Pentagon Threatens to Down Russian and Syrian Planes

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Pentagon Threatens to Down Russian and Syrian Planes

Syrian land and airspace are sovereign state territory. No foreign power may deny its military or other aircraft from operating anywhere within its borders – or Russian planes and ground personnel invited by its government.
America and its rogue partners operate illegally in Syria. On the phony pretext of combating ISIS, they’re waging war on its government, terror-bombing selected targets, using terrorists called “moderate rebels” as imperial foot soldiers on the ground.

After a near confrontation between Syrian and US aircraft last week in territory where American special forces operate on the ground aiding terrorist fighters, Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook outrageously said “(w)e would advise the Syrian regime to steer clear of those areas.”

In other words, don’t attack US-supported death squads killing Syrian civilian and military personnel.

“We are going to defend our people on the ground, and do what we need to defend them,” Cook stressed. Claiming an illegally imposed US de facto no-fly zone isn’t one, Cook added “the Syrian regime would be wise to avoid areas where coalition forces have been operating.”

He threatened Russia, saying “(i)f they threaten US forces, we always have the right to defend” them.”

Last Friday, Pentagon spokesman Capt. Jeff Davis said two Syrian Su-24 warplanes attacked Kurdish forces training with US Special Operations troops. They left the area before US aircraft intercepted them.
In response, a Syrian Army General Command statement said Kurdish forces were “attacking state institutions, stealing oil and cotton, obstructing exams, kidnapping unarmed civilians and spreading chaos and instability.”
Last Saturday, commander of US forces in Syria and Iraq General Stephen Townsend threatened Russia and Syria, saying “we will defend ourselves if we feel threatened.”
During a Monday Security Council session, Syrian UN envoy Bashar al-Jaafari blasted nations claiming to be “friends of the Syrian people” while supporting terrorist elements massacring them.
He criticized UN General-Secretariat reports, willfully falsifying facts on the humanitarian situation. He denounced characterizing foreign-supported terrorists as “armed opposition” elements.
He stressed conflict won’t end until terrorism is defeated, its backers ceasing to support it. His government granted no permission for the US-led “international alliance” to operate in Syrian territory – in its airspace or on the ground.
He explained US warplanes destroyed a power plant supplying Aleppo with electricity. So-called “friends of the Syrian people” are its worst enemies.
Instead of combating terrorism, they support it. Millions of suffering Syrians attest to their barbarity.
Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago.

His new book as editor and contributor is titled “Flashpoint in Ukraine: How the US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III.”

Visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com.
Listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network
The original source of this article is Global Research
Copyright © Stephen Lendman, Global Research, 2016

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I wonder when TPTB get arround to announcing this global war. I don't think anyone should wait for the official word since it is plainly two decades late in coming already.

I would love to see a head-to-head dogfight between our guys and the Russians.

You mean your guys perhaps? Anyway I don't think the outcome of any such engagement is in much doubt.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I would love to see a head-to-head dogfight between our guys and the Russians.

The SUK series and MIG fighters far outclass anything the US can presently put in the air. I would suspect the Russian pilots are a lot better too. The US personnel have no idea what it's like to actually face a well armed and well trained opponent. The last time they faced anyone even half as well off as the Soviets was in Vietnam and look what happened there so I agree...I want to see the Americans get their a$$es handed to them and put in their place.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
The war in Syria and Libia and anywhere for that matter is lead by the Saudi's they are the puppet masters in all of this.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Yemen has invaded twenty kilometers into Saudi Arabia sunk many Suadi ships and overrun many Saudi military bases. The region is covered with burnt out saudi armor.

Saudi's rent security forces from other countries. All they own themselves is a Air Force

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
The SUK series and MIG fighters far outclass anything the US can presently put in the air. I would suspect the Russian pilots are a lot better too. The US personnel have no idea what it's like to actually face a well armed and well trained opponent. The last time they faced anyone even half as well off as the Soviets was in Vietnam and look what happened there so I agree...I want to see the Americans get their a$$es handed to them and put in their place.

That's what most of the experts say as well.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The war in Syria and Libia and anywhere for that matter is lead by the Saudi's they are the puppet masters in all of this.
the sauds?
the ones installed by British oil???
"Why Britain created monarchies in the Middle East"
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/08/why-britain-created-monarchies-middle-east
lol

I like the american way of keeping a pilot brave
If you eject the seat breaks your neck
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...w-350billion-stealth-fighter-break-necks.html