Election 2015: Nigel Farage pledges 'a low tax revolution'

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
UKIP would make working people better off through a "low-tax revolution", leader Nigel Farage has said as he launched his party's election manifesto at a hotel in Thurrock, Essex today with 22 days to go until polling day on 7th May.

It would keep workers on the minimum wage out of tax, raise the 40p tax rate threshold to £55,000, introduce a new 30p tax band and scrap inheritance tax.

He said UKIP was the only party with a "credible plan" for immigration and a positive vision for the country.

The Conservatives have said there is a "£37bn black hole" in UKIP's proposals.

But Mr Farage, who is also the Ukip MEP for South East England and is the Ukip candidate for South Thanet in Kent at the election, said his was the only party with fully costed plans, which have been verified by independent economic think tank, The Centre for Economic and Business Research.

The party's proposals also include an increase of up to £3bn extra a year in NHS funding, a commitment to spend 2% of GDP on defence and look to actually increase it "substantially", a five-year ban on unskilled immigration,
a cut to foreign aid by £9bn and an amendment to the smoking ban so pubs can offer a separate room for smokers.

UKIP, which wants to quit the EU, has said it will hold an in/out referendum "as soon as possible" in the next Parliament.

Mr Farage said his was the only party which had the "self confidence and belief in the nation" that the UK should govern itself, make its own laws and negotiate its own international trade deals.

Election 2015: Nigel Farage pledges 'a low tax revolution'

22 days to go

BBC News
15 April 2015

UKIP leader Nigel Farage said the party was putting forward 'a big tax give away' during today's manifesto launch

UKIP would make working people better off through a "low-tax revolution", Nigel Farage has said as he launched his party's election manifesto.

It would keep workers on the minimum wage out of tax, raise the 40p tax rate threshold to £55,000, introduce a new 30p tax band and scrap inheritance tax.

He said UKIP was the only party with a "credible plan" for immigration and a positive vision for the country.

The Conservatives have said there is a "£37bn black hole" in UKIP's proposals.

But Mr Farage said his was the only party with fully costed plans, which have been verified by independent economic think tank, The Centre for Economic and Business Research.

The party's proposals also include an increase of up to £3bn extra a year in NHS funding, a commitment to spend 2% of GDP on defence and a five-year ban on unskilled immigration.

UKIP, which wants to quit the EU, has said it will hold an in/out referendum "as soon as possible" in the next Parliament.

Mr Farage said his was the only party which had the "self confidence and belief in the nation" that the UK should govern itself, make its own laws and negotiate its own international trade deals.

'Big tax giveaway'

Manifesto launch: Nigel Farage unveils the document at a hotel in Thurrock, Essex today (Picture: Getty)

Setting out the party's election offerings at a hotel in Thurrock, Essex, the UKIP leader said politics had become dominated by giant corporate business interests while ordinary people had been "left behind" with "nobody to speak for them".

But he added: "UKIP has a plan, we genuinely want to make working people better off. And we will do that by leading the charge and making the argument for a low tax revolution.

"We genuinely want to make work pay and for people to have incentives to do better. And we believe that will unleash a kind of economic dynamism that has not been seen in this country in a long time."

Mr Farage said he was proposing an £18bn "big tax giveaway", paid for by cutting £32bn a year from government spending.

This would including cutting foreign aid spending, leaving the EU, scrapping the HS2 rail link and changing the Barnett funding formula for the UK nations (which would, for example, see a cut to Scotland's share).

UKIP's policies also include:

Introducing a points-based immigration system
Funding 6,000 new jobs for armed forces veterans, in the police, the prison service and at the UK border
Cutting foreign aid by £9bn
Scrapping hospital parking charges
A new 30p tax band for those earning between £45,000 and £55,000 a year
Removing stamp duty on the first £250,000 for new homes built on brownfield sites
A cut in business rates for small businesses

On immigration, Mr Farage said the only way for the UK to control its borders was by leaving the European Union.

Dismissing the Conservatives' approach for a renegotiation of Britain's terms of membership of the 28-member bloc, Mr Farage said there was "no third way".

"We want our country back, and then and only then can we actually control our borders," he told the gathered media and party supporters.

The party is proposing an Australian-style points-based immigration system, which the party leader said would be ethical, fair and in the interests of the UK.

Foreign criminals would not be allowed into the country and all migrants would need to have insurance to access the health system, Mr Farage said.

Migrants would not be allowed to claim benefits in the UK unless they had paid into the system for five years and obeyed the law, under UKIP's plans.

UKIP is also pledging to:

Make it a criminal offence to cold call someone in respect of pension arrangements
End sex education for primary school children
Make First Aid training part of the national curriculum
Amend the smoking ban so pubs can offer a separate room for smokers
Hold a national referendum every two years on the most popular petition with over two million signatures
Restrict postal votes to those with a valid reason to have one

The resulting "big reduction in numbers" coming to the UK would relieve pressure on schools, hospitals and houses, said Mr Farage.

A Conservative spokesman said UKIP's numbers did not "add up", adding: "We all know that Nigel Farage doesn't have a credible plan for Britain - he just makes it up as he goes along."

Labour shadow minister Jon Trickett said: "UKIP have confirmed that they are a party which stands for a privileged few. UKIP are a party of Tory policies, Tory people and Tory money."

Suzanne Evans, Ukip's Deputy Chairman and one of the North West of England's three Ukip MEPs, wrote the manifesto and said UKIP was "the only party with the money"

Green Party leader Natalie Bennett said UKIP's environmental policies were "an insult to the many people across the globe already suffering the effects of climate change".

Earlier, UKIP's campaign chief Suzanne Evans told BBC Radio 4's Today programme all of the figures had been independently verified by economic think tank, The Centre for Economic and Business Research.

The manifesto launch came as one of the party's senior figures, immigration and economic spokesman Steven Woolfe (below), admitted to disagreements with Ms Evans over the party's immigration policies.

Mr Woolfe confirmed to BBC Radio 5 live Breakfast reports in the Telegraph he said Ms Evans "didn't seem to understand" the policies were true, but that he had made the comments "weeks ago" and he was now "absolutely onboard" with his colleague.

Despite a slight dip in some recent polls, UKIP has been polling ahead of the Liberal Democrats and is hoping to add to the two MPs it gained in by-elections following defections from the Conservatives.

KEY PRIORITIES

Main pledges

Rapid referendum on Britain’s membership of the European Union

Control immigration with points system, limit of 50,000 skilled workers a year and a five-year ban on unskilled immigration

Extra £3bn a year for the NHS in England

No tax on the minimum wage

Meet Nato target of spending 2% of GDP on defence, and look to increase it “substantially”

Analysis by UKIP campaign correspondent Robin Brant

There are some catchy phrases UKIP wants you to remember from the manifesto launch: their campaign slogan "believe in Britain".

Their new take on immigration, it's about "space not race".

But the big takeaway, as they say in marketing circles, is this: "fully costed".

The manifesto has been given the once over by the independent Centre for Economics and Business Research and it all adds up, apparently.

UKIP commissioned the CEBR to sign off on the sums because it believes credibility is the final link in the chain.

Trying to prove it's serious about cutting and spending is the final answer to years of one-trick-pony, one-man-band accusations.

It may matter to wavering voters - disillusioned Tories or disconnected Labour supporters - who are seriously thinking about going purple.

The irony is it's almost an irrelevance for UKIP devotees.

They don't like the party because of its broad range of "fully costed" policies.

They like it because of the man whose photo features on page three. To them, UKIP is Nigel Farage.

The first test of this manifesto is whether it does indeed add up. But after that it will be judged on whether it can take the party beyond the devotees who filled the upstairs room in an Essex hotel by the M25 this morning and persuade others to vote UKIP.

* Subscribe to the BBC Election 2015 newsletter to get a round-up of the day's campaign news sent to your inbox every weekday afternoon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32312687

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
With the release of their manifesto yesterday, Ukip have shown that they really ARE the common sense party.....

STEPHEN GLOVER: There's hardly a word I disagree with in Ukip's manifesto. And I know the other parties are lying to me. But...

By Stephen Glover for the Daily Mail
16 April 2015
Daily Mail

Pretty commonsensical document: Ukip leader Nigel Farage yesterday during the manifesto launch

More lies have been told by politicians in this election campaign than in any I can remember.

One of them - repeated ad nauseam by Labour and Lib Dem spokesmen, and insinuated, I regret to say, by the Tories - is that Ukip are a bunch of extremist and virtually fascist lunatics.

If anyone bothered to read the party’s manifesto, which was launched yesterday, they would be forced to come to a different conclusion.

I would wager quite a lot of money that most Tory and many Labour voters would agree with much of what is generally a pretty common-sensical document, as well as a humane one.

Ukip would cut tax for the poorest workers and the hard-pressed middle classes. The party undertakes to reduce immigration - which is what the vast majority of the electorate wants - while pointing out honestly that this can’t be done unless we leave the EU and regain control of our borders. An early in-out referendum is promised.

The manifesto makes a commitment to spending 2 per cent of national output on defence - a pledge conspicuously evaded by the three main parties. Insisting it is ‘morally wrong that five independent fee-paying schools should send more students to Oxbridge than the worst performing 2,000 secondary schools combined’, Ukip says it will revive grammar schools.

An extra £3 billion a year is promised for the NHS in England and Wales, and - a small but welcome undertaking - hospital parking charges would be ended. The party says it will scrap the ‘bedroom tax’, which it claims (perhaps wrongly) is ‘clearly unfair and is not working’.

Shot at glory: Mr Farage - pictured during a visit to the Futures for Heroes centre near Sandwich in Kent yesterday - is an engaging character who by his own admission is hardly prime ministerial material

To pay for all this, the manifesto envisages scrapping the exorbitant planned High Speed 2 rail line between London and Birmingham, abolishing the Barnett formula (which gives Scotland significantly higher public spending per head than England and Wales) and cutting most foreign aid (much of which is wasted on ‘vanity projects’, siphoned off by corrupt leaders, or sent to countries such as India that are perfectly capable of looking after themselves).

Of course, I’ve no idea whether Ukip’s sums add up. I don’t suppose they do, but nor do anyone else’s. It is preposterous for Labour and the Tories to complain that there are black holes in Ukip’s finances when their own figures have gaps bigger than the Grand Canyon.

No, this is for the most part a carefully reasoned, practical and candid document. There is nothing remotely ‘fruit-cakey’ about it. It has the merit of being more specific than the manifestos of the three main parties. I am sure many millions of voters would agree with most of it. I certainly do.

And yet the fact remains that the polls suggest Ukip will probably capture no more than three or four seats at most, though they may well receive more votes than the Lib Dems, who are expected to win up to 30 seats.

The party will unquestionably fall victim to our ‘first past the post’ electoral system and its support in the country will not be reflected at Westminster.

Campaigners in Essex: Probably the most decisive factor in many people’s calculations is the realisation that a vote for Ukip will usually be a wasted one

But there are other reasons for its impending failure. One is that it plainly doesn’t have the kind of senior figures who voters might imagine are capable of constituting the government of a country which, despite everything, is still a major economy and a pretty serious power.

Fear: I don’t relish the thought of having Mr Farage too near the nuclear button with a pint in his hand

Its leader, Nigel Farage, is an engaging character who by his own admission is hardly prime ministerial material. Doubtless he would be a much more amusing companion on a short holiday than any of the other party leaders, but I don’t relish the thought of having him too near the nuclear button with a pint in his hand.

Moreover, during the campaign so far he has seemed less than his normal bouncy and irrepressible self, possibly because he has seen the electoral writing on the wall. He suddenly seems a diminished figure.

So far as Ukip itself is concerned, although its manifesto is sane and balanced, the suspicion lingers that here and there the party may harbour the odd former BNP nutcase who hasn’t really jettisoned his old, antediluvian beliefs.

Probably the most decisive factor in many people’s calculations is the realisation that a vote for Ukip will usually be a wasted one. This is certainly the case in my constituency, which is a Lib Dem/Tory marginal.

Even if this weren’t so, I wouldn’t vote Ukip for the reasons I have mentioned, although if I lived in one of those handful of constituencies in which Labour and Ukip are said to be neck-and-neck, and where the Tories have no prospect of victory - Great Grimsby, Dudley North and Heywood & Middleton are mentioned - I might be tempted. But in any other circumstances I can’t envisage doing so.

The truth is that although in many ways it speaks for millions of Conservative and naturally ‘small-c’ conservative Britons - and certainly doesn’t merit the condescension it has received from David Cameron, or the vitriol regularly doled out by the BBC and certain newspapers - Ukip is not yet a fully-formed, credible political party.

Mr Farage with Ukip deputy chairman Suzanne Evans: During the campaign so far he has seemed less than his normal bouncy and irrepressible self, possibly because he has seen the electoral writing on the wall

I say this with a rather heavy heart, for I don’t believe that whatever coalition emerges from the meetings behind closed doors which will follow the election will represent my views or those of many millions of my fellow Britons.

Persisting with fiction: If only Prime Minister David Cameron would now promise an early EU in/out referendum
he could give the Tories their best chance of achieving an overall majority, something they have not achieved since 1992

In recent days we have heard promises from Labour on economic prudence which would inevitably be undermined by any political alliance with the profligate SNP. If the Tories again find themselves in bed with the Lib Dems, they may well be forced to drop their new ‘right-to-buy’ policy for housing association tenants, and even their commitment to hold a referendum on our EU membership in 2017.

On which subject, the President of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, is reported by The Times to have ruled out any negotiations on Britain’s relationship with Europe until 2019 at the earliest. It is extremely unlikely even then that any significant concessions will be made.

I fear David Cameron knows this in his heart, but persists with the fiction not only that proper negotiations can be entered into with our EU partners, but that they will yield substantial results.

If only he would now promise an early referendum, and make clear that he will recommend withdrawal in the event of not achieving a favourable deal, he could attract many prospective Ukip voters, and give the Tories their best chance of achieving an overall majority, something they have not achieved since 1992. I don’t believe he will have the courage to do so.

Instead, we are faced with the likelihood of a coalition of one sort of another brokered by politicians who will scratch each other’s backs and cheerfully junk promises made to the electorate. David Laws, a leading Lib Dem, shamelessly admitted in a BBC interview yesterday that ‘no party can deliver all of its manifesto’. Translation: there will inevitably be a stitch-up.

Meanwhile, Lord O’Donnell, the former Cabinet Secretary who co-ordinated the 2010 coalition talks, let the cat out of the bag when he described the campaign as ‘public foreplay’. The consummation will come after we have voted.

In this election, I don’t believe any promise I hear because I expect it to be watered down or simply binned once the political parties get down to business as usual. This is a fantasy election, and very little that is being said now will ever bear fruit.

While respecting Ukip and admiring its courage, I can’t, alas, take it seriously. Which is why, come May 7, like many millions of others I will be placing my ‘X’ elsewhere without much confidence that my hopes and aspirations will ever be reflected.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Should be interesting how well the two newer/smaller parties, SNP and UKIP, fare on election day.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
increasing funding for various things while eliminating costs for other things , limiting skilled immigration AND dramatically lowering taxes? this guy is whack as hell , a 12 year old could smell the horse****.

he also keeps referencing hadrian's wall in his debates, lmfao.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
In the lead-up the May 7 British election, Prime Minister David Cameron, I guess, thought it was time to masquerade as 'one of the people.' He was photographed at a barbecue eating a hot dog:

His mode of consumption elicited a flurry of responses (link is external) from some Twitter wags:

Hahhaa, David Cameron eating a hot dog with a knife and fork. Silver service only for the privileged!"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxB-H6f3crY&feature=player_embedded

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Should be interesting how well the two newer/smaller parties, SNP and UKIP, fare on election day.

If we end up with a Labour/SNP coalition, which is a very real possibility at the moment (it's actually the bookies' favourites), then I predict rioting on the streets of England and Wales (not Northern Ireland, though, as that has its own parties anyway rather than any of the national ones like Labour, Tories and Ukip). I do seriously believe there will be violence.

That's because 91% of the UK's 46 million-strong electorate can't vote for the SNP - only the Scots can - so there will be a lot of people in England and Wales who will be very unhappy having an ANTI-BRITISH Scottish nationalist by the name of Nicola Sturgeon lording it over them as Ed Miliband's Deputy's Prime Minister pushing through her socialist policies - like the socialist policies which wrecked the UK in the 1970s - many of which will benefit the Scots to the detriment of everyone else in Britain. And English patience is already being severely tested with all the favouritism and the freebies (like free precriptions and university places) and the benefits which the Scots get yet which are denied to the English (yet paid for by them) so having a Scottish nationalist party which they cannot vote for in a coalition government pushing through left-wing policies which will be very unpopular in England will probably just completely snap English patience once and for all and there'll be severe consequences (we have to remember that the English constitute around 82% of the UK population).

Only Britain in the 21st Century can even contemplate having an anti-British party in power. Having the SNP in a coalition will be like Canada having Bloc Québécois in a national coalition.

Thankfully, though, a Labour Government, despite relying on the SNP to prop them up, will just tell the SNP to get stuffed when it comes to many of the SNP's loonier, unpopular proposals (such as scrapping nuclear weapons and their profligate, socialist policies), because they know that they would get severely punished by English and Welsh voters in subsequent polls otherwise if they don't.

So I'm hoping that the Tories win the election. But it won't be an outright win as nobody party will win outright (believe it or not the Tories have not won a general election outright since 1992), so I'm hoping they'll form a coalition with Ukip and DUP (Northern Ireland's, Unionist, anti-EU party), which is also a very real possibility.

In the lead-up the May 7 British election, Prime Minister David Cameron, I guess, thought it was time to masquerade as 'one of the people.' He was photographed at a barbecue eating a hot dog:

His mode of consumption elicited a flurry of responses (link is external) from some Twitter wags:

Hahhaa, David Cameron eating a hot dog with a knife and fork. Silver service only for the privileged!"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxB-H6f3crY&feature=player_embedded

And, rather famously, Ed Miliband can't even eat a bacon butty properly. And this is the guy who may become Prime Minister on May 8th.

increasing funding for various things while eliminating costs for other things , limiting skilled immigration AND dramatically lowering taxes? this guy is whack as hell , a 12 year old could smell the horse****.

Farage doesn't want to limit skilled immigration. He wants to limit unskilled immigration. Most - or, at least, a huge amount - of immigrants coming to Britain are unskilled, thanks to the EU's freedom of movement. Britain cannot put controls on the amount of immigrants that come here from the rest of the EU due to that policy. That means that ANYONE from the EU can come to Britain whether they are skilled, unskilled, employed or unemployed, and there's nothing Britain can do about it whilst it's in the EU. It's as though the EU is a country (which is what its rulers want it to be) and its people can go anywhere within it.

That's why Ukip wants to get Britain out of the EU so it can finally control immigration and put an end to these huge waves of unskilled EU migrants and limit their numbers. Ukip believe that the EU's freedom of movement rule in racist, because it forces Britain to allow in tens of thousands of unskilled Poles and thieving Roma whilst, at the same time, Britain has to limit the number of doctors coming here from India and Australia and elsewhere in the Commonwealth. Ukip wants to control EU immigration - and it needs to get us out of the EU to do that - so we see less unskilled EU citizens coming in and more skilled Commonwealth citizens, like Indian doctors.

Immigration to Britain was, on average, 30,000 a year between 1945 and the late 1990s. But when Labour came to power in 1997 they opened the floodgates and now we have an average of 300,000 or so coming in every year - a city the size of Birmingham every three years. Ukip wants to reduce immigration to a tenth of what it is now, back to the levels it used to be at.

he also keeps referencing hadrian's wall in his debates, lmfao.
That's because he's standing up for those millions of English voters who are fed up with their taxpayers' money going to Scotland through the unfair and outdated Barnett Formula, which gives the Scots much higher public spending per head than the English. Ukip wants to cut Scotland's share of the Barnett Formula. Joel Barnett himself, who came up with the formula, said ten years ago that it should now be scrapped, that it was only intended as a temporary measure and was never meant to last this long, and that he certainly didn't intend to give the Scots an unfair advantage over the English, Welsh and Northern Irish when it came to public spending. Unfortunately, however, many Scots can't see this and now see the Barnett Formula as some form of entitlement.

Last edited:

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
If we end up with a Labour/SNP coalition,

how the hell is it possible? miliband wanted nothing to do with the idea in last nights debates.

Farage doesn't want to limit skilled immigration. He wants to limit unskilled immigration. Most - or, at least, a huge amount - of immigrants coming to Britain are unskilled, thanks to the EU's freedom of movement. Britain cannot put controls on the amount of immigrants that come here from the rest of the EU due to that policy. That means that ANYONE from the EU can come to Britain whether they are skilled, unskilled, employed or unemployed, and there's nothing Britain can do about it whilst it's in the EU. It's as though the EU is a country (which is what its rulers want it to be) and its people can go anywhere within it.

Control immigration with points system, limit of 50,000 skilled workers a year and a five-year ban on unskilled immigration

jesus, it's right there in your own link. a limit of 50k skilled workers.

I
That's why Ukip wants to get Britain out of the EU so it can finally control immigration and put an end to these huge waves of unskilled EU migrants and limit their numbers. Ukip believe that the EU's freedom of movement rule in racist, because it forces Britain to allow in tens of thousands of unskilled Poles and thieving Roma whilst, at the same time, Britain has to limit the number of doctors coming here from India and Australia and elsewhere in the Commonwealth. Ukip wants to control EU immigration - and it needs to get us out of the EU to do that - so we see less unskilled EU citizens coming in and more skilled Commonwealth citizens, like Indian doctors

Immigration to Britain was, on average, 30,000 a year between 1945 and the late 1990s. But when Labour came to power in 1997 they opened the floodgates and now we have an average of 300,000 or so coming in every year - a city the size of Birmingham every three years. Ukip wants to reduce immigration to a tenth of what it is now, back to the levels it used to be at.

you're a fervent supporter of war and imperialism but reject immigration? you got to take one with the other. also accusing others of racism? this is highly ironic as all you spew is xenophobic nonsense ad nauseam.

That's because he's standing up for those millions of English voters who are fed up with their taxpayers' money going to Scotland through the unfair and outdated Barnett Formula, which gives the Scots much higher public spending per head than the English. Ukip wants to cut Scotland's share of the Barnett Formula. Joel Barnett himself, who came up with the formula, said ten years ago that it should now be scrapped, that it was only intended as a temporary measure and was never meant to last this long, and that he certainly didn't intend to give the Scots an unfair advantage over the English, Welsh and Northern Irish when it came to public spending. Unfortunately, however, many Scots can't see this and now see the Barnett Formula as some form of entitlement.
i don't get it. you're crying about english tax money going to scotland yet you were vehemently against scottish independence. wasn't the barnett formula one of the bargaining chips that helped scotland stay in the u.k?

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
http://rt.com/uk/251165-farage-boat-death-blame/

NATO bombing of Libya led to Mediterranean migrant deaths – Farage

Prime Minister David Cameron is partially responsible for the deaths of hundreds of migrants who drowned off the Libyan coast on Sunday due to his ‘fanaticism’ in ousting former dictator Mummar Gaddafi, Nigel Farage has said.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
As the election gets nearer and nearer, Britain's left-wing-Establishment-run media is getting sillier and sillier and ever more childish in its anti-Ukip smear campaign. They keep telling us (wrongly) that Ukip are "slipping in the polls" (but only in the few polls which the media deliberately choose to show the public yet in those polls which they don't show Ukip's support is still holding up strongly), yet they keep up with the childish smear campaign which shows that, in reality, despite all their talk of a mythological "slip" in the polls, they are still running scared of Ukip and terrified of what is going to happen on May 7th (Ukip are projected to finish second in at least 100 seats as well as gaining more MPs which will, yet again, be another phenomenal breakthrough for them). The continued smear campaign against Ukip just smacks of desperation by a Left-wing Establishment which is looking like it's going to receive another battering at the hands of Ukip two weeks tomorrow.

Here are some of the silliest recent smear attempts against Ukip:

Man says he's ALLERGIC to Nigel Farage | Daily Mail Online

Nigel Farage denies Ukip's manifesto is racist with 'fully black person' comment | Daily Mail Online

This one from the Telegraph is particularly hilarious in its spectacular failure:

“UKIP candidate gets date of General Election wrong on campaign poster” claimed the Telegraph (which is no longer the "Torygraph" as it once was but, as with so many other things nowadays, has now been taken over by a Left-wing cabal) recently, publishing a leaflet from soon to be red-faced candidate John Tennant, who had embarrassingly told voters to turn out on May 6 instead of May 7.

Just one problem with the story: the leaflet was from 2010, when polling day was May 6. Whoops!

The Telegraph have now pulled the story.

Of course, sensible people will tell you that such smearing of Ukip doesn't make them any less popular and make it less likely that people will vote for them on May 7th. It just recruits more people to Ukip's cause and will make more and more people vote for them on May 7th, so such smear tactics are a help, not a hindrance, to Ukip.

The Establishment can try all they like, but Ukip aren't going away.

?NATO bombing of Libya led to Mediterranean migrant deaths ? Farage ? RT UK

NATO bombing of Libya led to Mediterranean migrant deaths – Farage

Prime Minister David Cameron is partially responsible for the deaths of hundreds of migrants who drowned off the Libyan coast on Sunday due to his ‘fanaticism’ in ousting former dictator Mummar Gaddafi, Nigel Farage has said.

Once again, Farage and Ukip are right. Isn't it refreshing just to see a party say it as it is rather than spouting predictable PC platitudes all the time?

The Mainstream Media’s Anti-UKIP Smears Only Boost the Party’s Support

Channel 4

by Alexandra Swann
6 Mar 2015
Breitbart

What will the five terrestrial broadcasters do when, at the beginning of April, the short campaign of this General Election starts? How on earth will they fill their evening listings when parliament closes down, MPs go back to their constituencies to fight tooth and nail to retain their slim majorities and press regulations state that the broadcasters must apply a level of reason as to their coverage of the various political parties vying for your vote?

We know what they are doing so far; within the last few weeks alone, we have seen a series of horror futurology dramas and pseudo-reality dystocumentaries. With depressing predictability, all of these offerings had one common theme: “UKIP, aren’t they scary; aren’t they mad?” The undertone was clearly that a vote for UKIP can lead only to bad things and to be a UKIP voter is to be unutterably (delete where appropriate) mad/racist/homophobic/ignorant/elderly/fat/ugly/working-class/white/stupid.

The first in this mini-series was Channel 4’s mockumentary “UKIP: the first 100 days”, lauded as “groundbreaking and provocative”, notable for zombie-apocalypse scenes of fat, working class white people supporting a pretty, thoughtful Sikh UKIP candidate. The first result of a UKIP victory, the director made clear, was that Airbus Industries would leave the country, instantly sacking their 17,000 direct employees and the tens of thousands who were employed by suppliers and subsidiary companies.

What has happened since this came out? 1. The program has received more complaints to Ofcom than any other stand-alone program in the past ten years. 2. The director, Chris Atkins, has since been to court charged with £2.5 million of tax fraud; and 3. Airbus has fought back, with their Chief Exec Tom Enders, an advisor to David Cameron, denouncing the program as wholly inaccurate.

Next up: ‘Meet the Kippers’ by BBC2. This was actually a documentary, sort of. It was a seven month project designed to look at the people involved in the UKIP stronghold of Kent and specifically the constituency of Thanet South where UKIP leader, Nigel Farage, is tipped by Ladbrokes 3/1 to win in May.

What better place to winkle out the greater-spotted-UKIP-loon? And after seven months of digging, to their credit, they found and recorded a three minute video clip of Cllr Rosanne Duncan spouting what was the clearest expression of racial prejudice seen on British television for years.

On discovering this, back in December, UKIP’s increasingly excellent press team took less than fifteen minutes to boot her out of the party after confirming her “jaw dropping” comments. Aside from the worrying incident of Cllr Duncan, the program was a masterclass in metropolitan contempt for the sort of people who do vote for UKIP; ordinary lower-middle and working class people with their collections of stuffed toys and porcelain clowns. It reeked of the sort of disdain by the Islington “liberals” that saw Labour MP Emily Thornberry punished last year.

Following that was BBC4’s “Great European Disaster Movie” an even more blatant hatchet job than its predecessors. This one was written by the former editor of that great Europhilic journal The Economist, Bill Emmott, and starred Angus Deayton of “sacked for taking cocaine with a prostitute while presenting Have I Got News For You” fame.

This was a portentous warning against the dangers of the break-up of the European Union and the horrors of a Farage-run United Kingdom. The great dictator would, amongst other horrors, throw out all migrants to Britain over the past ten years – which would be, according to ONS figures, millions of people – despite the fact that at no point ever has UKIP suggested the deportation of any legal migrants. The EU, with Britain gone, would be a disaster. ISIS was lapping at the gates of Vienna. Even German airports had shut down. And somehow it was all UKIP’s fault. Emmott has since admitted that he received European Union funding to translate his fairy tale into a variety of continental languages!

Finally came Channel 5’s grand opus, the fantastically brilliant “Farage Fans and UKIP Lovers”, starring a cast of oddballs and caricatures well-suited to Channel 5’s usual evening guests on such documentary blockbusters as ‘Embarrassing Bodies’, “Worst Weather Ever” and “Sex: How to do Everything”. Twitter erupted. Between the lesbian racist, the enormous dominatrix hoping that UKIP would appoint a Minister for Bondage and the gaunt, bald chap who claimed that Hitler was the “Jewish Messiah”, it was hard not to applaud the diligence of the film makers for finding such prize and rare specimens while making a documentary. I know they spent hours filming other UKIP supporters, member and candidates across the country but, unsurprisingly, the sane ones were found wanting.

Amid the unprecedented propaganda against one of the most successful and supported political parties in the UK, one small fact is worth noting. UKIP’s position in the polls has remained stubbornly buoyant. Yesterday, Ashcroft polled UKIP at 18 percent; The Sun’s YouGov tracker keeps UKIP at 14-15 percent despite all the best efforts of its editorial directive.

None of these programs is making the blindest bit of difference to UKIP’s supporters. From the perspective of a potential UKIP voter, I find these programs tiresome, deliberate and so painfully obvious. Of course the BBC, Channel 4 and Channel 5 are wading in on the establishment’s side.

What I do find interesting is what UKIP would do if given a shot at power. 1. UKIP are proposing a fairer, simpler tax system. 2. UKIP would reform our immigration system from one that is, at its core, racist to one that judges individuals on their own merits regardless of where they are from. 3. UKIP would bring choice into education; and 4. Looking at a carelessly revealed briefing note, UKIP intend to remove the VAT luxury tax on those “luxury” sanitary products that was inflicted on women when we joined the “common market” back in 1973. According to the government figures it would only cost £15 million to take it away but under EU rules you cannot stop VAT on an item on which VAT has already been levied.

UKIP faces ridicule for the views of unaffiliated supporters and on the back of policies that they do not actually have. When they come up with something as sensible and brilliant as removing the Tampon tax they don’t receive the coverage they deserve. When it does come to the short campaign, when UKIP is obliged to receive the same air-time as other political parties with “major party” status, then let’s hope the broadcasters give as much coverage to the policies as they are now doing to the parodies.

The Mainstream Media's Anti-UKIP Smears Only Boost the Party's Support - Breitbart

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I voted about 40 minutes ago - midday - in the General Election.

There are also local government and mayoral elections being held in all parts of England today except Cornwall, Durham, the Isle of Wight, Northumberland, Isles of Scilly, Shropshire and Wiltshire.

So that means I voted for whom I want to represent Bolton South East at Westminster and who I want to represent the Great Lever ward at Bolton Metropolitan Borough Council at Bolton Town Hall.

As in every election I've voted in since 2001 I voted in the assembly hall (in a little partitioned off bit so the pupils can still use the rest of it) of St Williams of York Roman Catholic Primary School near where I live.

I say "Roman Catholic" but when I went in there around 50 minutes ago just before midday it just happened to be the moment the pupils were having their dinner in the hall, and almost every kid I saw was a little skull-cap-wearing or hijab-wearing Paki (it wasn't very diverse and multicultural). Trying to spot the white kids whilst I was waiting to get my two voting papers was like a game of Where's Wally. A Roman Catholic school was completely overrun by Muslims.

All this did, of course, was galvanise me even more to vote Ukip, and to reinforce further why it's important that people vote Ukip.

So I voted for my (Bolton South East) Ukip candidate Jeff Armstrong in the General Election and my Ukip candidate Paul Eccles to represent the Great Lever ward in the Bolton council election.

What I want to know, however, is why do they provide you with pencils rather than pens to vote with? Is that so that when the voting closes at 10pm tonight they can secretly open the ballot boxes and erase votes for certain candidates and put their own crosses in next to a more "preferable" candidate?

Mr Amrstrong's leaflet for this General Election:

A leaflet from Mr Armstrong when he was standing as a candidate in a local by-election in Bolton's Harper Green ward last year:

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What i want to know, however, is why do they provide you with pencils rather than pens to vote with? Is that so that when the voting closes at 10pm tonight they can secretly open the ballot boxes and erase votes for certain candidates and put their own crosses in next to a more "preferable" candidate?
They do it so when BNP-Lite gets its a ss handed to it, the delusional bigots can mutter conspiracy theories into their fifth lager of the evening.

I see you've already set up your excuse for why BNP-Lite is screwed, blued, and tattooed. The simple fact that most Brits aren't malicious bigots will never cross whatever you have where most people have minds.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
They do it so when BNP-Lite gets its a ss handed to it, the delusional bigots can mutter conspiracy theories into their fifth lager of the evening.

Don't worry, mate. I fully expect Labour's Muslim candidate Yasmin Qureshi to remain as my MP here in Bolton South East All the Pakis in the constituency will vote her back in, so don't you worry about that (plus that liberal-looking woman overseeing things will probably rub out a lot of the Ukip votes after 10pm tonight and replace them with her own crosses next to Qureshi's name).

I see you've already set up your excuse for why BNP-Lite is screwed, blued, and tattooed. The simple fact that most Brits aren't malicious bigots will never cross whatever you have where most people have minds.
Seeing a Christian school choc full of little Muslims is a terrible state of affairs. I bet no non-Muslims are allowed into Bolton Muslim Girls' School. Oh no, that wouldn't be allowed. There must be plenty of Catholic parents around the Great Lever area of the town who can't get their kids into St William of York RC Primary School because it full of Muslims. It's terrible.

If any (non-Muslim) voters are going in there today who are undecided, as soon as they see all those Muslims kids they'll be putting that cross straight by the Ukip candidate, you mark my words.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Britain – No longer “Great” but Doomed to Another Five Years of Pain and “Austerity”

My heart bleeds, my soul is sick and my land is broken and dying. How else can I describe how I felt when I learnt that the dis-United Kingdom was back in the greedy and unfeeling grasp of the ‘nasty’ party, the Conservatives. I was not alone.
“I was quite happy this morning – until I saw a newspaper on my way to work… I hope to God my children end up living abroad,” was one acquaintance’s reaction, her face still shocked hours later.
But my heart sings for Scotland, a nation that has shown corrupt Westminster the door, the Scottish National Party taking all but two of the seats. Bring on land reform; bring on social justice; and bring on independence! For independence there will be. Scotland has taken too many insults from Westminster politicians. If no others demand reform of our broken political system, they will.

Britain – No longer “Great” but Doomed to Another Five Years of Pain and “Austerity” | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Britain – No longer “Great” but Doomed to Another Five Years of Pain and “Austerity”

My heart bleeds, my soul is sick and my land is broken and dying. How else can I describe how I felt when I learnt that the dis-United Kingdom was back in the greedy and unfeeling grasp of the ‘nasty’ party, the Conservatives. I was not alone.
“I was quite happy this morning – until I saw a newspaper on my way to work… I hope to God my children end up living abroad,” was one acquaintance’s reaction, her face still shocked hours later.
But my heart sings for Scotland, a nation that has shown corrupt Westminster the door, the Scottish National Party taking all but two of the seats. Bring on land reform; bring on social justice; and bring on independence! For independence there will be. Scotland has taken too many insults from Westminster politicians. If no others demand reform of our broken political system, they will.

Britain – No longer “Great” but Doomed to Another Five Years of Pain and “Austerity” | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization
Yup lets all have a happy new order magna carta that will show them . Who ever them are .

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
"Let's show those pesky British voters what for. They've obviously voted the "wrong" way and, as a result, they are too thick to be trusted to vote for the government they want. From now on the British people must be "taught" to vote the "right" way and, in any future election, any person intending to vote for a non-left-wing socialist party will be made to show the error of their ways and to vote again, for the "right" party this time."

No longer “Great” but Doomed to Another Five Years of Pain and “Austerity”
It was either vote for that or vote Labour back in, the same party whose bankrupting of Britain and their continuing spending even after they had bankrupted us when they were last in power between 1997 and 2010 got us into the economic mess which we experienced, which led to the Tories coming in in 2010 in a coalition with the Liberal Democrats to do something that EVERY Tory government has to do - clear up the economic mess left by Labour.

The Conservatives are doing brilliantly with the economy. Britain is booming. It is the fastest-growing major economy in the West and has just overtaken France. The British public just didn't trust Labour running the economy again when the Tories are getting things back on the right track, and that is why Labour were soundly defeated and why the Tories picked up a majority - their first since 1992 - when everyone was expected a Hung Parliament and another Tory-led or Labour-led coalition.

Britain needs austerity. Polls show that most of the public support it. We could not allow Labour back in and allow them to continue the profligacy they showed the last time they were in power, possibly propped up by the equally profligate SNP. When times are hard you quit spending, not spend more, which is what Labour and SNP wanted to do. Those two parties would have been the ruin of the British economy.

Also, if the British people were really suffering from "pain" as a result of austerity then they would have voted for Labour, but they didn't.

Another reason for Labour's downfall was the possibilty of them getting into bed with the SNP, and either form a Labour/SNP coalition or be propped up by the SNP (which would have been ironic considering that it was Labour whom the SNP wiped out in Scotland). Just before the election a poll revealed that 70% of the British public did not want the SNP to play any part in a UK Government, so even many usual Labour voters didn't vote for Labour because they didn't want them in bed with the SNP.

Labour were also described yesterday as being "Too right wing for Scotland (which is amazing when you consider that Miliband is a Marxist) and too left wing for England."

But my heart sings for Scotland, a nation that has shown corrupt Westminster the door,
How has is shown "corrupt" Westminster the door? By voting for 59 MPs to put into it?

the Scottish National Party taking all but two of the seats. Bring on land reform; bring on social justice; and bring on independence! For independence there will be. Scotland has taken too many insults from Westminster politicians. If no others demand reform of our broken political system, they will.
SNP have taken all but three of Scotland's seats. They've taken 56 of Scotland's 59 seats.

But I should point out that, despite this, only 50% of those in Scotland who voted in the election actually voted for the SNP. 50% of them did not vote for SNP and voted for Unionist parties. SNP only got 56 seats as a result of Britain's unfair electoral system which has allowed, in this election, SNP to get 56 seats with just 1.5 million votes and Ukip to get just one seat despite getting 3.8 million votes (only Tories and Labour got more votes than Ukip) And even of those who voted for SNP, not all of them want independence. SNP voters were interviewed in Edinburgh this morning and they were saying that just because they voted for SNP it doesn't mean they want independence. A huge chunk of SNP voters don't want independence and are just using SNP as a protest.

As someone from Dundee texted onto the BBC Red Button last night during a special election episode of BBC Question Time: "We Scots voted for SNP not because we want independence but because we are protesting the cuts." (Although, as I said, the SNP got just 50% of the vote share in Scotland, so the other 50% of Scottish voters did not vote for them).

Last edited: