EU is finished, it will do deal on OUR terms

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The apparent weakness of the UK between the devil and the deep blue sea is, in fact, our greatest strength.

The stricken EU needs us far more than we need it.

It needs our trade. It needs our soft power and our military power, our security skills and our respected place at the world’s top table.

It needs a deal.

Ill-judged threats of reprisal and retaliation from the likes of “Drunken” Juncker are pure bluff. The resolute Theresa May needs to be ready to call that bluff....

EU is finished, it will do deal on OUR terms but ‘resolute leader’ Theresa May needs to call its threats of reprisals bluff

Brexit means Brexit - what made Brits vote Leave was the desire to retake control over our borders, not 'some control'

By TREVOR KAVANAGH
19th September 2016
The Sun

THERESA MAY’S unique selling point is her reputation as a resolute leader who knows her mind.

She may be secretive and unexciting but she thinks things through and her decision, once made, is final.

EU is finished . . . we need to call its threats bluff

Well, so far, it hasn’t quite worked out that way. Downing Street’s trumpet has an uncertain sound.

After the EU referendum propelled her to power, Mrs May won applause across the parties for declaring “Brexit means Brexit”.

She showed steel over China’s bid to build the Hinkley Point nuclear plant.

Theresa May’s selling point was her resolution . . . we need to see that now

And she delighted grassroots Tories — and working-class Labour — by championing the rebirth of grammar schools.

Then, in one week, our new PM was outclassed on grammars by Labour dud Jeremy Corbyn, surrendered to China over the nuke deal and allowed ministers to suggest Brexit might mean almost anything.

None of this would matter if we had a clear Downing Street route map.

The reverse seems the case. Mr Corbyn may be a grammar school-educated hypocrite but he got the best of Mrs May in a fight she picked.

PM was outclassed on grammars by Labour dud Jeremy Corbyn

Corbyn got the best of May . . . in a fight she picked

Beijing won Hinkley Point despite strong advice from UK spymasters already alarmed by the spread of Chinese CCTV in our airports and high streets.

And as The Sun’s James Forsyth revealed on Saturday, her Cabinet is at odds over the biggest issue of all . . . what does Brexit actually mean?

The squabble over what Brexit minister David Davis describes as “the most complicated negotiation of all time” centres on our membership of the EU single market.

But the spectre haunting Britain, and indeed the entire European electorate, is the single market’s non-negotiable insistence on free movement of people — mass immigration.

Forget about tariffs, quotas and terms of trade, vital though they certainly are.

Fix up . . . May surrendered to China over the nuke deal

What made 17million Brits vote Out on June 23 was the desire to retake control over our borders. Not “some control” as Mrs May now suggests. Control means CONTROL.

Anything less than a big cut in numbers will be seen as a betrayal.

It will also dismay those European voters who see Britain as a cheerleader for ordinary citizens against high-handed Brussels officials, led by unelected European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker.

They are sick of seeing millions pouring across their borders, with millions more waiting to follow.

They are tired of uninvited newcomers defiantly staking their claim to a European identity and the welfare benefits that go with it.

And with youth unemployment at crisis levels, the last thing they want is more cheap labour.

Mass immigration dominated last week’s EU summit in Bratislava, where leaders turned on Angela Merkel for arrogantly offering millions a European home.

Her own voters might seize their chance at next year’s elections by booting the German Chancellor out of power.

The same goes for French President Francois Hollande, who faces the polls with the lowest rating of any French leader since Louis XVI was guillotined in 1793.

The Bratislava summit was so bitterly divided over immigration and the catastrophic euro that Italy’s Prime Minister Matteo Renzi refused to join the closing press conference.

EU leaders turned on Angela Merkel for offering millions a European home

Europe is teetering on the brink. Jean-Claude Juncker has lost all credibility and authority.

Hungary and Poland refuse point blank to take Muslim migrants. Voters everywhere are on the march.

It is not impossible the entire EU structure will have collapsed in the two years before Brexit.

The debate over tariffs and trade could be eclipsed by a real-time revolution which brings the creaking “Grand Projet” to its knees.

The apparent weakness of the UK between the devil and the deep blue sea is, in fact, our greatest strength.

Merkel and French President Francois Hollande face the chop

The stricken EU needs us far more than we need it.

It needs our trade. It needs our soft power and our military power, our security skills and our respected place at the world’s top table.

It needs a deal.

Ill-judged threats of reprisal and retaliation from the likes of “Drunken” Juncker are pure bluff. The resolute Theresa May needs to be ready to call that bluff.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18077...needs-to-call-its-threats-of-reprisals-bluff/

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The continentals need to realise that Britain is now the top dog in Europe (again) and they are going to be dancing to Britain's tune.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The continentals need to realise that Britain is now the top dog in Europe (again) and they are going to be dancing to Britain's tune.

My advice?

Launch an air-sea attack against Ireland first while securing the West coast of the UK. Then negotiate a peace deal with the EU.

Once things calm down, have Royal Marine Commandos attack the UK disguised as Dutch forces, plaster it on the news, and take the Netherlands down. while crying high and loud that the UK has the right to defend itself against foreign invasions. Then take German in the same way, followed by Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland.

Make a free trade deal with Russia and a military alliance too. Maybe even allow Russians to enter and work in British occupied territory without a visa. The Russians will be on side.

From there on in, Europe is yours and Russia's. Share it evenly.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
My advice?

Launch an air-sea attack against Ireland first while securing the West coast of the UK. Then negotiate a peace deal with the EU.

Once things calm down, have Royal Marine Commandos attack the UK disguised as Dutch forces, plaster it on the news, and take the Netherlands down. while crying high and loud that the UK has the right to defend itself against foreign invasions. Then take German in the same way, followed by Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland.

Make a free trade deal with Russia and a military alliance too. Maybe even allow Russians to enter and work in British occupied territory without a visa. The Russians will be on side.

From there on in, Europe is yours and Russia's. Share it evenly.

I think you've been smoking too much Rastafarian Old Holborn, mate.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
People got fed up with their elected officials who have for years ignored their opinion and followed their own ideologies. For years, Britain's have had a handful of people making decisions they deplored; changing the face of Britain. Groups that have very very different view of British rights have been allowed to create nations inside of Britain, and they are adamantly trying to change Britain laws on education, homosexuality, woman obedience, polygamy, paying taxes, freedom to choose (and this one has many, alcohol-woman being attack for dressing too British- drunks, etc) - so the 'exit' was no surprise. People and their government had become opponents. The question is do you have to change your country for the will of another countries citizens, the answer to me is NO. Doesn't matter where anybody decides to migrate to, you have to adapts or if you can't, then maybe try another country that meets your expectations of life. JT better watch out, he's where Britain was a few decades ago, in his 'love everybody', accepts and accommodate everybody!! I have a feeling Canadians might not embrace this for too long.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I enjoy British literature. It's the politics that leave much to be desired...

Politics is what's hurting them. I believe that their time in the sun has passed. Like other empires, they peaked, but their own internal problems have caused them to fall.

Mercifully, they are walling themselves in (and paying for it too :) ). It's another sign of their decline. Some will object to my observations, so I'll defer to the rest of the planet. Few countries look at them positively as they did in the past.

I honestly cannot see them being worth much to the world within a few years.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Politics is what's hurting them. I believe that their time in the sun has passed. Like other empires, they peaked, but their own internal problems have caused them to fall.

Mercifully, they are walling themselves in (and paying for it too :) ). It's another sign of their decline. Some will object to my observations, so I'll defer to the rest of the planet. Few countries look at them positively as they did in the past.

I honestly cannot see them being worth much to the world within a few years.

As a multilingual myself, I can say that British literature, whether in the original English language or in translation, is very much enjoyed worldwide and I'm sure Britain's literary influence will live on long after the UK's political demise.

But yes, it's the usual historical trend. A state on the rise opens its borders, fuses with other states into a larger federation, etc. A state in decline breaks away, isolates itself, etc.

If the UK wants to remain relecant, it would make sense for it to remain in the EU. However, if it insists on leaving the EU, its next best option might be to buuild closer ties to the Commonwealth. But if it just isolates itself like North Korea, it'll look like North Korea too.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
That is my opinion of what is happening there.

In nature, we see this from time to time. One species invades another's territory and either displaces it or kills it off completely. While certainly not just a British problem, it would appear that Europe is experiencing a similar episode, with hundreds of thousands leaving the Middle East for Europe.

Too much, too fast leads to bedlam.

Although I am loathe to use newspapers as reliable source to back my assertions, the statistics come from various governments.

Europe's migration crisis: how many people are on the move? - Telegraph

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
THE SUN SAYS Theresa May is showing EU elites who’s boss with her confidence about a successful Brexit

EU chiefs won't deter us from leaving and when the time comes they will agree to the right deal for Britain

by The Sun
20th September 2016

WE are delighted by Theresa May’s assured defiance against the blowhards in Brussels.

She is right. It is in everyone’s interests to make Brexit work. For us and them.

Theresa is right to keep her cool assured attitude about Brexit – EU chiefs talk tough, but in the end they will make sure the deal works for them and us

EU chiefs are hardballing to deter anyone else tempted to abandon the sinking ship. They even hope to make our negotiations so complex and “painful” that we simply give up on leaving.

Are they really that dumb? How do they imagine that could happen? That our PM would suddenly announce to 17.4million Leave voters: “As you were. It’s all too hard. Can’t do it. Soz.”

We can think of few greater threats to our peace and stability.

Lib Dem leader Tim Farron is desperate for a second referendum so he can keep us in by the back door – but he should listen to fellow Lib Dem Vince Cable, who says it would be disrespectful

The biggest mandate in British polling history was a decision, not a suggestion.

The Government vowed beforehand to “implement what you decide” and so it will. It is good to see more and more politicians finally grasp this.

Not the Lib Dems, of course. They still crave a second referendum on the Brexit deal — as a ruse to campaign to stay in regardless.

Labour MP Rachel Reeves understands that although she voted remain, it’s now her party’s duty to fall in line and ensure immigration is the red line in Brexit talks

They should take the advice of party grandee Vince Cable who calls that “disrespectful” of voters.

Or Labour MP Rachel Reeves, a Remainer who accepts her party should “heed the result” and make ending free movement “a red line” in negotiations.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18149...ith-her-confidence-about-a-successful-brexit/