China military official says war with US 'becoming practical reality'

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
These peaches. They're so yummy.

War with the US under Donald Trump is “not just a slogan” and becoming a “practical reality”, a senior Chinese military official has said.

The remarks were published on the People’s Liberation Army website, apparently in response to the aggressive rhetoric towards China from America's new administration.

They communicated a view from inside the Central Military Commission, which has overall authority of China’s armed forces.

Quoted in the South China Morning Post, the official from the Commission’s Defence Mobilisation Department wrote: “A war ‘within the president’s term’ or ‘war breaking out tonight’ are not just slogans, they are becoming a practical reality.”

The official also called for military deployments in the tense South and East China Seas and for a missile defence system to guard the Korean peninsula, another regional hotspot, the Post reported.

The US should also reconsider its strategy in the Asia-Pacific region, the official wrote.

China military official says war with US under Donald Trump 'becoming practical reality' | The Independent

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I like the fact that these other nation's are blasting back the rhetoric. They're all in panic mode about the new perceived bully in the White house. Many of these rogue countries only understand 'the hammer' and will eventually acquiesce when faced with a bigger pen!s on the boardroom table.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Good. Wipe those undercutting scabs right off the face of the earth.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Question for you mf. Who writes your topic headlines? China military official - really? Is that someone who officially oversees the selection of dinner plates for the mess?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I like the fact that these other nation's are blasting back the rhetoric. They're all in panic mode about the new perceived bully in the White house. Many of these rogue countries only understand 'the hammer' and will eventually acquiesce when faced with a bigger pen!s on the boardroom table.

Yup. True enough. Some day, the Americans will pick on the wrong country... the "big dick" one. In my lifetime, the United States has had very few victories but the defeats and stalemates haven't matter much. They haven't picked on a superpower yet, though.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yup. True enough. Some day, the Americans will pick on the wrong country... the "big dick" one. In my lifetime, the United States has had very few victories but the defeats and stalemates haven't matter much. They haven't picked on a superpower yet, though.

^

#stolenvalor