Is this the world's maddest Leftie website?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Welcome to the mad world of The Canary. If you don't already read it, then you must...

Great news for Corbynistas... it’s the maddest Left-wing website in the world

How The Canary is boldly taking on the combined forces of the Tories, the media, and reality.

Jeremy Corbyn, the man who Left-wing website The Canary says has ‘annihilated’ David Cameron Photo: Jonathan Brady/PA

By Michael Deacon
26 Feb 2016
The Telegraph
219 Comments

Normally I’d hesitate to plug a rival news organisation, but in this case I can’t resist. If you don’t already read The Canary, you really must.

The Canary is a new Left-wing website created to break stories that the lying Tory mainstream media is too scared to publish. I first encountered it when it ran the following headline.

“Corbyn Wins 18 Elections By a Landslide... the Media’s Silence is Deafening.”

I read the story. The headline, it turned out, referred to the gain of 18 seats “on regional boards and Young Labour’s national committee” by candidates who happened to like Jeremy Corbyn. The Canary was furiously demanding to know why this news hadn’t led the BBC bulletins.

The turn-out in these elections, incidentally, was 3.5 per cent. Undeterred, The Canary said they proved “young people do vote”.

This Left-Wing Website Just Made A Telegraph Caption Writer Choke On Her Felafel Photo: TMG/The Canary

With mounting awe, I scrolled through their other headlines.

“The Establishment Media Just Went into Full Panic Mode Over Corbyn’s Victory at PMQs… Corbyn Just Annihilated Cameron... Corbyn Annihilates Cameron in Their Most Dramatic PMQs Showdown Yet... The West Fights on the Side of Extremism, But Russia is Making Peace a Possibility…”

If this is a spoof, it’s brilliant. But if it isn’t, it’s even better.

Great news for Corbynistas... it’s the maddest Left-wing website in the world - Telegraph