Cheeto who can't read to be yur hero.

mentalfloss
+2

Trump grabs another pussy

Sean Spicer wasn't there.

Locutus
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Yur just jealous cuz you picked a Cheeto who can't read to be yur hero.

weak

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Sean Spicer wasn't there.

weaker

mentalfloss
+1

weak

weaker

Lame

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+3
It was quite interesting to see the CBC analysis of the body language of the meeting. Apparently Trudeau completely dominated the Dumpster physically.

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
+1
Lets hope that Trump doesnt clue in and take offence because even without NAFTA, Trump can still crush us in other ways...

Rob Merrifield: Trump (external - login to view)

Hoof Hearted

Locutus
thstop that mithter Trump!

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnnyView Post

Lets hope that Trump doesnt clue in and take offence because even without NAFTA, Trump can still crush us in other ways...

Rob Merrifield: Trump (external - login to view)

Canada also has a lower dollar advantage. Is the US likely to devalue its currency as well? Probably not; and the tax advantage Canada has is not as great as it seems due to the numerous special tax breaks granted to US corporations. For many of them this effectively lowers US corporate taxes by 10 to 15%.

Danbones
Free Thinker
i wonder if it was a so called Freudian slip
joe trudeau....joe stalin...joke obomba
ah.....the left behind

mentalfloss

thstop that mithter Trump!

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+2
I'd love to see Justin and Donald have a boxing match. That would be great. It would be so great, so great. People would get tired of the greatness

Remington1
+2
Well, Spicer referred to JT has 'Joe from Canada', how stupid and gauche is this man?? If he forgot Trudeau's name, as a man supposedly experienced in public speaking, he should have said " The Prime Minister of Canada". What is with these bozo's!! They keep giving SNL more and more material for free!!

Mowich
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Remington1View Post

Well, Spicer referred to JT has 'Joe from Canada', how stupid and gauche is this man?? If he forgot Trudeau's name, as a man supposedly experienced in public speaking, he should have said " The Prime Minister of Canada". What is with these bozo's!! They keep giving SNL more and more material for free!!

Whoever chose Spicer as Press Sec obviously didn't bother to find out if he was qualified for the job - so far it appears that he isn't.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1
He probably didn't know that Canada had a prime minister or even how to pronounce trudeau

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

He probably didn't know that Canada had a prime minister or even how to pronounce trudeau

And he should , Why exactly ? Americans aren't well known for their knowledge of other countries and their respective political systems . We are constantly reminded of the ignorant American on these threads daily .
You should feel smug in the knowledge that you are Canadian and far superior to any sad sack American .
And besides it is fun looking down your nose at those poor slobs .

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

And he should , Why exactly ?

Because he holds an important position in the administration and Canada is an important friend, ally and trading partner.

I should be astonished that I have to explain that but, not surprisingly, I'm not. I anticipated I would have to

lone wolf
Free Thinker

Twila
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

I'd love to see Justin and Donald have a boxing match. That would be great. It would be so great, so great. People would get tired of the greatness

Yuge, it'd be Yuge

Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

Whoever chose Spicer as Press Sec obviously didn't bother to find out if he was qualified for the job - so far it appears that he isn't.

so far it's looking like that's how you get a job with trump. As long as you know nothing about the job, you're hired. Remember? He wanted to drain the swamp? Seems he meant of people who know how to do the job.

Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

The look from our PM...priceless. It's like trump is trying to hand him a half eaten donut.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

i wonder if it was a so called Freudian slip
joe trudeau....joe stalin...joke obomba
ah.....the left behind

You are so right! Justin Trudeau is EXACTLY like Joe Stalin.

I can't tell them apart, either.

Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

The look from our PM...priceless. It's like trump is trying to hand him a half eaten donut.

That's because Trump really did just offer him a donut ... an alternate donut.

Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

And he should , Why exactly ? Americans aren't well known for their knowledge of other countries and their respective political systems.

... or very much else, for that matter.
[see: Sean Spicer and his extensive bank of knowledge.]

tay

mentalfloss
Extreme vetting.

Twila
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Extreme vetting.

for some it's just extreme venting.

no new posts