The UN blinked, and let The Rebel in to the global warming conference!

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
why are we still in this un-thing fer fukksake.

anyway kids, here's the good news:

Remember Nick Nuttall? He was the UN censor who tried to keep me and the Rebel team from getting press accreditation to report on the climate change conference in Marrakech.

Nuttall said we had the wrong opinions about global warming.

Well, we pushed back. We raised a fuss — more than 10,000 Canadians signed a petition demanding that the UN let us in. Even Canada’s environment minister grudgingly asked them to stop being so much like Iran, and start being a bit more like Canada.

Well I’m thrilled to say that today, they agreed to let our whole Rebel team into the conference.

We spent a hundred hours fighting against that censor — including spending approximately $5,000 on lawyers.

We’re finally in the conference, doing reporting that no other journalists would do — including sitting down with Nuttall face to face and trying to find out why the Rebel was really almost barred from the event.

On camera, Nick Nuttall tried to sound so reasonable.

But for more than a month he has been ignoring our letters and smearing us on CBC radio. He only did the right thing after all of his other attempts to blacklist us were exhausted.

PS: You can WATCH my first report here.

We'll be reporting from Marrakech all week, taking you behind the UN curtain.

Facing off with UN censor Nick Nuttall at the Marrakech climate conference - The Rebel