Gay Sauna , ‘Too Close to Mosque… Caused Widespread Offence’

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A Conservative Party Police and Crime Commissioner has blocked a licence for a gay sauna – because the location is too close to a mosque, which she said might cause “policing issues”.

The sauna’s owners withdrew the application after receiving a barrage of homophobic abuse from the local Muslim community.

Greenhouse Health Club in Luton has been operating for 18 years, but an application lodged by its owners for an entertainment license, which would allow them to sell sex toys and screen adult films, sparked fierce opposition from the local community – championed by Bedfordshire PPC Kathryn Holloway, a former TV presenter.

The club is situated just five minutes from a major Luton mosque, and after meeting with local Muslims Mrs. Holloway decided that this was just too close for comfort.

In a letter of objection sent to Luton Borough Council (LBC), she said that the application had caused “widespread offence and very deep concern,” and warned that if it permission was granted “a number of potential policing issues may arise” due to the sauna’s proximity to a “very significant Luton mosque”.

mo

Police Commissioner Bans Gay Sauna, 'Too Close to Mosque... Caused Widespread Offence'

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
So much for freedom.

It is quite ironic that the same folks denying this permit are the ones espousing acceptance of others (ie the Muslims).

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Good evidence in my argument Politically Correct is not based on logic, and is simply a fashion Trend as what's acceptable at the moment.

Here we have two politically Correct issues colliding, and we all feel lost, without a logical road map of what had priority over the other.

Squeaky wheel gets the oil I guess.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Good way for the Conservatives to block it. Invent a reason that blames Muslims (and political correctness).

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
If it's not inside the mosque I don't see the issue!! or if the building is not owned by the mosque, then why is it their business or the Conservative or even worst, why the hell is 'Crime Commissioner' involved?? Is this sauna a criminal front?? If not, Bye bye democracy.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Hey, my kid belongs to a big Rugby club called "Crusaders" which is 500 meters down he road from a Mosque that is under construction. Crusaders has been there decades longer but I'm just waiting for a delegation from the Mosque to turn up at the club house claiming that they find the sign offensive. Sure hope to be there when they try that on a club full of Aussie, Kiwi, Brit, South African and Canadian Rugby players.

How do you say:" Get fukced, moron" in Arabic?

You there, Sesame?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
There is a pecking order in the world of PC

mosques > gay saunas

We're just kicking the can down the road folks. Let our grand kids deal with it.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
after they heard about the license being blocked they said saunava bitch! ;)

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
So it's alright for Muslims to be offended by a gay sauna and for the authorities not to, therefore, build it so as not to cause offence, but it's not alright for Christians and others to be offended by gay things, because that's "homophobic?"

If a local church objected to a gay sauna the police would have investigated it for "hate crime" and the gay sauna would, of course, have been built anyway regardless of the sensibilities and beliefs of the local Christians.

But a proposed gay saune next to a mosque would cause “widespread offence and very deep concern" and, therefore, it isn't built.

Again, it seems like it's one rule for Muslims an d another for everybody else.

If it's not inside the mosque I don't see the issue!! or if the building is not owned by the mosque, then why is it their business or the Conservative or even worst, why the hell is 'Crime Commissioner' involved?? Is this sauna a criminal front?? If not, Bye bye democracy.

Well each county - or, to be more precise, each police force - in England and Wales, such as Greater Manchester Police, South Yorkshire Police, Nottinghamshire Police, Hampshire Police, has its own Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) who is elected by the public (Greater Manchester's is Tony Lloyd; South Yorkshire's is Alan billings; Nottinghamshire's is Paddy Tipping; and Hampshire's is Michael Lane). Many people see them as useless and wonder exactly what their exact purpose is, so maybe Bedfordshire's PCC Kathryn Holloway is trying to justify her pay cheque and maybe try and make it look as though she's actually doing something.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
So it's alright for Muslims to be offended by a gay sauna and for the authorities not to, therefore, build it so as not to cause offence, but it's not alright for Christians and others to be offended by gay things, because that's "homophobic?"

If a local church objected to a gay sauna the police would have investigated it for "hate crime" and the gay sauna would, of course, have been built anyway regardless of the sensibilities and beliefs of the local Christians.

But a proposed gay saune next to a mosque would cause “widespread offence and very deep concern" and, therefore, it isn't built.

Again, it seems like it's one rule for Muslims an d another for everybody else.

When you give women the right to vote, this is the result. :lol:

Fashion Trend politics.

And remember, they don't give a **** if a white male is offended.

PC Is pure feminism at work.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
When you give women the right to vote, this is the result. :lol:

Fashion Trend politics.

Women's suffrage was one of the great mistakes in society.

It's also no coincidence that universities have become left-wing, politically correct cesspits where free speech is intolerated now that they have become massively feminised with more female than male students.

And remember, they don't give a **** if a white male is offended.

Especially if the white male is Christian (Protestant), hetrosexual and able-bodied.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I could not care less about Islam or their Mosques but , that being said don't you fukks have some kind of zoning laws? What do you have gay bars or strip clubs in residential areas too?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Being cynical, I think the politician may have framed his own objections on one of the complainants about the project he received. This way it is not him objecting butt the other group. I am sure there were also other objections. Most people will object to anything in their neighbourhood that is not a school or another house identical to theirs.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

It's also no coincidence that universities have become left-wing, politically correct cesspits where free speech is intolerated now that they have become massively feminised with more female than male students.

Especially if the white male is Christian (Protestant), hetrosexual and able-bodied.

I guess once we all convert to Islam, women will be put back in their place.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars

Maybe you should study and convert to Confucianism Blacklump they consider females to be at the bottom level of the ideal societal order like you do. You can change your name to Won Hung Lo.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I guess once we all convert to Islam, women will be put back in their place.

Britain will be an island of Christendom off an Islamic mainland. The English resisted the Armada. The British resisted Old Boney and Adolf. We'll also resist the Islamic hordes.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Britain will be an island of Christendom off an Islamic mainland. The English resisted the Armada. The British resisted Old Boney and Adolf. We'll also resist the Islamic hordes.

I don't think there are any males left in Briton to defend it from the Islamic hordes. Think the feminist will will defend it?